Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CPL593H posted:

Holy poo poo, I never made this connection. This movie came out only a few months after the Rodney King beating too. What timing that was.

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1267479134780997633?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CPL593H posted:

I'm pretty embarrassed all of this got by me. But that rules. I always thought of it in the context of him taking the appearance of a cop because it puts him in a position of trust and authority and it makes it easier for him to infiltrate. Which of course still works perfectly in this context, or even better actually.

According to that thread the Rodney King incident is actually captured far in the background of the film but I have no clue if that's true.

Terminator 2 might be my favorite movie. A year or so back when they did the re-release in theatres I HAD to go. I was overjoyed being being able to finally see it on the big screen (was only 6 when the movie came out).

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ1ZsXhLeWQ

Strong men also cry. Strong men also...cry.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah when I first heard about the settlement years back I figured it was a closer analogue as in one soldier is sent back in time to stop another that was previously sent back. But it's not like that at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He WAS nude in The Terminator though. We'll always have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Was put in Dota during one of the seasonal events for the boss monster Roshan's death:

There's also a death animation for the playable Hero robot Clockwerk where he does the sinking thumbs up but I don't think it was even implemented in game.