Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am way behind but I really liked Hobbs’ match, and thought that he looked like he was putting stuff more together than in the past. Very good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Peter Avalon is a legend

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
when is JD drake going to be given the respect of actual ring music

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

Since the gamer thing was (rightfully) dropped, kip and Penelope are really at a loose end here. There's nothing connecting them to Miro anymore

there's also nothing directly connecting trent and chuck to orange cassidy other than the fact that they're all friends. Friends hang out together :shrug:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
a good and correct promo that entirely lives up to the idea that foley would always push, that the best heels are the ones who believe they are justified. And Swole 100% is. Good poo poo, well performed.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mr. Squishy posted:

Jake,I love your cool outfit, but youve got to buy some more crazy outfits with a snake print.

maybe they can get a proper costuming department someday in the near future

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

do you think anyone can tell Jake what to wear

No, but I think if they can provide Jake a whole room of insane poo poo to choose from, he can go nuts

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

smikey posted:

I know this was taped Wednesday/Thursday, but it seems a weird idea to have a bunch of people on the PPV you've been building to risk injury taking these nothing matches "the night before."

An athlete could argue this is a tune-up, akin to practice the night before.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

smikey posted:

Tune-ups aren't the week of, and actual prize fighters go through long training camps with partners that move and fight similarly to their opponents

Yeah well this is the squared circle, pal :colbert:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

smikey posted:

Even fighters starting out aren't gonna do more than one a week if they hope/intend to grow and have a long career

Maybe your sissy fake fighters, but these are wrestling professionals

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

smikey posted:

Yeah, they're dumber than most prize fighters, and often work for under $50 while driving long distances on their own dime

No off-season in pro wrestling, pal

They air 52 weeks a year, better strap on your big boy boots and be there for TV the night before

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jack Evans is a delight :allears:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
what the gently caress was that background music in the darby promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nxuRwkVPx0

Some bees.mp3 poo poo

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I wish Mike Tenay were within earshot, he would have run up panting to go "IT WAS THE GREAT SASUKE WHO NAMED IT THE SENTON ATOMICO"

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

TV Zombie posted:

What's with the tagline for this episode?
"You Never Know Who Might Show Up!"

Did someone show up?

Christopher Daniels, former ROH World Champ, showed up

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

no ryzin entrance :(

Ryzin really deserves to be made All Elite and to be a midcard job guy. I love gimmicks like his and there is always room in the midcard for a dorky spooky dude to take Ls.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I also want to see Hook debut already, I wanna see what the kid's got

I really like Taz and Excalibur fooling around on commentary.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I’m very behind on tonight’s episode, anyone else think that butcher/friends of his have been giving Allie death metal vocal tips because she’s adding some range to her vocalizations

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
KiLynn King's mom jeans are pro tier

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
i'm really behind alla y'all and you can just fuckin' deal with it

Joey Janela is really good and I really like him

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Anthony Bowens is also really, really good and I really dislike him

His vicious heelwork feels super believable, he's so good at it

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm really behind and I would just like to say that Nyla doesn't need Vickie and I have yet to see anything on AEW TV that makes me glad she works there

She's better on BTE with Nyla and Ryzen, but that probably shouldn't be on TV.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think Chuck Taylor is sowing seeds for a heel turn down the road.

edit: I want to see an Abadon segment with Britt Baker where she gets a cleaning done

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I dig Matt Hardy's theme fine for him, and I am fine with the Factory theme for QT, but watching an entire Dark/Elevation back to back thing means hearing those intro stings a looooot and I am very sick of them right now

Let Tazz sing them instead