Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

Ineffiable posted:

That seems really short for Dd2, powerpyx.com pinned it at 70-100 hours, so did they massively overestimate?

At least with trip world, it's a somewhat official color version and it's fun to say 'I platted a game boy game'

It definitely wasn't that long. I just googled and the steam guide says 25-65. That seems much closer. You could possibly hit 25 if you did nothing but follow a trophy/achievement guide, which I didn't. I did plenty of questing/exploring unrelated to trophies.

Now, if I didn't have powerpyx/trueachievements/etc to look at for help, sure, it would've taken me much longer. I def would have failed/got stuck on the sphinx, for example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Platinum #652: Brotato

Not much to say about this, that hasn't already been said before. But finishing this off allows me to rotate in my next chill/in between big games-game which will be A Little to the Left

Down to four trophies left in The Quarry. Man it requires so many playthroughs and partial playthroughs.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Ineffiable posted:

Platinum #652: Brotato

Not much to say about this, that hasn't already been said before. But finishing this off allows me to rotate in my next chill/in between big games-game which will be A Little to the Left

Down to four trophies left in The Quarry. Man it requires so many playthroughs and partial playthroughs.

Be warned, unless they've fixed things, the "chill" of A Little To the Left includes some profoundly obtuse design and some achievements that require several months of periodic play for cycling "live" puzzles.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Discendo Vox posted:

Be warned, unless they've fixed things, the "chill" of A Little To the Left includes some profoundly obtuse design and some achievements that require several months of periodic play for cycling "live" puzzles.

Oh I'm aware, I usually get a little bit of gaming done in bed so I'll make sure I get my daily puzzle in.

And at this point, there's likely a guide for the obtuse ones on steam or something.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #653: Batsugun Saturn Tribute Boosted

Another Sega Saturn platinum down!

Going to swap Carrion into my rotation now. That should help fulfill the need for a small/short indie platinum that I can work on but by bit.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Ineffiable posted:

Platinum #653: Batsugun Saturn Tribute Boosted

Awesome! Can I view the trophy list somewhere? I'm wondering what you had to do for it.

A long time ago, I had a NA model Saturn, a legit copy of Batsugun (it was only $50 back then!), and a ST-Key with which to play it and other JP imports. Eventually, I also had a RGB setup which included a separate Amiga monitor I left on its side just for tate mode vert shmups. Of the 6 true verts I had for the system (Batsugun, DonPachi, Shienryu, Rayforce ["Galactic Attack"], Strikers 1945, and Game Tengoku), I'd say Batsugun was my favorite. It looked and played great on my setup. I wasn't all that good at it (or any shmup back then) so I never 1CCd it or anything.

Have you played the Saturn original? What's different about this port?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Ofecks posted:

Awesome! Can I view the trophy list somewhere? I'm wondering what you had to do for it.

Have you played the Saturn original? What's different about this port?

Here's the list

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/22327-batsugun-saturn-tribute-boosted

It's easy because the trick is The port has save states and rewind

I haven't played the original but I know of its legacy because I've played a lot of shmups (I have ikaruga on my profile)

I love collecting these arcade games, so it's always fun when they have a decent trophy list to go through.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Ineffiable posted:

It's easy because the trick is The port has save states and rewind

That's... kinda cheating! I'm surprised they allow it. Looks like neither the arcade or Saturn version have a RetroAchievements set.

The list doesn't seem to be very difficult. No 1CC or anything. It's been a long time since I played any version of this game, so I no longer have a reference point for the score numbers. Apparently 10 mil in special mode is 1/10 of the counterstop.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I love save states for old hard games. Many of them I cleared successfully in the past after tons of effort and I'd love to play them again and get the trophies but not necessarily do the crazy grind again.

Edit: or fast forward for RPGs <3 <3

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #654: Lil Gator Game

If you loved A Short Hike this is up your alley. You basically play as a Lil Gator having a legend of zelda-esque adventure.

It was about 3 hours for a full completion. No missables or anything just sit back and enjoy.

A small tip though: Focus on clearing the campaign, you'll get stuff that helps clear the rest of the game.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
It's not a plat or 100%, but I spent the weekend getting all the Comrades trophies in FFXV. And also recovering from a nasty flu I caught by going to an author reading last Thursday. That'll teach me to go out instead of staying in and playing video games.

I've tried several times in the past to "downgrade" FFXV to earlier versions but it was too tedious and annoying to do. Luckily, some kind soul has made a program that automates it. Here's the PSNP thread if anyone else is interested. Using that tool, and this GameFAQs guide, I was finally able to get all the Comrades trophies on the main FFXV list.

Took just under 20 hours, but I also let the game idle while I ate and took breaks since it was quicker than quitting and reloading all the time. And I wasn't sure if rest mode would screw anything up. I also kept my console offline the whole time so it didn't automatically update.

Anyway, feels good to get that done. I'll probably go for the 100% in the summer. I played through FFXV at release during the brief time I had an XBox One S so I've only played a little of the PS4 version. Never did any of the Episodes or tried the updated Chapter 13 or anything.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Plat Super Neptunia RPG! This one was pretty short, taking me maybe 17 or 18 hours? The fast forward button in combat probably shaved 5-10 off that total just by itself. There are a few missable things, but nothing too hard to keep track of. A little grinding is required, but it doesn't take too long since there's a secret room with a ton of high exp enemies.

The game itself is exactly what you'd expect from Neptunia - silly, lighthearted, not particularly deep in story or gameplay mechanics. Was a nice, brainless RPG time.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Hello thread, been a while. Took a break to try and get some poo poo done, but didn't get any poo poo done. Have at least stabilised my situation enough that taking some time to play a few videogames isn't harming (but certainly isn't helping) much.

First of all, I caught up on recent posts and I don't know if anyone else's Alphaplat score has changed, but I rechecked mine on PSNP and found I was at 67, not 66. IcePhoenix jumps up a spot on the leaderboard so that means it's time to post the chart.

Current Alphaplat Leaderboard:

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
ultrachrist - 76/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
ShakeZula - 58/130
Anti-Hero - 55/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130 (up one spot)
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

I saw a couple of new names in the thread, some potential players, so here's a reminder of the scoring for the trophy alphabet if you want to join in.

Using PSN Profiles stats:

Ultra rare <5% 5 points
Very rare 5% - 10% 4 points
Rare 10% - 20% 3 points
Uncommon 20% - 50% 2 points
Common 50% - 100% 1 point
No entry 0 points

Mostly I've been playing some XCOM 2 on Mac, which let me play the legacy story pack which sadly looks like it will never come to console. Then I moved back to PS5 and I've sunk about 50 hours into Helldivers 2. I'm only 3 trophies away from the plat, but I got screwed by the last update as now I need a whole extra tier of ship upgrade to get that particular trophy, and I was only 2 super rare samples away from having it ticked off. No problem though, will focus on that next ship upgrade to get it done before they expand the upgrade system any further. Other than that it's just the completing a level 6 mission without any deaths (will likely stealth solo that one) and to complete a blitz mission in under 6 mins.

I did get plat #120, which was The Testament of Sherlock Holmes. I loving love the Frogwares Holmes games, and I didn't even notice they had remastered the old PS3 game onto PS4 until I saw it there in the sales. Instabuy. Not as good as Crimes and Punishments (still my favourite) or Devil's Daughter, ToSH is set between those games despite coming out in 2012 long before them. Much more linear, the deduction boards are about finding the one correct solution and not the "you may get it wrong and send an innocent man to the gallows" version of the later games. Still worth it despite the very obviously clunky PS3 routes. Plus I just discovered they are Ukrainian devs and one of their ex-workers died on the frontlines a while back so wanted to send them a little cash.

I 100%ed both PS4 and PS5 versions of Celebrities Hacked, a game I bought because it was $0.14 in the sale. It's one of those draw lines to cut out pieces to expose the background games, and the backgrounds are all attractive (clothed) anime ladies. Bought it as a joke to see how bad a 14 cent anime booby lady game could be and the game had the nerve, the loving nerve, to have brilliant gameplay and a thumping soundtrack. The various enemies and obstacles blocking you from getting clean cuts of the background make it a surprisingly tough and rewarding challenge.

Other than that, currently I'm finally finishing up all I can do with Assassin's Creed IV, Black Flag. I've been playing this loving game off and on for over 8 years now. And it feels like 8 years, because the game just goes on and on and on. A lot of that is on me, because when presented with an open world map covered in icons, I must clean the map. So that meant lots of sailing up to random islets, swimming ashore, kicking open a chest for pennies, swimming back to the ship, then opening the map to plot a course to the next random beach. None of that is needed for the game, or for the trophies, but what was I supposed to do? NOT clean the map? Psshaw.

Anyway, yesterday I finally got the credits to roll on the game, having saved the back half of the story missions for last. Felt strangely underwhelmed by the game in the end, because 75% of the stuff at sea is awesome, and 75% of the stuff on land is bullshit. It managed to throw a ton of insta-fail eavesdrop and follow missions, and some goddamn stealth ship missions just to rub it in, when all I wanted to do was sail around and stab people, pirately. It fell from a 4/5 game to 3/5 and I struggle to remember much of the plot beyond every pirate betrays you and then you find new pirate friends who betray you.

I did most of the Freedom Cry DLC yesterday, finished for the day when an "optional" (not if you want the 100% sync trophy) mission to eavesdrop on some scientists failed for the 15th time. Going to spend this morning 100%ing that, then look at clean-up on the main game. Got a bunch of stuff to replay for 100% sync, and I suppose the blessing is that anything part completed doesn't need to be done again, so it's not too onerous. I have 3 more legendary ships to sink, and those are actually brilliant fun to fight against as even with a fully upgraded Jackdaw they are proper boss fights with their own unique gimmicks. More of that and less of the stealth gameplay nonsense would have been great.

Other than that, I should be able to get to within 3 trophies of the plat. Just the multiplayer stuff. I actually fired that up yesterday and found a session for the lab mode trophy instantly, which was nice. I'm at level 7 in the MP, and people say the grind to level 55 takes about 13 hours. Part of me is tempted to just grind solo wolfpacks while listening to music because I own (or have access to thanks to PS+) all the Assassin's Creed games other than AC1 (which never got trophies). Having AC4 be the only game in the series I don't plat on some platform would feel... well, it would annoy the hell out of me. You can see the kind of person I am as regards the map cleaning.

Even though the Assassin's Creed games are all too big, too long, and I need far too long to decompress between them before I'm ready for another, I still kind of want to sit down and properly start getting caught up on them. At the very least, now I'm this close to putting AC4 to bed, I want to go back and finish all the Ezio and Desmond games so it feels like that gaming chapter of my own life can be closed. I did 1000 GS AC1 just before the release of AC2, which I played to completion on both 360 and then later a replay on PS3. Accidentally did half a replay on PS4 because that was a golden game. I've played the first dozen hours of Brotherhood at least twice now, but always coming straight from AC2 and exhaustion hits at hour 45 of basically the same thing. Never even touched Revelations. Yet somehow I got caught up in the hype of AC3 coming out and bought a collector's edition on PS3 and played the opening (only) and got AC Liberation on Vita day one. Liberation being a buggy, horrible mess and a waste of an amazing story premise kinda put me off the series for ages. Until I got Black Flag in a sale early 2016 because it would be my first next gen (cross gen) Assassin's Creed.

This is another one of those games where the dates of the trophies earned gives me nostalgia pangs. Earned trophies for it in 5 different homes, across 4 consoles, in 2 countries, all on 1 save file. This is also why I feel I would quite like to get those multiplayer trophies, despite the big grind, because it can be done and this game, and that save file, have followed me through some... interesting times.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Parkingtigers posted:

I 100%ed both PS4 and PS5 versions of Celebrities Hacked, a game I bought because it was $0.14 in the sale. It's one of those draw lines to cut out pieces to expose the background games, and the backgrounds are all attractive (clothed) anime ladies. Bought it as a joke to see how bad a 14 cent anime booby lady game could be and the game had the nerve, the loving nerve, to have brilliant gameplay and a thumping soundtrack. The various enemies and obstacles blocking you from getting clean cuts of the background make it a surprisingly tough and rewarding challenge.

Hey I 100%'ed the PS4 versions of both Celebrities Hacked and Cuties Hacked. Haven't got around to the PS5 version yet. They remind me of those weird Qix knockoffs that I'd always see in truck stops where you were uncovering a racy anime photo. The ones in these games are much tamer by comparison lol.

I'll have to check my alphabet ranking. I must have a couple of rare ones in there somewhere.

Edit-

Okay, I think I did this right:

A- Anthem 5.49% - 4
B- Battlefield 1 6.56% - 4
C- Call of Duty Advanced Warfare 3.86% - 5
D- Dreams 1.74% - 5
E- Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising 56.73% - 1
F- Fire Pro Wrestling World 0.97% - 5
G- Grand Kingdom 0.94% - 5
H- Hotline Miami 9.89% - 4
I- Infamous: First Light 22.57% - 2
J- Jumping Flash! 55.27% - 1
K- Kingdom Hearts III 16.94% - 3
L- Lizard Lady vs The Cats: Platinum Edition 55.80% - 1
M- Metal Wolf Chaos XD 5.06% - 4
N- Necromunda: Hired Gun 10.10% - 3
O- Othercide 15.49% - 3
P- PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate 4.84% - 5
Q- Quake II 48.54% - 2
R- Rez Infinite 3.02% -5
S- Shadow Warrior 1.57% - 5
T- Titanfall 2 8.05% - 4
U- Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late 7.83% - 4
V- Valkyrie Elysium(PS5) 16.49% - 3
W- Wattam 18.13% - 3
X- n/a - 0
Y- Yakuza 4 3.62% - 5
Z- Zero Zero Zero Zero 85.16% - 1

If so, that would put me at 87 points total. My PSNP page is here to doublecheck. Should come up showing platinums in alphabetical order.

Now I have to see what games I can finish to get higher scores in E, J, L, X, and Z.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Apr 16, 2024

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Welcome back, Parkingtigers!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Don't forget to participate in the Playstation discord there's lots of trophy talk there too.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Paying2Lurk posted:

Hey I 100%'ed the PS4 versions of both Celebrities Hacked and Cuties Hacked. Haven't got around to the PS5 version yet. They remind me of those weird Qix knockoffs that I'd always see in truck stops where you were uncovering a racy anime photo. The ones in these games are much tamer by comparison lol.

I'll have to check my alphabet ranking. I must have a couple of rare ones in there somewhere.

Edit-

Okay, I think I did this right:

I was hoping you'd join in, as I saw the games you were posting upthread and you looked like a strong player. You've stormed onto the leaderboard in 4th place, snapping at the heels of InEffiable who inspired this little game (I'm just the record keeper). You also got the first letter Y game ultrarare, so I can update the thread metalist too. That's now only 8 points off maximum, which is a nice little bonus bit of fun.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130 NEW CONTENDER
ultrachrist - 76/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
Parkingtigers - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
ShakeZula - 58/130
Anti-Hero - 55/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

Metaplat Combined Best Games List (in ties, first game posted wins):

Axiom Verge 2 - 5
Battlefield 2042 - 5
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 5
Dead Space 3 - 5
Evil Within - 5
Furi - 5
Grand Theft Auto V - 5
Helldivers - 5
Immortals Feynx Rising - 3
Just Cause 2 - 5
Killzone: Shadowfall - 5
Lone Survivor - 5
Marvel vs Capcom 3 - 5
No Man's Sky - 4
Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - 5
Path of Exile - 5
Quake (PS5) - 5
Rez Infinite - 5
Star Wars Battlefront 2 - 5
Tricky Towers - 5
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3) - 4
Valkyria Chronicles - 4
World War Z - 5
Xing: The Land Beyond - 2
Yakuza 4 - 5
Zanki Zero: Last Beginning - 5

Alphaplat Thread Metascore: 122/130

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

We're actually a point higher! I did Xenon Racer which should be 3 points.

Edit: come on, someone here has to have done a high value XCOM game, right?

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I have XCOM Enemy Within on PS3, but lord I am bad at it. The base building specifically. I'm fine at the actual tactical battle stuff, but being bad at the base part means eventually you fall behind tech-wise, and even good positioning doesn't matter because you just get overpowered.

I do have the one multiplayer trophy in it though, so getting the plat is theoretically possible. Might just hook the PS3 back up and give it a shot soon-ish. Guess it's better than buying Xump Jump for a point.

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I don't see a multiplayer trophy for Enemy Within - do you mean Enemy Unknown?

I thought I had the multiplayer trophy for EU but it wasn't showing up. I swore I even wrote a guide for it on TT, Turns out I got it on the 360 and wrote the guide on TA. Long time ago!

Enemy Within seems pretty doable, but will only get us 4 points :negative:

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Er, yeah. Enemy Unknown. The one with a 0.92% platinum on PSNP.

I'll probably bust out the PS3 this week and hook it back up so if you want to grab the mp trophy let me know. It's super quick. We join a match and I can just resign on turn 1 and you'll get it.

But uh...you knew that since you wrote a guide for it. Anyway, offer is there whenever you want!

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Probably won't go for the EU plat, that one seems a bit too torturous for me. :)

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Paying2Lurk posted:

I have XCOM Enemy Within on PS3, but lord I am bad at it. The base building specifically. I'm fine at the actual tactical battle stuff, but being bad at the base part means eventually you fall behind tech-wise, and even good positioning doesn't matter because you just get overpowered.

I do have the one multiplayer trophy in it though, so getting the plat is theoretically possible. Might just hook the PS3 back up and give it a shot soon-ish. Guess it's better than buying Xump Jump for a point.

I've been playing and failing at XCOMs for over a decade. I'm 3 trophies away from platting Enemy Unknown, which with no TV at the moment I can't hook up my PS3 for another try. Hence why I rebought it on Vita, because nothing like having 4 separate unobtained XCOM plats.

Despite all the videos claiming Impossible difficulty is "easy with experience" no it isn't. There's a reason all my rarest trophies are from various XCOMs and Rocksmith.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Oh, Rocksmith. I'll get that plat eventually, too. I had a really nice Gibson SG, but I sold it during the pandemic for money. Now I'm stuck with some cheap guitar that constantly goes out of tune so it's too frustrating to play Rocksmith with. Also had an amazing Fender Jazz bass that I owned for like 20 years that was awesome to use in the jam session mode. I'll buy another one...eventually :sigh:

Anyway, I'm on the final boss of Crystal Ortha, a very run of the mill Kemco RPG that I've mostly enjoyed, but it's 5 levels higher than anything else in the game so I have to go back and do a little grinding to get the plat. Was hoping to finish it before starting boring work stuff today, but alas.

But my main reason for posting is to put the call out for help with any of these trophies:
  • Tribes of Midgard(PS4) - revive one ally
  • Meet Your Maker(PS4) - Activate your base with a co-op partner
  • Fallout 76 - Join 20 teams, kill 20 players, revive 20 players, I guess all of the various mp trophies really

I'll ask in the Discord too, but if anybody wants to co-op it up and trade off on doing these trophies hit me up. Tribes and Maker should be quick, and I guess I should just go to the Fallout thread and see if anybody's still active on PS4 there.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #655: Remnant 2

Another souls like platinum for the collection, this was done in only six days and two hours with some generous help from FireWorksWell (also known as buster on the discord) across 30 hours of gameplay.

Now I can start on the ff16 dlc this weekend do the second remnant 2 dlc next Tuesday and be ready in time for Stellar Blade.

It's all aligning just right!

I'd also like to mention this completed a hat trick/trilogy platinum set of:

Chronos: Before the Ashes
Remnant: From the Ashes
Remnant 2

All games set in the same universe.

Ineffiable fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Apr 19, 2024

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Platinum #376, 25th game done in 2024 - Crystal Ortha

It's a budget JRPG from the Kemco factory, but I enjoyed my time with it. Cute story, decent battle system, and one unique twist of not having any items or money. You get new equipment by finding ores out in the world, and you heal after every fight so potions aren't a thing. You also get some skills and build up your characters that way, too. Like one shiny spot could be a new skill, or it could be a +3% defense gem. Each party member has 5 skill slots so once you get into the 10+ range you have some decent variety.

Your healing options improve once you have your full party. Which is needed for the later boss fights. They kicked my butt a couple of times so I'd have to reload and go gain a couple of levels. It would be easy to see that as a cynical way to push you towards getting the extra DLC, but it's not necessary. Out of the 12 hours total that I played, maybe an hour...hour and a half tops, were spent just grinding. Otherwise, going for every shiny and treasure chest in every location will net you plenty of xp.

I could have cut that time down even more because the game gives you +XP equipment. I never used it though because I thought it applied only to the party member wearing it, but no, it's for the whole party. So by the end I had a +50% ring, and +30% and +15% shields. I would have worn them the whole time if I'd known. Oh well, I still have the PS5 version to play through at some point. Hope I remember!

All in all, a pleasant little hit of nostalgia that wouldn't be worth full price, but at $7 I'm happy with it.

Ineffiable posted:

<snip>

I'd also like to mention this completed a hat trick/trilogy platinum set of:

Chronos: Before the Ashes
Remnant: From the Ashes
Remnant 2

All games set in the same universe.

I still need to get to Remnant 1, and 2 is taunting me by being on sale when I can't really splurge. :argh:

How was Chronos? I always meant to get around to it when it was on PS Plus but never did. Might grab it cheap in a sale if it's not a total trash fire.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Chronos is really interesting if you approach it with an interest in the remnant universe. Remnant 1 and 2 are direct sequels to it and there are enemies and levels and such reused (I even saw a Chronos boss reused and updated for remnant 2)

It's not super great of a game but it had some neat ideas like the more you die the more permanent buffs you learn (thought you need to beat the game only dying twice for a trophy)

It's also mercifully short, I think doing a near 100% run and the hard mode run all together took less than 24 hours.

Also Chronos is the more souls like of the trilogy, there's no guns. You do melee combat, with lock on and everything.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Ineffiable posted:

It's also mercifully short, I think doing a near 100% run and the hard mode run all together took less than 24 hours.

Also Chronos is the more souls like of the trilogy, there's no guns. You do melee combat, with lock on and everything.

Sounds pretty neat! I'll keep an eye on it with Deku Deals.

Thinking about those alphaplats, and how to bump my 0 and 1 point letters up to 5. Could be a fun summer project. So far I'm considering:
  • E - Enter the Gungeon. I would have to get much better at the game, but theoretically possible.
  • I - Injustice or Injustice 2. Might be able to boost some of the online between PS4 and 5? Thought about Ikaruga, but the co-op trophies are a no go.
  • J - Just Cause 2. I'm playing JC4 for a PSNP thing soon, but 2 is worth the full 5 so I'd tackle it after.
  • L - Lone Survivor. Would be the "easiest," but I remember it being pretty annoying to play.
  • X - XCOM Enemy Unknown. Lowest chance of success, but I'm willing to try again.
  • Z - Zombi. Played it on WiiU, barely remember anything about it.

Probably wouldn't start any of them until June, but we'll see.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Dude you're not gonna be able to do ikaruga even without the coop trophies. I have 100+ hours of gameplay in it going from the GameCube, dreamcast and Xbox 360 versions and I can't even s/a rank every level, much less s++.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
Aw, I used to be able to 1CC the Dreamcast version. I'm sure I could still do okay despite having worse eyes, hands, and reflexes 20 years later.

:sigh:

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Paying2Lurk posted:

Aw, I used to be able to 1CC the Dreamcast version. I'm sure I could still do okay despite having worse eyes, hands, and reflexes 20 years later.

:sigh:

Yeah you can probably pull off 1cc but s++ takes even more effort and practice. You have to be near perfect on full level combos

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Just had an interesting experience with The Light Brigade, where I tried to start a game, saw a message that the first level failed to generate, then the second, then the third (and final), then I got the trophy for beating the game, beating the game without missing a shot, and beating the game with 100% headshots. Which were definitely the two trophies that were going to stop me from getting a plat. Convenient?

Edit: looks like this is a bug with the latest update. So if you want a couple trophies in the game that you couldn't get before, seems like now's your chance

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 20, 2024

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh yeah platinumed Dragons Dogma 2. Absolutely wild post game. Trophy wise, I'm absolutely hating myself since I had thought I had lost the thief scrolls that give you master abilities and locked myself out of the plat. Couldn't find them, not in a shop meant for lost items, even on NG+ the NPCs weren't giving them to me. And they just weren't in my valuables storage.

What's that?

They're in the Implements storage where they've been sitting this whole time, right next to the flowers I was going to pull out to try to gift in desperation?

Ugh.

What really bugs me is that I like getting the platinum after, like, finishing the game, after climactic events. Dumb but whatever. So losing that opportunity to get it as the credits rolled and instead getting it in a menu somewhere felt not as good. But still, platinum, after the requirements in the first Dragons Dogma I didn't think I'd be able to get it in this one, thankfully there's no absurd 'Complete Every Quest'-style requirement.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Platinum #656: The Quarry

I played this game much longer than anyone should have but I persisted and got it in the end. One playthrough took like 8-10 hours but it took 42 hours total to plat the game. I think first playthrough got half the trophies, another playthrough and partial got another 30%. I had to do like two partial playthroughs at almost 10 hours total for the last 5%.

Talk about diminishing returns!

Starting up Dave the Diver!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Figured I'd update my alphaplat since I've made some positive strides, including adding RDR2 as my R and finally getting something for B.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - 3
Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden - 3
Cyberpunk 2077 - 3
Disco Elysium - 5
Eternights - 3
Final Fantasy 15 - 2
Gotham Knights - 2
Hardspace: Shipbreaker - 3
Immortals Fenyx Rising - 2
Jett: The Far Shore - 4
Kentucky Route Zero - 2
Last of Us Pt 2 - 2
Mass Effect - 2
Night in the Woods - 3
Outer Wilds - 3
Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire - 5
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 5
Saints Row IV - 3
Talos Principle - 3
Until Dawn - 3
Vampire: The Masquerade Swansong - 4
Witcher 3 - 3

For a total of 68. I think last time my numbers were slightly off, but that's my best approximation.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

ShakeZula posted:

Figured I'd update my alphaplat since I've made some positive strides, including adding RDR2 as my R and finally getting something for B.

For a total of 68. I think last time my numbers were slightly off, but that's my best approximation.

That takes you up two places on the leaderboard, and a point ahead of me now (boo!) so I'll have to play catch-up. Also of interest, the letter I on the Metaplat dropped a point as Immortals Fenyx Rising is now only a 2 point game.

Morpheus - 98/130
Dr. Eldarion - 96/130
InEffiable - 93/130
Paying2Lurk 87/130
ultrachrist - 76/130
Revitalised - 72/130
apohenium - 70/130
ShakeZula - 68/130 UP TWO PLACES
Parkingtigers - 67/130
GoutPatrol - 63/130
Anti-Hero - 55/130
Raspberry Bang - 50/130
IcePhoenix - 18/130
everwake - 14/130
The Postman - 12/130

In personal news, I'm only two trophies off the Black Flag plat, but it's the long grind to level 55 on the multiplayer. I'm going to space that out a lot because it's already been 8 years and a hundred years since I started playing.

I've also returned to pushing through the PS4 version of rear end Creed II, which is a trophy + nostalgia run. For someone who only has two AC plats so far, for AC2 on PS3 and Liberation on Vita, this is madness, but... nostalgia. I got a lot of the busywork trophies back in early 2019 when I accidentally played the first quarter of the game just to see how it held up, having bought the trilogy just for Brotherhood and Revelations. Lost that save file, but knowing I don't need to clean the map so much (just the feathers) makes going through just the story missions and minimal cleanup makes it fairly quick.

The real distraction for me at the moment is Fallout 76. I've always kind of slid off the Fallout games, despite wanting to love them. My mate adores them though, and I figured I'd load up FO76 so we could try it out together. And gang, despite being terrible at launch (and as a superfan he noped out of it very quickly) I can report that right now it is an INCREDIBLE game. Do not ask me why I'm writing this post at 5am. Do not ask.

He's not a trophy person at all, but he was willing to indulge me while I got 3 of the 4 trophies that require other players, including getting 20 kills which needs someone you know to turn off pacifist mode and let you kill them basically. Just got the 20 revives thing to do, which I can probably pick up by joining teams on harder events and stuff, but might boost that at some point. All the rest looks very doable by playing naturally, and all the DLC trophies can be earned as they were all free expansions to the base game, it's cosmetics that are locked behind the subscription paywall.

I've not has so much fun organically exploring an open world for ages. The fact that the key loot you can find is either story/lore content, or more importantly crafting plans to play pretty princess barbie dream cottage builder (post-apocalypse edition) means the dopamine hit from the gameplay loop has got me by the jaffas. So, so good. That you can build a base and then take it with you like a mobile home...

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.
I just re-downloaded FO76, and yeah, it's pretty fun. I still need those 20 kills / revives / team trophies so if you ever want to boost them let me know. I still need to finish the quest for launching a nuke, too but I always get distracted by other stuff.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER

Paying2Lurk posted:

I just re-downloaded FO76, and yeah, it's pretty fun. I still need those 20 kills / revives / team trophies so if you ever want to boost them let me know. I still need to finish the quest for launching a nuke, too but I always get distracted by other stuff.

The revives trophy is the annoying one as most of the time I got the 20 kills it didn't give an option to revive as I'd done too much damage. It's a bit finnicky. Best tip I'd seen online is fall damage, someone jumps off a lookout tower, gets revived, then goes up and jumps again. I'd be happy to help you boost these. I usually have my PSN set to show me offline but I'll show up on the ingame social tab. Add PSN: Hong_Kong_Hermit and if you see me in the wasteland just buzz me and we'll bang them out. I'm waiting for a new job to start so I'll probably be mostly just playing this game all this week until I finally reach the "I'm done" point.

I'm That Guy who doesn't like endgame in MMORPGs, I like the early hours at the start of the levelling process where every new part of the map is a delight to uncover. First 50 hours of any MMO is the best, and I refuse to hear otherwise. I just got distracted by the nuka-shine questline and that was a brilliantly fun and interesting little treasure hunt.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

Parkingtigers posted:

The revives trophy is the annoying one as most of the time I got the 20 kills it didn't give an option to revive as I'd done too much damage. It's a bit finnicky. Best tip I'd seen online is fall damage, someone jumps off a lookout tower, gets revived, then goes up and jumps again. I'd be happy to help you boost these.
snip

Sounds good. Friend request sent. My PSN is Static_Rook. I was going to write that in the request, but I forgot you can't do that any more. Weird feature to get rid of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

I had a dream last night that I platted a new Final Fantasy Tactics game. If only!