Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010
Private Party canonically not as strong as The Bunny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I loving loved that match.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DARK ORDER WIN?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that was super fun!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Did evil Uno just do the mummy meme where he slides in and screams?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wanna see a jack and juice

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THE CAPTAIN

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another misplaced main event

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I forgot how good his Guile theme was.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Dark Order combo offense is so good, and Private Party are great dance partners for them. Basically any configuration of DO would be a killer trios champ

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
The Cap'n is back!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Big new tonytron for the captain

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Would you say you got a Julia har-
A solid minute of silence

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

THE CAPTAIN'S ELBOW

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
:chloe:

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
cool submission!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

into the Margherita????

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm not interested in a peoples elbow if they're not eating a hotdog

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Cezar not about the finger thing tonight

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

~*~i'm a star on the walk of fame~*~

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm not interested in a peoples elbow if they're not eating a hotdog

:hmmyes:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Jake! I missed you!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh poo poo Sage Scott found D-Lo's chest protector

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alaois posted:

~*~i'm a star on the walk of fame~*~

AND my star on the walk of fame. It's an aspirational song about what Honk wants.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Does Honk do anything but super-basic offense? Because Bononi looked like the workhorse of the two and that's sad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

Does Honk do anything but super-basic offense? Because Bononi looked like the workhorse of the two and that's sad.

why would the Honk need to do more than that

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lol they just kinda cut those last two matches on at the end huh?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

uh, kay

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Taz's orange yacht

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
You, a fool: Why did they end the show with two random squashes after a good competitive match?

Me, an AEW Dark connoisseur: Ah, a wise choice to end the episode on Taz screaming about how he's going to buy an orange yacht.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

the first cliffhanger ending in aew dark history. now i have to wait a whole week to find out more about the taz yacht

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Always bums me out in the dynamite gdt when people are like "wow taz is really good on commentary"

if only you knew

Edit: but I digress,

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dark started out a little weak, but really picked up steam for me.

Let Taz sing every song.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I dig Matt Hardy's theme fine for him, and I am fine with the Factory theme for QT, but watching an entire Dark/Elevation back to back thing means hearing those intro stings a looooot and I am very sick of them right now

Let Tazz sing them instead

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Penguin Patrol posted:

Dark started out a little weak, but really picked up steam for me.

Let Taz sing every song.

the commentary was top notch at the star(ks)t of the show

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rotinaj posted:

I dig Matt Hardy's theme fine for him, and I am fine with the Factory theme for QT, but watching an entire Dark/Elevation back to back thing means hearing those intro stings a looooot and I am very sick of them right now

Let Tazz sing them instead

He's buying an orange yacht!

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
taz wasn't lying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq7a2aYeoaw

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
OK, just hear me out here:

Sonny Kiss in Varsity Blondes

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

1) Wardlow vs Baron Black. The blacked out seating area looks weird. Black was scrappy at the start and took the fight to Wardlow, but was quickly obliterated.

2) Vary Morales vs Lee Johnson. Nice and flippy. Lots of grappling. Morales is fast and fluid and has some great Lucha spots. Johnson is starting to outgrow his "nightmare rookie" role. Ending was a bit messy but this was good.

3) Hyan vs Abadon. Hyan isn't bad actually. She does terror well and has some nice athletic moves. She also sells like death. Abadon is, of course, the best.

4) Powerhouse Hobbs vs Marko Stunt. Some fun yeeting around from Hobbs, but I could have done with more absurd spots.

5) Kenny Bengal vs Lance Archer. Lance murders the gently caress out of a little dude. Bengal tries fighting back. It doesn't go well.

6) Charlette Renegade vs Tay Conti. Conti has come on so far in the last year. Everything about her presentation is incredible. Charlette was pretty good and had some fun back and forth here.

7) Dustin's Kids (Chad Lennex and Zachariah) vs The Factory. Zachariah has something. He and Solow look good against each other. Lennex takes a good beating. Obviously this is quite one sided, but Zachariah has something.

8) JD Drake vs Frankie Kazarian. This is a superb wrasslin match but Cezar and Peter are wearing the same shirt and that's the most important thing happening here. This match was awesome.

9) Angelico vs Arjun Singh. Love me some Angelico. Singh is pretty good, very nice facial expressions. I liked the story part that followed.

Joey segment was weird

10) Nyla Rose vs Holidead. I lost it at Taz singing Nyla's theme. Really happy to see Holidead. After a couple of awkward moments there is some nice hard hitting action here. Wanted this to go longer.

11) The Blade vs Sonny Kiss. This is really good. Sonny has a newfound aggression. Blade is a great bully. Hard fought victory, both guys looked great.

Joey turns up to scumbag at the end.

12) Ashley D'Amboise vs Julia Hart. This is an active, enjoyable little match. Not much to say.

13) Jack Evans and Private Party vs Colt, Stu, and Uno. Really enjoying the HFO / Dark Order feud, it feels like a New Japan faction war. This is an energetic back and forth between talented teams and I would love to see this on a non-youtube show with consequences.

14) Shawn Dean vs JDX. Nice coming out performance for Dean, who looked like a serious competitor

15) Honk and Cezar vs Sage Scott and Jake St Patrick. Nice to see the Honks rack up some wins. Decent match where everyone looked good.

Fun show overall. I don't know why they didn't put the Dark Order on last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
another great pandemic dark. they seem to be winding down. i'm going to miss it very much