Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Cloks posted:

This turned out to be more of a grind at the end than anticipated and the poor difficulty scaling left a bitter taste in my mouth. It's not a great game but largely succeeds at bringing the heights of the Uncharted franchise to the Vita while burdening the game with showcasing the Vita's features. You'll twist, rub and shake your Vita to make Nathan Drake commit untold numbers of murders on nameless South Americans. Additionally, the quality of the writing is execrable and cheapens the characters by reducing them to shallow caricatures of their incarnations in previous games.

Anyway, I've largely enjoyed the Uncharted series and beaten them all on "Hard" to unlock "Crushing" mode, pretending that I'd go back and get the platinum. This is the first one I've done that in and it's put me off pursuing it in the other games for a while.

This is going to be stop one in my tour of what I consider the most notable Vita games, with Gravity Rush and Persona 4 coming up next.

Hello Vita friend. I have also been sitting on getting my last uncharted trophies because it will take just an hour or two of grinding out the last bounty trophies because this is loving stupid and I hate it, but will do it anyway rather than play a game I'm still having fun because goddamnit I'm so close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

apophenium posted:

But mainly I'm still working on PC Building Simulator, Hades, SnowRunner, and Cook Serve Delicious 3. And trying hard not to buy and start random other games, perhaps the hardest challenge.

I like looking at my PSN Profile page and seeing that my % completion is juuuust over 60, and I try to keep it above that. I've played so many games now that when I start a new one it usually just moves it down 1% or so. It kinda forces me to play my games through enough where I'm not just doing the intro and giving up. Even though I've got Monkey Ball, Spiderman, and the Shadow of the Colossus remake all pretty low right now.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have several games where I am just one trophy away from the plat, but it would usually involve playing the whole game again to do it. Ico has the trophy to beat the game in under 3 hours, and that is very difficult to do. I've watched a video on exactly how to do it, and their Yorda acts nice and mine wants to kill herself. I don't think I will ever get it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Wow I've just been playing that on my Vita, and I saw some of the conditions for the hardest trophies and went :yikes:

What's the longest anyone has gone from first trophy to platinum? It took me 2 years to finish Grim Fandango.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I remember for some regions (why only some regions, I don't know) at the end of a year you could have seen your play time.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/pla-station-wrap-up-ps4-ps5-stats-164729666.html

Why this is not like the Switch/XB1, I don't know. PS5 is supposed to have that built in.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ah, to finally slog through and do it. Hopefully I can take on Katamari Forever and get that done by the end of the year.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ineffiable posted:

I also got A Short Hike plat ready yesterday as well.

That was number 50 for me last week! What a fun game.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

apophenium posted:

Ugh, a hardmode playthrough of The Last of Us (PS3) only netted me 4 trophies... I may leave it there for the time being cause I didn't enjoy the game enough to wanna go through it again on an even higher difficulty.

So I'm just gonna move on to the sequel while it's still on PS Now. The plat for it seems infinitely less tedious so I may as well go for it.

Yeah you compare the Naughty Dog PS3 trophy lists with their PS4 output and it is night and day. I've got like...33%? And I could do one more playthrough on easy and follow a guide to get all the little collectibles...don't know if I have that in me.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Pretty sure the "spin the pieces 1,000,000" while not technically harder would take you more time. I've got 40-50 hours playoand only around 120,000.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

PSNProfiles made looking this stuff up very easy. I tried looking at my old Xbox account that I haven't used since 2012-ish, seemed impossible to sort by date on the Xbox website and I don't have the console anymore. I think it was Uno for that.

PS3: Bioshock Infinite (although I know I had an older shared account with my brother that has Super Stardust HD)
Vita: Welcome Park, if that doesn't count, Gravity Rush
PS4: Journey

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I had 1,642 trophies last year, which is more than I have ever had in any year before. Probably because pretty much stopped playing Magic the Gathering and put all of that Magic time into videogames. 22 Platinums, which is almost half of all my platinums since 2013.

I also have as a new year's resolution to not buy another new game because I hate my large backlog, and want to really go through and beat the games I may have barely touched over the past 10 years or so.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ineffiable posted:

Dr. E, I think on psnprofiles, your trophy completion rate is determined by the value of all your earned trophies versus the value of all your unearned trophies (but somehow not counting games that are at 0%). And that would include platinum trophies because they are part of the count.

I always thought in the setting where you can toggle (show 0% games) that this would be a factor in your competition percentage. I just flicked it on and off, no change - so I guess the hiding is just for your own...personal shame? I think I have 4-5 games that I just played for 5 minutes and stopped because I thought they were boring.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

This is what I get for letting that game idle for the "play 100 hours" trophy, ruining my other stats! :argh:

edit: it made me do the bad captcha 3 times for a phone but only 1 time when I switched to my desktop

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Yeah I posted my PS stats from last year, I had 112 hours of Panzer Dragoon Remake... and maybe 3 hours was actually playing the game and getting every other trophy.

Edit: Rez had an interesting way to get around it, I think it was get 100% on every main level, OR play 10 hours in game (so you can't just idle in menus.)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I am sitting here with a Vita, hitting the stick every 20 minutes or so so my little sackboy doesn't go to sleep in create mode. There is a trophy to be in create mode for 24 hours. I'm doing this for a game that half the trophies are locked because the servers shut down last year.

Sometimes I wonder why I do these things.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Anti-Hero posted:

One of us! One of us!

Doing this has basically soured all my previously positive memories of the LBP franchise. The vita servers for the game shut down last year so I've only played the single player levels. Why did I do this to myself. When I said I was doing every 20 minutes, turns out the time isn't counting anymore if the screen dims at all, so that means I gotta hit it every minute.

flick, flick, flick my lil vita stick

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 21, 2022

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Morpheus posted:

Lol that is gonna be like the same person 80 percent of the time.

While it's extremely unlikely, I hope there are some sort of retroactive rewards for stuff done by the time the program starts.

Wonder how this will work when some people *cough* have multiple accounts to buy games not available in their main region, so they'll be the only one who actually gets it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I have my main account where I play my games on, just to keep my entire trophy list together (TW) but I have a separate US PSN account to buy games that don't get released here (like Hades, Stanley Parable, The Walking Dead... many indie games and VR games don't make it.) So if they are giving out little awards for "first person in x region to plat a game" it would seem weird when that game could potentially never been officially released there yet someone already has the platinum for it.

Or you have the super trophy hunters who buy four versions of the same game for a dollar because they track separate trophy lists (US, EU, JP, AS, etc.) to boost their numbers.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Sayonara Wild Hearts was an excellent game, even if it is just a stylist temple run. The one life achievement took me a real long time for me to finally get, you need to get around to the wolves boss to get it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Platinum #70: AVICII Invector. It was free for me on the new PS Plus tier, and was much, much better than I was expecting. Even if you don't like Avicii (which I generally don't) the songs work with the game, which is just a Frequency/Amplitude combo.

My trophy completion percentage is 68.9 now. Just a few more to get that nice 69.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

:bisonyes:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MrMidnight posted:

Yeah same. Unless I REALLY like the game (all of the From games) then it's one play through only.

I have a weird rule where I have to get a minimum of 50% of every game I play. Even the ones that I just want to try and it ends up sucking. It's a strange OCD thing. I wish we could delete any games from the trophy list. poo poo, even just hide it would work for me.

The most painful game I had to do this for was Rock Band: Beatles edition.

Beatles RB and Rock Band 3 are very difficult platinums because they require you to either:

1. Have two friends who know how to harmonize
2. Buy all the pro guitar/drum/keyboard stuff

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Morpheus posted:

Lol what, lame. You'd think they could just track when the trophies entered the system, regardless of the console of origin.

I don't know if they can track the hour stuff on the Vita or PS3. I also think by the end of the decade they are going to try again to shut down PS3 and Vita servers, making trophy sync impossible.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Best reason to get Firewatch is the dynamic PS4 theme, which is probably the best out there. https://youtu.be/85VWT9myzkQ It changes color based off the time of day.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Update:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm playing Sphyon Filter 1 right now because I always wanted to play it when I was a kid... it has not aged well. Truly awful controls and gameplay. Compared to something like Ape Escape 1 with its unique Dualshock controls, I could get used to that much better. I wanted to try all three but after I'm done with the first I'm going to delete the other 2.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ineffiable posted:

Dropping off a new batch of platinums:

Platinum #480

Rez Infinite

This is by far my rarest platinum: not that hard, but quite tedious.

I think my next rarest are Disco Elysium and Night Trap.

edit: The Playroom VR was slightly rarer than Night Trap!

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 25, 2023

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Assassin's Creed Odyssey platinum done. 75 hours, all the extra feats DLC done as well. This was the first platinum I ever got for the series. Playing through that right after FFXV... I know many people are tired of the Ubisoft open world model, but this game felt stuffed with things to see and do compared to FFXV.

Was trying to get this done so now, with the first TV season of Last of Us done, I will play through 2 for the first time.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

everwake posted:

Just got the plat for Final Fantasy 1. Just need to knockout FF2-FF15 in the next ... two days.

(I know they're standalone games.)

Getting Setzer's good Joker's Death in FF6 can eat my rear end. No joke half of my playtime was grinding just for that. I don't know if this was just a placebo effect, but it was really hard for rare creatures to show up as well when I set the battle speed to very high. They showed up when I set it down to normal.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ofecks posted:

I feel nothing because I don't understand the ramifications. I've never used a Playstation account for anything.

The big thing is that the price jump is pretty big over what it originally started at for the new tiers just a year ago.

To me, never having game pass or something before, getting hundreds of games for 150 a year is still a good deal.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

A - Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (3)
B - Bloodborne (2)
C - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Rondo of Blood (3)
D - Disco Elysium (4)
E - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (3)
F - Final Fantasy XV (2)
G - Gravity Rush (3)
H - Hypnospace Outlaw (2)
I - I Am Dead (1)
J - Jak and Daxter (2)
K - Kentucky Route Zero (2)
L - Life is Strange (PS3) (2)
M - MLB The Show 20 (4)
N - Night Trap (4)
O - The Order 1886 (2)
P - The Playroom VR (4)
Q -
R - Rez Infinite (5)
S - Sayonara Wild Hearts (2)
T - Tearaway (Vita) (2)
U - Uncharted 4 (4)
V - Virginia (1)
W - What Remains of Edith Finch (1)
X -
Y - Yakuza 6 (3)
Z -

60/130

Wow I'm surprised I'm only missing 3 letters.

GoutPatrol fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 14, 2023

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

My Disco Elysium plat is also sitting at 5.01% as well. Somebody start playing that :argh:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ineffiable posted:

What is definitely insane is doing shovel ware games and doing all the regions so you have 6 stacks of one lovely shovelware game. It happens all the time on those profiles with 1,000+ platinums.

Those game companies know that though. They've figured out how to sell 99c shovelware six times to trophy whales.

Although now, I have three separate trophy lists for a game I've bought 3 times - Everybody's Golf. I originally bought a Japanese copy 10 years ago because that was the only physical copy available, then I saw there was an English language version on the PS Store a year later so I got that (Asia version), and now I bought a collection of Vita games from Europe so now I have the EU Vita version.

And I still can't get an Albatross in any of them :argh:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ineffiable posted:

Use the blue numbers. This should be going by trophy hunter stats which the website defaults to (so for example in real life armored core 5 is like 5.4% but on the website it's 15.06%

This is also a combo several different factors:

1. PSNProfiles itself I think having a smaller userbase over time, where you have a collection of more hardcore trophy hunters updating their profiles
2. Platinums themselves becoming easier over multiple generations (some of the early PS3 stuff was loving ridiculous and not in a fun way)
3. The current PS4/PS5 platinum splits where you could have some people getting platinum in one version and then auto-popping the other.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Slight points update!

Now that Disco Elysium has gone on PS+, the PS4 platinum has gone down below 5%, so I get another point!

And I've also completed a new W - The Wild at Heart. 12ish hour Pikmin-like.

My totals now:

A - Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (3)
B - Bloodborne (2)
C - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Rondo of Blood (3)
D - Disco Elysium (5)
E - Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (3)
F - Final Fantasy XV (2)
G - Gravity Rush (3)
H - Hypnospace Outlaw (2)
I - I Am Dead (1)
J - Jak and Daxter (2)
K - Kentucky Route Zero (2)
L - Life is Strange (PS3) (2)
M - MLB The Show 20 (4)
N - Night Trap (4)
O - The Order 1886 (2)
P - The Playroom VR (4)
Q -
R - Rez Infinite (5)
S - Sayonara Wild Hearts (2)
T - Tearaway (Vita) (2)
U - Uncharted 4 (4)
V - Virginia (1)
W - The Wild at Heart (2)
X -
Y - Yakuza 6 (3)
Z -

Total: 63, I think?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Morpheus posted:

Platinumed Spider Man 2, Homebody (well, 100%), and Pistol Whip recently, buncha good games. Homebody's an easy game to do everything in, and surprisingly so was Pistol Whip - I was surprised with how little breadth of coverage the trophies had; I think you could plat the whole game by playing just three songs, not even touching the campaigns. Dunno why but that kinda disappointed me, so I made sure to play through the campaigns and all the songs at least once while getting the plat, and I imagine I'll play the game later when I'm looking for a workout.

The trophy list was made for the original, base game. It had several free updates for alot of the stuff you're talking about. When I first played the game it was "choose a level, choose a difficulty, go."

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jazerus posted:

retroachievements as a platform has the advantage that the developers of the sets are not the developers of the games. the game itself can't be twisted to serve the achievements, the achievements can only be created around the game as it exists.

that's not to say that there aren't horrible achievements that change how you play for the worse on RA because there definitely are, but while some achievements are extremely challenging it's mostly in a good way. tedious grinds that don't make sense in the context of the game are fairly rare

With Sony putting up more of the classic PS1 catalogue up with Trophy support you could see more official versions of this, but everything so far has been very simplistic. Same thing with the FF Pixel Remaster lists - very formulaic. I have enjoyed going back and playing some games I never played before (Ape Escape was very cool, going back to Jet Moto again was great) so maybe we will see something better eventually.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I can really see my game time doing down alot in the past 3 months. Does Nintendo release a year in review for Switch as well?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Platinum 101: Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising. Which keeps my (unknown until I actually thought about it) streak of one platinum a month since May 2022 going.

New goal: have at least 1 platinum a month for 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dr. Eldarion posted:

(yes, yes it could - drat Iron Giant took a couple hours to show up ughhhhhh)

I think that added an extra 5 hours to my game waiting for that motherfucker.

I played through 1-3, 4 & 6 last year, sometime this year I should get to 5. I've still never played it.