Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Didn't you have a spare EZ30...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
So it's an AE92 in CSi trim.. which in Australia at least meant 4A-FE, factory aircon (did I mention Australia yes this was an option into the 1990s even in a car with twin overhead cams on the lower tier models) and I think it even had central locking and electric windows.

So I'm guessing either someone dropped a 4A-G in this one, or he's going to be spending the next 3 pages talking about fuel economy.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
I test drove a couple of Twinkies (AE82 twin cam) and can confirm they were fun as gently caress.

Americans did get these in 4AG trim at least, they were badged as a Corolla GT iirc. There was also the 2 door FX-GT which were ugly as gently caress.

A few mates had the SX version over the years and they were more fun than they had any right to be, but the noises they made were the major selling point for me. I wanted one for years, but then initial D started becoming popular here and so by the time I could afford one, there were much more interesting cars available for the price.

Like the 1986 turbo starlet I had <3

Still, this should hopefully be a fairly straightforward swap. I'm not even sure that Toyota used a stronger box in the factory 4A-G cars, they weren't exactly a torque monster.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The best thing about BMC cars is you don't need to worry about whether a PO has totally hosed the electrics or not.

They came that way from the factory!