Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Why ask me ? I cant understand me either!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

That seems......... sub-optimal. Any idea what happened?

Kinda goes like this....

The motor has always had "lifter" noise. I just figured I shouldnt have just slapped the heads on without checking the clearances besides yeah, its not huge. I also need to fit a brass button clutch anyway.

I had just got the car running with Drive by wire on te new ECU and was doing throttle testing as the car warmed up. Running at 3000 RPM. Did facebook video and 10 seconds later..

Screech rrrrrr stop.

Hmm... did i just drop a timing belt or fan belt? NOPE!. Restart car.... Clatterclatterclatterclatter. Spounds like big end! Pull off intake in case it was the belt (easy to see spagetti...) and THERE IS YA PROBLEM! It appears the parts motor already had a valve issue ( it had a spun bearing on no 1, this was no4 cylinder). Whataya do.....

You remove the motor in an hour!

It managed to put trash into the OTHER cylinder on that side but fortunately the bore is fine. Ive located another donor motor for the heads and should collect it today. Ill also raid a Piston. Stay tuned, I aint heard no fat lady....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

And for my next trick...

https://youtu.be/vxTy3fOobdA

IT DOES SKIDS!

Kinda more relieved than joyous to be honest....

PS: I better correct the information error.. I went back and cecked an old dyno chart.

the BRZ has more torque than the STi.. by 2 freedom units....

what have I created....

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

Side note.. I have traction issues on Tarmac ..... I Like this kind of problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSNWeP1AGTo

Kaptainballistik
Nov 2, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I keep thinking projects dont get finished around here but lets see what got built and out the door of this garage....

1) Reuild MY06 WRX
2) WRC STI build
3) AWD BRZ
4) Forester GT rebuild
5) CURSED OUTBACK
6) RX-7
7) WRX STI swapped Forester now on the final leg to geting on the road
8) God knows how many Subarus etither pulled apart or fixed and out the door.
9) Corolla

Ummm..... okay so maybe I was wrong, poo poo gets done?

Edit : Also had a check and the injectors are already 440cc STI injectors so I'm good on that one

Ahem.... CHU had a gearbox swap there and the VR4 did some time here! so thats 11...