Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

it's not hard, really. do you need me to buy you a bottle of black hair dye? or maybe a bauhaus t-shirt?

Thanks! Y'all goths sure are nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

CherryCola posted:

I made the goths listen to Death Grips.....

Ha! loving awesome.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G87-DPVD4pg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1mf987MTvk

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bluetooth headphones have been invented since!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

CherryCola posted:

I DJed my third goth show last night ^_^

Spike Hellis with Mother June, Ortrotasce and Afterworld. It was really like part goth/part weird analogue electric poo poo.

I made the goths listen to Death Grips and Lebanese drone, which filled me with joy. The goths seemed to be into it.

Spike Hellis is extremely loving good btw. I saw them three times in one weekend when they came to Florida with ADULT. and Kontravoid last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXFJdHXbA_Y

EDNURANCE

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Has anyone posted MALE TEARS yet? Good AF darkwave from LA. There's so much good darkwave and post punk coming out these days I can hardly keep track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZIg-0YpupM

bij
Feb 24, 2007

I'm pretty mad at how groovy 1:13 is.
https://youtu.be/UdlBjb5H6nY

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
At the Sisters show now, opening act is getting ready to go on, the crowd is amazing.

Everything from old guys with Jerry Garcia shirts and dreadlocks down to their rear end to young kids who raided Hot Topic to a guy wearing what looks like a complete marching band conductor uniform. I’ve got my prized 1985 Royal Albert Hall Sisters shirt on with plenty of studded leather, and I look sedate.
Fuckin’ awesome.

My selfies look like Victorian corpse photos, but here’s me with my pathetic little bit of hair that has grown back since chemo.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I mean, looking like you had TB was in while everyone was dying of TB. I think you look rad as hell!

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

JnnyThndrs posted:

My selfies look like Victorian corpse photos, but here’s me with my pathetic little bit of hair that has grown back since chemo.

17 y.o. nihilist jerk me would have spat beer laughing at you but I'm elder (not even very) goth now and I think you are rocking that look.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Goonspeed u mighty eldergoth

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Saw Korine with Super Passive and CD Ghost last night. Such a great mix of darkwave and synthpop. I am also hurtling towards elder goth status.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

JnnyThndrs posted:

At the Sisters show now, opening act is getting ready to go on, the crowd is amazing.

Everything from old guys with Jerry Garcia shirts and dreadlocks down to their rear end to young kids who raided Hot Topic to a guy wearing what looks like a complete marching band conductor uniform. I’ve got my prized 1985 Royal Albert Hall Sisters shirt on with plenty of studded leather, and I look sedate.
Fuckin’ awesome.

gently caress yeah! How was it?

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

JnnyThndrs posted:

Fuckin’ awesome.

You look great!!! And your hair looks good, congrats!

Getting through chemo only makes us goth-er. :love:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
looks legit. 17 yr old me would be a-ok because you aren't the one old dude that ALWAYS shows up wearing the assless chaps and a ballgag for the entire show. so, thanks

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Philthy posted:

looks legit. 17 yr old me would be a-ok because you aren't the one old dude that ALWAYS shows up wearing the assless chaps and a ballgag for the entire show. so, thanks

You hate him when he's there but if he's not everyone is looking around for that guy's rear end like it just isn't the same without it

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

The show was great, they were much better than the last time I saw them in ‘96 or ‘97. Sound was excellent and the sellout crowd was really into it.

They’re always going to be a little cheesy because everything but the vocals and lead guitar is preprogrammed(and I have my doubts about some of the guitar), but Eldritch was pretty animated and I had floor tickets and was up by the front, so the energy level was way up there.

Like I mentioned before, it was nice to see such a varied crowd, everything from people my age or older in mom jeans and dadwear to people the same age in full punk/goth/industrial regalia to young people dressed in whatever and everybody seemed to have a great time. And I’m not into feet, but the footwear was amazing, the platforms and boots were neat as hell.

Not goth, but tonight is KMFDM and I’m looking forward another awesome and varied crowd.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa

Heath posted:

You hate him when he's there but if he's not everyone is looking around for that guy's rear end like it just isn't the same without it

At The Castle in Tampa, there was always this guy called The Senator who would show up in an extremely professional looking suit and then change into a sheer nightie and a g-string. Weirded the poo poo out of the newbies but then he got cancer before the pandemic and doesn't come out anymore, and he is very missed :( :(

That Peter Pan guy, who was internet famous a million years ago, does show up from time to time though!

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Heath posted:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

JnnyThndrs posted:

Not goth, but...KMFDM....

Hey now, let's not say things we can't take back.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The most I ever damaged my ears was a KMFDM show. All low frequencies were just blown out for three days and it sounded like everyone had been sucking on helium.
:3 :3 :3

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I went to a death grips show the other day and there were a lot of types of white people including cat boys maid boys and general goths

Good show

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

JnnyThndrs posted:

Fuckin’ awesome.

You loving rule, dude. Hope you had a blast.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

JnnyThndrs posted:

Not goth, but tonight is KMFDM and I’m looking forward another awesome and varied crowd.

I was too tired from work so i didn't go. Did I miss a good show?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

peanut posted:

The most I ever damaged my ears was a KMFDM show. All low frequencies were just blown out for three days and it sounded like everyone had been sucking on helium.
:3 :3 :3

Yeah, the lows were pretty intense, it was a fun show though. They played mostly newer stuff, which I wasn’t very familiar with, but it’s still KMFDM, so it’s simple to rock out to it.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this video is so 90s goth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgQ9x1HKQCg

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

I sure do miss hot 90s goth girls.

Sisters of Mercy was pretty alright in Kansas City, MO last week. Wish they hadn't used so much pre-recorded tracks, but I still had a good time.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
Speaking of Sisters of Mercy, they re-released The Reptile House EP for record store day and it sounds great

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
dude

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Excellent lineup but the poster has all the graphic design energy of one of those "in this house" boards

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
ngl, i'd get that poster in "in this house" board format

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Seeing the Cure tonight and I'm loving stoked!

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Seeing the Cure tonight and I'm loving stoked!

Buddy… I saw them in 2016 and it was transcendent. They played for 3 hours, with tons of deep cuts. You’re gonna have an amazing time!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I had a loving awesome week a lil while back.

Tuesday was Sisters of Mercy in Chicago. They, uh, sounded... yeah. It was cool to hang out with the goths and I get to say I saw SoM
Thursday was The Cure in St. Paul and it was awesome.
Saturday was The Cure in Chicago and we had 10th row seats looking down on the side, we could see shoe laces, and guitar frets, and hair strands and nothing is going to ever top that. WE WERE SO CLOSE.

Got tickets to see The Cure for Riotfest in a few months now.

Waiting for the Skinny Puppy Chicago announcement.

2023 is gunna go down as a great year for concerts.

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
Vision Video guy calling out like 15 people I know personally https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtwiNYEg83m/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

PinkoBastard posted:

Buddy… I saw them in 2016 and it was transcendent. They played for 3 hours, with tons of deep cuts. You’re gonna have an amazing time!

Trip report, it was loving sick. This was my 4th time seeing them. I saw them first on the Trilogy tour at the Beacon theater, and I saw them two nights in a row when they were at MSG in 2016. Last night was amazing. It's amazing how good they still sound. Just a stellar performance.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Do any goths know where a large man like me can get some sick rear end goth clothes.

I'm waiting for foxblood to carry men's clothes but all they have are dresses and rompers! As much as my wife would like me to wear her dresses I wanna wear a shirt. Summer goth vibes

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
How large? What kind of goth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I like to say I gravitate towards beach goth 😎 love floral patterns and reds.
Wife is all black all da time. Just wanna contrast her look with a mix of my look (socal boi)

6'2" 265lb

usually wear xl or 2xl depending on how small things run.