Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Looks more like a washer fluid tank :v:

Either way, they get pretty brittle in TX too. Not quite "fall apart if you sneeze on it" brittle, but brittle enough that you can crack the lip on top by bumping it wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

is... is this the Outback that you wanted to torch?

I thought you didn't play with EZ30s anymore.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Blacknose posted:

I own an unbroken working reliable Subaru but it still always needs something doing to it. Currently driveshaft oil seals and seized camber bolts (although they're all seized at -1 so they can stay seized).

:same:

On mine, both outer CVs are popping around turns (one is less than a year old, not even a reman.. the other is a reman that came with the car). :argh: Needs a suspension refresh pretty bad. But I paid $1800 for it right at a year ago, the only repairs I've done have been an axle, radiator, and radiator/trans cooler hoses. The rest has just been maint.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

You bought a basketcase pair of Legacies with the EZ30? :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Sorry, I stand corrected. 3 junkyard Outbacks with three EZ30s between them, one of them has a random EJ251 shortblock in the back seat and questionable wiring everywhere.

With a Citroen 2CV and a Mercedes AMG parked nearby. All of them dripping critical fluids.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nah, he's going to be bitching for 5 pages about a laughably failed EZ30 swap.

Also we never got those in the US (that I know of). What *is* it? Corolla?

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 20, 2020

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Any clue if the heater core has been replaced before? Is it possible it wound up with a LHD core? Or maybe the core is a bit on the clogged side, and you just flushed all the buildup out of it when you reversed the hoses, restoring close to full flow?

Is the heater core a separate loop from the rest of the cooling system, or relied upon as part of the main cooling system loop? If the latter, I'm betting it was a bit clogged. Beyond that :iiam:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I thought it was common knowledge for years now that the Yaris coil packs were Hot poo poo<tm>?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

At least Subaru gives you an access panel to get to the pump.

Or at least they did on early 00s Legacys/Outbacks...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bah that's not that old, you're just young, kiddo.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I'm on 3 blood pressure meds, still have high BP. I'm just not a walking stroke with the meds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

One positive effect tho is that ACE inhibitors it turns out is a known PED and that has helped increase the amount of cycling I do from 1250Kms a month to 1800kms+ (as well as you know just getting out there far more and finding any excuse to ride....)

I wonder if this applies to ARB inhibitors as well? I had to switch from ACE because they gave me a dry cough (let me tell you how fun that was during the height of COVID), but ARB carries many of the same benefits (including protecting kidneys)