Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

StarkRavingMad posted:

-1 is totally gonna be a great pro wrestler in like 9 years, isn’t he
He's getting all the character work down early, which is the part new wrestlers usually struggle with. If he can hack it in the ring too it's gonna rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm confused as to the function of Tay's garters.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Taz not really understanding yoga is killing me in a good way

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Germansimp posted:

I continue to be amazed at the ways Luther manages to use Serpentico as a weapon.
I really want them to blast someone with his streamers when the ref's not looking, and then pin someone covered in streamers while the confused ref counts it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Davros1 posted:

Mr. Perfect was briefly managed by "The Coach" (aka John Tolos), who also briefly managed the Beverly Brothers.
Bill Alfonso immediately comes to mind. That goddamn whistle was such an irritating heel trait. IIRC Bob Backlund kind of had an evil coach run in his late WWE career too.

Unrelated: Has Dark ever had a jobber upset? I kind of breezed through episodes when catching up, but I don't recall any big ones. And I don't mean like jobber beating slightly elevated jobber, I mean like a Dark talent upsetting a Dynamite talent. If not, they're about due. Results not being a foregone conclusion all the time would make things a bit more interesting.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm not saying do it all the time, but never doing it is a missed opportunity for a quick angle, imo.

Or should I say... a Dark... :cool: Elevation.

I'm sorry

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

It's probably worth making a separate thread for the first episode at the very least.

I'd say new thread for the show in general starting with the pilot, and if the format is similar to Dark, keep that a megathread. If not, do episodic GDTs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

2) Legit Leyla Hirsch vs Savannah Evans. Tall vs Small. Leyla hits a German suplex even before taking her jacket off. Evans has some decent power and takes a bully role well. She's got raw material that I really think a good trainer could turn into a great character. Pretty good back and forth but there's a few awkward points where one or the other of them is waiting for their opponent to do the next thing and it breaks my immersion. Hirsch looked strong, though.
I absolutely love the idea of a tiny powerhouse in the women's division. She's got a bit of a stocky build so she can make it look believable, and she's short enough to play around with momentum. Kind of reminds me of Taz in his prime, where everyone always towered over him but he would still wreck fools with suplexes. Put her on Team Taz imo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Highlights of the IHMW championship include its 1000th title change when the belt won itself because it came to rest on top of the champion, and the time it was won by a table, then a plate on top of the table, then a yakitori stick on the plate, then the guy who ate it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

Sidebar: no makeup Penta scares the gently caress out of me.
I don't know who that impostor was, but Penta is a skeleton, and that man was not a skeleton.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Lamuella posted:

I'm saying no makeup Penta is skeleton Penta, and is scary. Makeup Penta is when he puts on person makeup. This is also scary.

What are your feelings on Skeleton Batman Penta

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
fair

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Reality Protester posted:

like if it was Cage and Hook and Hobbs and Tazz and Starks beating down Sonny, you can justify running away. but it was only Hook. Joey you poor risk analyzer.

It wasn't just Hook though? Cage was still in the ring and stepped towards Joey as he made a move to come in and help. Joey wasn't even looking at Hook.

Still a heel move by Joey, but I get not wanting to step to Brian Cage.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I liked the TH2/Serpentico dynamic. I feel like they'd make a good team for whenever they introduce Trios titles, though I guess Luther would have to take a back seat for that.

Lamuella posted:

Statlander got busted the hell open at some point, but the blood looks good on her.
Pretty sure she got hit right on her piercing and it tore her lip. :gonk: I wonder if she'll stop wearing it after this.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Who was that tall guy who showed up on a few Darks a while back in a black cowboy hat and a big tattoo down his side? I remember his matches being surprisingly good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, that's the one. Looking at his Cagematch he seems to just do a bunch of random indies.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Squishy posted:

I can no longer support Cyrus now I've spotted the iron cross on the back of his neck
I spotted that too, but the way it was faded is what a tattoo looks like when you're in the process of getting it removed, so good on him if he's trying to get away from that poo poo.

Lamuella posted:

I am terrified by what the Nip Factory payoff could be.
He's taking Marvez to the only place that still manufactures Cheese Nips after they were discontinued.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Me before Friday: "I wonder if we'll see that Chandler Hopkins guy again."
Me during Dynamite: :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Abadon having a mouthful of blood at all times makes for some really fun visual spots, because biting someone makes it look like they're the one who's bleeding. The finger bite to Vox looked really gnarly afterwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
OK, just hear me out here:

Sonny Kiss in Varsity Blondes