Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Family took us to see this opening weekend in LA at the Cinerama Dome. Had to be my dad's idea since he was a huge action film buff.

I remember an interminable line that rounded the block and some vague excitement about it. I had seen The Terminator at my cousin's house on VHS and it was cool.

I have a lot of memories of 80s/90s movies. Like watching Robocop 2 at some theatre in downtown that let out into the cold night, or The Land Before Time showing at this grand old movie house with two levels and doing dumb kid poo poo like smushing ketchup packets... but for T2? It's remembering the long line, getting into this big sleek theatre, and sitting through the whole thing being amazed out of my mind and seeing COMPUTER GRAPHICS that were revolutionary. I fuckin cried at the end and my parents were both looking at me like "wtf is wrong with you, kid"

The color grading they did remains one of my favorite. That cool steel look in the mental facility?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Anyone ever think that T2 was his gently caress you to that whole controversy of him ripping off Harlan Ellison's Demon With A Glass Hand/Soldier?

Because T2 ended up being the more memorable film and all.