Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

STR posted:

Nah, he's going to be bitching for 5 pages about a laughably failed EZ30 swap.

Also we never got those in the US (that I know of). What *is* it? Corolla?

The hatch version of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
This is the same Forester you've had the whole time yeah? Maybe I'm spoiled by decades of JDM spec cars here but still seems weird such a "modern" car doesn't have it. Some weird Aussie povo-pack but with cruise etc?

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
My '90 Bluebird had cruise but no ABS, '96 Maxima had ABS but no cruise (both NZ assembled), and my '06 Fuga 450GT has fuckin *everything* except cruise, sunroof and upgraded Bose sound (the only JDM options).

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
I didn't use it a lot on the Bluebird, partly because it was a manual, so only any good for long periods of sitting in 5th, but also given the similarities in geography between Japan and NZ, I wonder if they think it's just not useful? No good in urban traffic, and certainly here in NZ, only one city has long enough motorways, outside that even "major" highways are twisty two lane rural roads. Japan does have more inter-urban highways but not all that much compared to US or even Europe.

Modern radar stuff would be more useful but still.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

gently caress the lack of communication of just what they can do to you.

Been fighting this too, both with my father and myself. I was telling him to go thru his meds and check ALL the side effects, and low and behold it explains some of his problems, so I did the same myself. My main problem is weight, but I'm struggling with muscle and joint pain and trouble moving, so exercise is proving hard. I know it's hard, that's fine, but I'm not seeing progress and for a while now I've just felt like somethings not right. Oh, turns out two of my meds cause muscle and joint pain and trouble moving, on top of what excess weight does. I'm not just lazy!

What I realised is the communication problem is doctors and pharmacists focus on the dangerous side effects, they tell you all about them, but you're on your own with the more mundane ones. Turns out those mundane ones can stack up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk