Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Like thats years, right, a life?

people are like dont have a kid

A Kid is birth to like 4 years

People live longer

Two people loving up make a life that has to live forever

Do I think people who have children are irresposible, yeah, I do.

You live in this world, and you are bringing new lives with 75 - 80 years ahead of them into this place.

and you are scared for your own loving future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Incel spotted

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31pQOiclaTo

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

that sundial from Gone With the Wind where it says “don’t waste time cuz time = life” or some poo poo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Who cares about the future the moment you die nothing else matters :thumbsup:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Well, your pappy used to have a life but people said BUT DO YOU GOT ENOUGH TIME, wheezing at me with their spittle. Nosy. Then I gave up my life and now I have no time to do what I want. And do you know why? That's right. It's because of *you*.

I never want to have to say that to a kid.

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

I. M. Gei posted:

that sundial from Gone With the Wind where it says “don’t waste time cuz time = life” or some poo poo

"Do not squander time, that is what life is made of."

Holy poo poo, I gotta have a kid to show them this

Oh, no, they are just doing what I did.

Really worth making a whole human life with a soul and feelings for, tho.

A shelter cat may have been easier.

A Grand Egg fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 10, 2020

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

A Grand Egg posted:

Oh, no, they are just doing what I did.

Unless you can somehow pay for their future outright...

And fix this world.

Dont get back to me

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

A Grand Egg posted:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

All of our souls actually start off happily in heaven and when we are born, we are ripped from paradise into these mortal bodies. This is why babies cry when they are born, hth OP

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
OP needs to get laid, fast

Alas,

A Grand Egg posted:

People live longer

You live in this world, and you are bringing new lives with 75 - 80 years ahead of them into this place.

These are his pick-up lines

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

All of our souls actually start off happily in heaven and when we are born, we are ripped from paradise into these mortal bodies. This is why babies cry when they are born, hth OP

What does it mean if you were laughing instead of crying? And a bunch of lights went out and then the doctor hanged himself a few days later?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
"there is no honorable bargain, trading the immaterial time for the material money.....anyways thats my poem please pay me i need more heroin"
-william s. burroughs

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
I got nothing to prove and I'm not wrong.

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020
Yeah I don't want to have a kid. It is hosed up enough that I have to live on this planet. I don't want to be responsible for introducing a life into this hosed up existence. But some people manage to have good lives and bring up kids who have good lives. More power to those of you who do.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

A Grand Egg posted:

People live longer

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha the future doesn't exist my dude. You are perpetually in the now.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

This is very dismissive of the hard work mad scientist put into creating life imo

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha the future doesn't exist my dude. You are perpetually in the now.

also i hate to be a downer but nobody's kids are going to get to be 80 at this point

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Noblesse Obliged posted:

This is very dismissive of the hard work mad scientist put into creating life imo

Is Yakub still alive? Let's go kick his rear end.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Children are one of the few things that can be made with unskilled labor.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
make a life is an odd way to refer to human reproduction

the only time I've seen the phrase "make a life" was that video of the german dude who was mad about daddy long legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsXyRVQN70U
oh it was Flula Borg :shobon:

also

A Grand Egg posted:

if you have a point you're not communicating it very well because to begin with this sentence doesn't mean anything

wait are you another rereg of that mentally ill guy who pops up every once in a while to make a dumb thread for a single argument about a topic you barely understand

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
Alan_ooX....?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

This is why we got fixed BEFORE having kids and now me and the mrs are just nuttin and bustin like fuckin wild she's probably going to town on half the planet on every business trip idgaf we respect each other and YOU too much to pollute this gay earth with whatever would come from us.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
*baby pops out of vag*

"muahahahah... it's alive!!!! it's alive!!!!!!"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*relaxing in the glow of an orgasm*
"You make baby?"
"lol no"
"ok lol"

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

This is why we got fixed BEFORE having kids and now me and the mrs are just nuttin and bustin like fuckin wild she's probably going to town on half the planet on every business trip idgaf we respect each other and YOU too much to pollute this gay earth with whatever would come from us.

As one of your wife's foreign correspondents, let me just say, thank you

OP, as for you, get a grip dude

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Star Me Kitten posted:

Yeah I don't want to have a kid. It is hosed up enough that I have to live on this planet. I don't want to be responsible for introducing a life into this hosed up existence.

The idea of deliberately getting pregnant in a time like this really bothers me -- not in a way that I'm going to actively take out on pregnant people or anything, just...in the back of my mind, it bugs me. We are just so beyond doomed on so many levels that I can't imagine purposely bringing a child into a world like this.

This is probably all much easier for me to say since I've never wanted children anyway.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I myself do want to have kids at some point, but then I thought to myself this morning, "what if they have diabetes?"

On the other hand, I'm a teacher in a state that treats its teachers well in terms of benefits, so I think things will be fine (unless insulin prices get way worse [they definitely will], or a diabetic kid ends up without health insurance in his/her 20s).

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hey if you pretend nothing is wrong, you can live out your whole life just ask your mom lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Let the KIDS!!! start working at 4!!!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah gotta go back to the hardworking protestant values of only 100 years ago

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

YeahTubaMike posted:

The idea of deliberately getting pregnant in a time like this really bothers me -- not in a way that I'm going to actively take out on pregnant people or anything, just...in the back of my mind, it bugs me. We are just so beyond doomed on so many levels that I can't imagine purposely bringing a child into a world like this.

This is probably all much easier for me to say since I've never wanted children anyway.

It probably helps to have a lot of money

Star Me Kitten
Aug 10, 2020

YeahTubaMike posted:

yes. my thoughts exactly.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I made one and I’m considering making another, and there’s nothing op can do to stop me

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I made a kid by peeing out my weiner eggs into my wife and then she squeezed him out. Like with her poop. It was gross.

He is two years old now and he is great and his capacity for joy is immense and I really like him most of the time.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sperm are alive I keep all mine in a mason jar

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Let the KIDS!!! start working at 4!!!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

YeahTubaMike posted:

I absolutely want kids but both my wife and I feel this way and have for like 5 years. It doesn't seem right or responsible. Most of my friends have kids, nothing against it, I just.... yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Thank you for not having kids, op. It means my bloodline is safe from whatever is going on with you.