Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Hello, for some reason there have been a million posts lately about how Nothing Matters and the world is gently caress, so this is a dedicated thread to explore your nihilism and fantasies about living under Donald Trump Jr., God Emperor of the United States in in Year 14 of the Trump calendar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

enough americans have died from coronavirus to fill 3 and a half NFL stadiums and people still refuse to wear masks and 47% of this country thinks its a hoax

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

For those of you not keeping up with the climate change thread, basically we get one of these every few days:

Something we didn't know was happening is happening, and it's bad.
Something we knew about is having a bigger impact than we thought it would, and it's bad.
Something we knew was going to happen in 20 years is actually happening today, and it's bad.

We are so far past hosed. Millions are going to be murdered at the borders of the global north by ecofacists.

i legitimately feel that we are on a sinking ship and the best thing we can do is rearrange the shattered wreckage around us to live as comfortably as possible (and improve material conditions for the highest number of people) before the ship finally sinks, killing us all, within the next 75 years.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

The Pussy Boss posted:

Are you posting this thread because people were disagreeing with you in some other thread? Perhaps it would be more effective to either engage with those people's arguments, or contact a mod if you think they are breaking some rule, rather than posting a containment thread that your posting enemies will not post in anyway? Just my 2 cents

i'm posting this thread because as the election comes closer people are having increasingly long meltdowns in other threads about how we are doomed and nothing matters, so i would rather those people channel their fear and ennui here than elsewhere.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

yep - we all know that climate change is probably going to make the world significantly worse in several decades, but we can still enjoy the time we have left and try to advocate (and hope for!) a better future. people in the early 20th century believed that were on an ever rising, inevitable march of progress, and that war was extinct, and they were horribly, painfully, shockingly wrong. I could be wrong too!

i still wake up and enjoy playing with my dog, have fulfilling relationships with my loved ones, and do my part to make the world a better place. i go to work, contribute to society and try to make things better.

'on the beach' is a very appropriate novel.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

also this is not the thread to talk about suicide. if you are considering suicide please seek professional help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

this thread lasted 30 minutes before talking about suicide so i'm gonna close it. good try everyone.