Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I saw an honest to god full goth man at the grocery store smoking clove cigarettes in a leather duster.

Im just tickled at the idea of goths gathering at bastions of capitalism like shopping malls.

"The darkness shall come forth and engulf the orange julius"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

lt_kennedy posted:

YES. This is all extremely my poo poo. I was one of those goths who hung out at King George Square in Brisbane and smoked and drank coffee.

It was a chill hang cuz unlike my older friends back in the dinosaur time when it was easier to sneak into most places underaged - what we did because we were gross lil baby bats.

What up to the sweaty goths of the tropics.

Yeah the goth I spotted was at a Woolies in North Brizzy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nick Cave = Goth

Dio = Metal

Any ?s

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I had two cousins growing up who were full 90s Goths. I thought they were the loving coooolest. They had Ankh tattoos and wore black lipstick and stuff. They got me into Einsturzende Neubauten, NIN, Ministry, Skinny Puppy, Nick Cave, VNV Nation, etc.

I'm really glad I had them around because most of my friends in my early teens were private school jerks and have grown up to be adult jerks.

edit:

Not sure how/if VNV Nation really fits into the whole Goth aesthetic but I always kind of associated them. Its a cool project and brimming with super positive messages.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Metaline posted:

Thank you it was my teenage nickname (it’s a play on my first name) a guy named Naked Dave gave me, then it was shortened to Metal which baby goth me was super pumped about obviously.

OH poo poo you know Naked Dave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Metaline posted:

I knew A Naked Dave but probably not The Naked Dave you’re thinking about?

the world will never know.