Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Oh man, I'm way more excited about this than the score reshuffle:

Allegedly that leaked on a PS blog site (translated from French) before they deleted it.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

EorayMel posted:

The one I want most of all is "Enemy Of The Physical Realm" where you must "Bang up 5 inanimate objects" by basically talking to random objects and picking the dialogue object where you scream and/or swear loudly before trying to kick it, usually resulting in damaging yourself, which can also lead to dealing enough damage you have a heart attack and it is game over.

This game has always sounded absolutely fantastic and I cannot wait until the PS4 version comes out.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr. Eldarion posted:

I just came to post that!

Looks like they're going to be weighting platinums even more heavily in the new scoring system. I'm interested in seeing the effects this has.

The gap will just get wider between us Dr E!

For serious though it's gonna be interesting to see how hard it is to climb levels as high as we are. Will finishing an entire game basically give you 2-3 levels or more?

And they said a level 12 would be around 200s.

A level 12 in the old system has 16,000 worth of trophy points. If you're around level 50 or higher you have well over 370,000. You'll get a major boost if you have plenty of platinums as well.

And some information about the old system:

Trophies are currently worth this much:

* Bronze: 15 points
* Silver: 30 points
* Gold: 90 points
* Platinum: 180 points

And it currently takes this many points to level up:

* Level 1 to level 2 takes 200 points
* Level 2 to level 3 takes 400 points
* Level 3 to level 4 takes 600 points
* Level 4 to level 5 takes 1,200 points
* Level 5 to level 6 takes 1,600 points
* Level 6 to level 12 takes 2,000 points per level
* Level 12 to level 26 takes 8,000 points per level
* Every level after level 26 takes 10,000 points per level

So once you hit level 26, you're looking at about 8 full games per level, not including DLC.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

The gap will just get wider between us Dr E!
:negative:

quote:

* Every level after level 26 takes 10,000 points per level

So once you hit level 26, you're looking at about 8 full games per level, not including DLC.

Oh interesting, I didn't realize it stopped increasing. I thought each additional level took more than the last. Guess you weren't as far away as I thought you were. :P

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Dr. Eldarion posted:

:negative:

Oh interesting, I didn't realize it stopped increasing. I thought each additional level took more than the last. Guess you weren't as far away as I thought you were. :P

Yeah there's no more diminishing returns but who knows how the curve will work under the new system. Maybe we will be closer in theory.

Even though we're like *checks notes* 5 levels apart that means 40 entire games worth of trophies in difference. Kinda crazy to think about sometimes. And if you average like 75% per game that's more like 50 games then. Assuming those are all games with full trophy lists/platinums.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

Even though we're like *checks notes* 5 levels apart that means 40 entire games worth of trophies in difference. Kinda crazy to think about sometimes. And if you average like 75% per game that's more like 50 games then. Assuming those are all games with full trophy lists/platinums.

assuming you made no progress that's like, what, half a year of quarantine gaming

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

assuming you made no progress that's like, what, half a year of quarantine gaming

Good luck getting me to not play video games for half a year!

I think once the new trophy levels update we should all post our new levels. Hopefully the psn profile website updates with the formula so we can get an idea of how fast progression is under the new system.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Post your new PS trophy level I’m 368

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

577. It's not even a gold rank but I'll be at gold in a year or so.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Here's data on the new system

All of the credit goes to /u/N_Johnston; I'm impressed he was able to work everything out so quickly. Here's the text in case anyone can't or doesn't want to click the link:

> Sony hasn't released the new trophy level formula or officially announced the new trophy point values, so I thought I'd start a thread with this information. None of this is official -- it's all reverse-engineered by looking at people's profiles.

> New trophy point values:

Bronze: 15
Silver: 30
Gold: 90
Platinum: 300

> The only difference above is that platinum trophies are now worth more (300 points instead of 180). The values of bronze, silver, and gold trophies did not change.

> New trophy level calculation:

> Once again, the trophy level calculation is not a smooth curve, but rather has cut-offs. Here is how it works:

Levels 1 - 99: 60 points (4 bronzes) per level up
Levels 100 - 199: 90 points (6 bronzes) per level up
Levels 200 - 299: 450 points (30 bronzes) per level up
Levels 300 - 399: 900 points (60 bronzes) per level up
Levels 400 - 499: 1350 points (90 bronzes) per level up
Levels 500 - 599: 1800 points (120 bronzes) per level up
Levels 600 - 699: 2250 points (150 bronzes) per level up
Levels 700 - 799: 2700 points (180 bronzes) per level up
Levels 800 - 899: 3150 points (210 bronzes) per level up
Levels 900 - 999: 3600 points (240 bronzes) per level up

> Platinuming a single game gets you to level 23 now. It takes a total of 1631340 points to reach level 999, which equals roughly 1200 full games platinumed.

It's worth noting that the level cap increased pretty significantly, almost doubling: current level 999 would have been around level 175 under the old system, if it didn't stop at 100. Based on various leaderboard sites, there should only be 100-150 non-hackers currently at max level.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I also did some fun math in the ps4 goon discord.

Getting to level 300 (the first silver) is 60,000 points.

But getting to level 600 (the first gold) is almost 8 times that, at 465,000 points.

Gold is definitely the big milestone for any serious trophy hunters. Anyone that's at silver plays a lot of games or actually has pretty good trophy progress. I'd imagine 90%, maybe even 99% of players will be bronze.

I don't think any goons are even gold under the new system. The closest will be Mr, Dr e, and Policenaut (Policenaut has to be pretty close at least, closer than me) and I'm sure we'll all reach that under ps5 Gen but who knows if we'll progress past the first gold tier which requires 225,000 points, which is equal to half our lifetime progress getting from 0-600 which was helped by that we did ps3, vita and ps4 generations (and with the help of a bit of ps5 maybe)

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

who knows if we'll progress past the first gold tier which requires 225,000 points, which is equal to half our lifetime progress getting from 0-600 which was helped by that we did ps3, vita and ps4 generations (and with the help of a bit of ps5 maybe)

Barring huge life changes, I don't think it's that unreasonable, though it'll definitely take a few years. At the beginning of this generation I was only at level 7, which may as well be nothing, so another 50-60% seems pretty doable.

Also, I wonder how many more trophies I would have if the progress tracking were in place on older consoles. I'm sure there have been quite a few where I saw that there was no way in-game to track how many widgets I found or whatever, and just didn't bother.

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 8, 2020

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Barring huge life changes, I don't think it's that unreasonable, though it'll definitely take a few years. At the beginning of this generation I was only at level 7, which may as well be nothing, so another 50-60% seems pretty doable.

Also, I wonder how many more trophies I would have if the progress tracking were in place on older consoles. I'm sure there have been quite a few where I saw that there was no way in-game to track how many widgets I found or whatever, and just didn't bother.

To be blunt the ps3 had pretty hard trophies in general too. Most online trophies weren't as fair (ah anyone remember how many required ranking in the leaderboard?) and almost every game had a difficulty related trophy that doesn't stack (so enjoy beating it on easy, normal, hard and ultra hard seperately)

And don't forget the ps3 had like... Almost two years without trophies? Plus given how much games ran worse on ps3 than Xbox 360 means you might be frustrated enough just trying to finish a game, nevermind going for all trophies.

But yeah our first goal is to break gold which will happen in a year or two and then see if second gold tier can be broken which could happen by the end of ps5 Gen.

I assume the reason to overhaul this system is to have more of a future proof level system that could carry on to ps6 and ps7. Anyone that's already past 900 today is gonna be comparing based on how many platinums they have.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

And don't forget the ps3 had like... Almost two years without trophies?
Yeah, I'm still mad I got nothing for Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles. At least with the latter I was able to plat the remaster.

I was almost exclusively 360 last gen, though, so most of the PS3 trophies I've gotten still fall within the dates since this gen started. Would be nice to have a cross-platform tracking service.

Edit: I wonder if https://metagamerscore.com/ is any good.
Edit2: not really
Edit3: maybe just a coincidence but I think syncing my trophies/achievements to it broke the site

Dr. Eldarion fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 8, 2020

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Yeah, I'm still mad I got nothing for Heavenly Sword and Valkyria Chronicles. At least with the latter I was able to plat the remaster.

I was almost exclusively 360 last gen, though, so most of the PS3 trophies I've gotten still fall within the dates since this gen started. Would be nice to have a cross-platform tracking service.

Edit: I wonder if https://metagamerscore.com/ is any good.
Edit2: not really
Edit3: maybe just a coincidence but I think syncing my trophies/achievements to it broke the site

Yeah mostly same. I absolutely would have an armored core 4/4A platinum if they had one. I only got my ps3 in 2010 and didn't really trophy hunt as much so I was level 13 basically when ps4 began. I have gone back and played ps3 stuff more since then of course.

Trophies are the only system I care about now. Part of it is getting that little special platinum for getting all the other trophies. And I like seeing an overall level go up (which we will see happen more often now!) while on xbox it just looks like a jumbled mess of numbers especially once you hit six digits.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm at 305. I like that my number is larger than before, I guess!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i am still level 14 which is odd because my friend's level has updated despite us both being in the same region. are they rolling it out in waves?

e: oops never mind, my level updated once i earned a single trophy

rox fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Oct 8, 2020

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Dr. Eldarion posted:

:D I used to be hugely active outside of Coupons, but then slowly retreated into it. I lurk all over the place though. Maybe this is me trying to be more active. :ohdear:

Your profile is impressive! My PSN stats pretty much start in 2012 as well, before that I was on the 360. I just hit 47, so in a pretty like-for-like comparison, you have me beat.

That Ikaruga one in particular seems imposing. Isn't that game notoriously difficult?

Look at this level 47 scrub. I'm level 495. :smug:

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

As of yesterday, I have gotten at least one trophy every single day for the past half of a year. (183-day streak, 1934 trophies)

Unfortunately, I've had to slow down recently due to some wrist issues, so I've mostly been "playing" games that play themselves, like clickers and visual novels on auto.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I love the kind of games where you can get 60-70% of the achievements just by playing the game. Had Nioh 2 cleared up to around 70% after finishing the story, so over the week I decided to just grind out the last parts to get the plat trophy. Gonna see if I can 100% the DLCs over the weekend.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

I picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey when it came out, played it for an hour, and put it down til a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something fairly mindless to plod away at while I was in the process of buying a house/moving. Without much extra effort, I got the platinum trophy for it at around 60 hours yesterday. I started the DLC, but I don't think I'll trophy hunt it. Legacy of the First Blade has been kind of awful and I'm also suffering from sheer burnout at this point.

Still happy about the platinum though. Stepping on every drat subsection of the map was the only truly tedious bit.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Several Goblins posted:

I picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey when it came out, played it for an hour, and put it down til a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something fairly mindless to plod away at while I was in the process of buying a house/moving. Without much extra effort, I got the platinum trophy for it at around 60 hours yesterday. I started the DLC, but I don't think I'll trophy hunt it. Legacy of the First Blade has been kind of awful and I'm also suffering from sheer burnout at this point.

Still happy about the platinum though. Stepping on every drat subsection of the map was the only truly tedious bit.

Yeah odyssey and origins are absolutely very fun platinums in terms of 'filling out lists' origins was annoying with the 100% locations and odyssey was annoying with the uncover the entire map. Wonder how Valhalla will do.

Sorry about that wrist Dr. E. I'll keep working on my trophies to keep giving you something to catch up to. I already have two platinums I have queued for after I finally achieve demons souls ps5 as my 200th. And spiderman/miles morale will help increase that some more.

Currently I'm working on Amensia collection(it's amazing how little people have played this game, but I think it was on ps+ and a lot of people wussed out basically. Only 18% of players get past the first hour in the game) and Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise and I'll start yakuza dead souls this weekend (trying to completely eliminate my ps3 backlog or at least reduce it massively before ps5 arrives)

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 23, 2020

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Archer666 posted:

I love the kind of games where you can get 60-70% of the achievements just by playing the game. Had Nioh 2 cleared up to around 70% after finishing the story, so over the week I decided to just grind out the last parts to get the plat trophy. Gonna see if I can 100% the DLCs over the weekend.

Yeah, story should be at least half of the total IMO. I was pissed when I played Disgaea 3 and there were zero story trophies.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Yeah, story should be at least half of the total IMO. I was pissed when I played Disgaea 3 and there were zero story trophies.

Anyone remember the original the last of us?

It's entirely possible to play the game on easy, FINISH THE ENTIRE GAME, and get one single bronze trophy. A 12-16 hour game.

That is one of the craziest AAA game trophy lists I've seen. You'd think the devs would at least do major story beats and track where the player drop-off rate is.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

YES, that's another one, I have a whopping three trophies in it. And I didn't really like it, so I didn't feel like playing it a ton more just to get trophies. :mad:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Ineffiable posted:

Currently I'm working on Amensia collection(it's amazing how little people have played this game, but I think it was on ps+ and a lot of people wussed out basically.

Hot take: the Amnesia games are bad and janky and not at all scary. I think you're projecting a bit when you say people "wussed out". There are many valid reasons not to play those games.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

...! posted:

Hot take: the Amnesia games are bad and janky and not at all scary. I think you're projecting a bit when you say people "wussed out". There are many valid reasons not to play those games.

Then they wussed out from janky gameplay obviously! It takes true gamer dedication to overcome that.

Cool take: Amnesia is still good and relevant in 2020 as one of the original 'defenseless and hide only tactic' horror games. If someone has very high expectations of a game, then that's on them for checking out because you don't get a gun.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

This might be fun to compare.

Xbox my story stats.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1324697168045838336

Here's mine:
https://www.trueachievements.com/my-xbox-story/792641

It's definitely a little glitchy and I think my fastest Xbox 360 completion is due to it being done offline and syncing later.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Just bumping this thread to let you guys know I achieved my 200th Playstation platinum and my 1st PS5 platinum with....

Demon's Souls.

(ps3 demon's souls was also my first platinum)

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Just bumping this thread to let you guys know I achieved my 200th Playstation platinum and my 1st PS5 platinum with....

Demon's Souls.

Congratulations! And nice symmetry. I started working on the same thing this afternoon. The Valley of Defilement convinced me to take a break though.

I've never gotten Plat on any Soulsborne game. I feel like it's time to change that.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Several Goblins posted:

Congratulations! And nice symmetry. I started working on the same thing this afternoon. The Valley of Defilement convinced me to take a break though.

I've never gotten Plat on any Soulsborne game. I feel like it's time to change that.

Just a fair warning I think demon's souls is still one of the hardest souls game platinums to do.

The original was grindy as all hell. This one is similar to it but does cut out the need to do max level weapons and collect all special weapons. One of the big problems with Demon's Souls imho is that NG+ is such a big increase in difficulty than NG, more so than any of the other souls games. And you will have to do it to get stuff for the trophies.

If you really really want to platinum a souls game I really recommend starting with Dark Souls 1 (remaster works too).

For extra symmetry, Sekiro was my 100th platinum. I've got a special connection with From Software.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Just a fair warning I think demon's souls is still one of the hardest souls game platinums to do.

The original was grindy as all hell. This one is similar to it but does cut out the need to do max level weapons and collect all special weapons. One of the big problems with Demon's Souls imho is that NG+ is such a big increase in difficulty than NG, more so than any of the other souls games. And you will have to do it to get stuff for the trophies.

If you really really want to platinum a souls game I really recommend starting with Dark Souls 1 (remaster works too).

For extra symmetry, Sekiro was my 100th platinum. I've got a special connection with From Software.

If the Valley of Defilement keeps treating me the way it is, I may take that advice and pop over to Dark Souls. I've needed an excuse to play it for the nth time anyway.

I love these games, but I'm definitely not the FromSoft whisperer that you've got going. Sekiro annihilated me.

Sidenote: I got the Astrobots Playroom platinum tonight. It's easy breezy (Plat in about 4 hours), but that game is just the most delightfully charming thing I've experienced in a long time. Mrs. Goblins watched all the way through and was gushing over all the little Playstation history Easter eggs.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008
I’ve been playing Crash Bandicoot 4 with my wife and that has got to be one of the hardest platinums I’ve ever seen that’s not tied to a hideous grind. I’m sure I could get all the gems but getting all of the N sane Relics AND the platinum relics is too much for me. Maybe if there were double the levels but they were half as long.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Ineffiable posted:

Demon's Souls.

Awesome, congrats! Nice to have a pattern. Hopefully PS6 will have another remaster for you to get.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I'm still mostly out of commission and it makes me sad because my huge PS5 is basically currently just a Netflix / YouTube machine.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

No matter if you guy/girl or whatever, Cheevos impress people. It's almost like saying 'Well, I got tons of Cheevos. There are tons of people online that are interested and respect me."

You might be thinking 'Oh that's complete BS, I personally don't care about Cheevos when dating'.
And yeah, you are probably telling the truth, but it's in your sub-concious. Sort of like how girls always like the bad guy, but never admit it.

Braggin about your Cheevos sometimes makes you look conceited, but that's a good thing. It like how celebraties look conceited because they're rolling VIP into clubs and you're stuck in line.

'Brewer' asks 'What happens if you're cheevo talking at a bar, club or party and someone says they have more cheevos that you?'
Well, hopefully they are just hating and are lying. First look up their score with your cellphone, make sure you have a page bookmarked where you can check. If you catch them in a lie, you look even better.
If they are telling the truth and have more Cheevos than you, leave. Nothing else you can do. Buy the person a drink and leave, unless you're willing to look 2nd best. If you brought a date, odds are she's going to be impressed with the higher gamer score and ditch you. Get out as soon as you can and go to some other party.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Awesome, congrats! Nice to have a pattern. Hopefully PS6 will have another remaster for you to get.

Thanks, I really have an impressive platinum history. Literally my first ten platinums ever (all on ps3) are as follows:

Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dead space 1
Dead space 2
Dead space 3
Mass effect 1
Mass effect 2
Mass effect 3

(also did all dlc trophies too)

I've been doing some easy games between big ones once I got to 100 because I don't have anything left to prove when you have platinums from sekiro and demon's souls and more.

My goal right now is to reach the coveted gold rank (trophy level 600+) and be the first goon to reach that spot.

I'll probably platinum the mass effect remaster (here's hoping it has 3 platinums?) and if there's a bloodborne or other from software remaster, I'll do those as well. Elden ring too.

The only way I may not platinum a from software game is if they have trophies tied to like 100+ online victories or something. Just would be too grindy.

Hope to see you back in the game soon Dr E, and I'll be waiting for you at the gold rank. My estimate is maybe only 5 goons will reach gold rank at least by the end of ps5 generation.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Total Warhammer 1 and 2 each involve completely factions and different parts of the world. If you own both games, you get to play on the Mortal Empires map, a huge campaign that involves every playable faction from both games. It’s played through the second game’s client.

While you still may want to play a campaign on the first game’s Old World rather than the gigantic Mortal Empires, the second game makes a bunch of changes that are pretty much all improvements to how the game works. As they’ve added new stuff to game 2, they’ve also given game 1 factions some pretty big overhauls that are generally also improvements. However, these improvements and overhauls are all in game 2.

However, each of these games have a boatload of achievements. So while Game 2 is pretty much better, game 1 is taking up a not-insignificant amount of space on my SSD for when I one day try to beat a Very Hard campaign with every faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Ineffiable posted:

My goal right now is to reach the coveted gold rank (trophy level 600+) and be the first goon to reach that spot.

Out of curiosity are there any people out there that already hit gold?