Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Fire Dan Quinn today and I'll consider the Falcons' season a success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Gase and Patricia still have jobs

For now

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Patricia should be fired. Like, who is surprised?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hizawk posted:

I am. He is still in a position to be fired which is quite surprising.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

How long do you need to deliberate from being torched by one of the worst QBs in the league for the third year in a row before you realize maybe your defensive minded head coach should be fired?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hizawk posted:

How long do you need to deliberate from being torched by one of the worst QBs in the league for the third year in a row before you realize maybe your defensive minded head coach should be fired?

did he still have the pencil behind his ear yesterday

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The lions are gonna fire Patricia and then hire Josh McDaniels

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Its absolutely stunning watching Patricia make the same basic mistakes against Mitch Trubisky every single time the Lions play the Bears. He is incompetent and should be fired immediately.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fishing with the fam posted:

Its absolutely stunning watching Patricia make the same basic mistakes against Mitch Trubisky every single time the Lions play the Bears. He is incompetent and should be fired immediately.

It's kinda lovely seeing how football media is focused on Swift's drop when... well, *gestures at the rest of the Lions*

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
The rapist blaming his players for his inability to coach is very on brand.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Add Fangio to the list for failing to understand Clock Management 101

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Better Than You posted:

Add Fangio to the list for failing to understand Clock Management 101

Dont need to know how to manage the clock if you've got Patrick Mahomes so Fangio is fi--- oooooh

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

New head coaches went 1-4 for week 1.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

Patricia still being around actively makes me less invested in the Lions. He hasn't loving learned anything since his first season and I hate him so much.

gently caress everyone who says you have to give a coach multiple years.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Patricia still being around actively makes me less invested in the Lions. He hasn't loving learned anything since his first season and I hate him so much.

gently caress everyone who says you have to give a coach multiple years.

Ill always remember they fired a coach for the crime of going 36-28 over his tenure.

By the by you have to go back to 1967-1972 and Joe Schmidt to have another lions coach with a positive record

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just as a reminder, I'll be updating this list every 2 or 3 weeks, depending on my schedule and more information as the season goes on. For instance, the Broncos have enough talent to potentially overcome Fangio's brainfarts, but that's very much a "wait and see" situation.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Please put Patricia on flaming hot.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Benne posted:

Just as a reminder, I'll be updating this list every 2 or 3 weeks, depending on my schedule and more information as the season goes on. For instance, the Broncos have enough talent to potentially overcome Fangio's brainfarts, but that's very much a "wait and see" situation.
I nominated Fangio fresh off their loss (like literally minutes after the game ended) so it was more or less an emotional reaction on my part. He has since admitted to screwing up so I agree that it is "wait and see".

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Better Than You posted:

I nominated Fangio fresh off their loss (like literally minutes after the game ended) so it was more or less an emotional reaction on my part. He has since admitted to screwing up so I agree that it is "wait and see".

Oh did he? I missed this, good for him. Seems ridiculously rare that someone does this.

My favorite example is that Andy Reid playoff game with KC against New England where there's that picture of the team huddling at the Pats 10 with the clock running under two minutes down two scores. Andy later said he thought they did a great job and that was the plan. Whether he was covering for someone else, just trying to be positive, whatever...like just say you hosed up and will try to do better. #1 it's painfully obvious that was the case, #2 it's also super obvious you're not getting fired for it at this point of your career.

Now I've made myself kinda angry too early in the morning about this whole situation again (it was like a 7 minute scoring drive and you were never once in a hurry so you might have a chance to get the ball back without an onside kick....:argh:).

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hizawk posted:

Please put Patricia on flaming hot.

Patricia is definitely the coach most likely to get fired midseason.

We'll see how they do against the Packers. If they put up a worse performance than the Vikings did...

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Patricia is definitely the coach most likely to get fired midseason.

We'll see how they do against the Packers. If they put up a worse performance than the Vikings did...

We know how this goes.

The lions will be right in it until the refs hand GB the game in the last 5 minutes.

Same as it ever was.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I can't tell if Im more baffled that Patricia kept his job despite the losing or that he got hired in the first place

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Barudak posted:

I can't tell if Im more baffled that Patricia kept his job despite the losing or that he got hired in the first place

I'm never surprised when a Pats coordinator gets hired.

I'm always baffled when they hold on for 3 years longer than they should.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Even with the SB win I have to wonder if Pederson will be warm by the end of the season if they don't improve this year. Putting up an early lead and then collapsing has been a hallmark of this team in his tenure.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Quiet Feet posted:

Even with the SB win I have to wonder if Pederson will be warm by the end of the season if they don't improve this year. Putting up an early lead and then collapsing has been a hallmark of this team in his tenure.

while I thought the offensive gameplan on Sunday was absolute dogshit, idk how much of last year you can put on him due to all the injuries, and some of that has carried over to this year. they were on their third string RT

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The injuries give Pederson a pass for last year, and them continuing (Particularly offensive line) along with all the 2020 insanity probably gives him a pass for this season unless they utterly implode and go 3-13 or whatever.

Doug is under contract through 2022, so if this season ends up being a wash or whatever for any litany of reasons, it would definitely warm his seat a bit for next year no matter what, as we know how coaches and front offices feel about going into a potential lame duck year after that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Didn't a new member of the Ford family just take over the Lions?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fartknocker posted:

The injuries give Pederson a pass for last year, and them continuing (Particularly offensive line) along with all the 2020 insanity probably gives him a pass for this season unless they utterly implode and go 3-13 or whatever.

Doug is under contract through 2022, so if this season ends up being a wash or whatever for any litany of reasons, it would definitely warm his seat a bit for next year no matter what, as we know how coaches and front offices feel about going into a potential lame duck year after that.

He isn’t and won’t be warm unless the playcalling looks to be at fault. It doesn’t yet though perhaps you could say he didn’t adjust well to an obvious situation.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
how many more 9-7 seasons does it take before people accept that Pederson and Wentz are merely okay and not top 5

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think people are already there on Wentz and I'd be surprised if anyone really thinks he's in the top 5 discussion.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Wentz doesn't seem like a Bad quarterback to me but he definitely feels like the worst "good" QB

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Wentz is above the Dalton line but not great. The worst kind of above the line you can have, good enough to string you along with false hope but he'll never do anything and also keep getting injured

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Magicpants posted:

how many more 9-7 seasons does it take before people accept that Pederson and Wentz are merely okay and not top 5

Wentz has seemed to make no progression at all. He has the same inconsistent highs and lows this entire time, I think he hit his fine/decent cieling 2 or 3 years ago

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
&e is actually the second best qb of all time behind Joe Burrow.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doug rules, he's not going anywhere

If any Eagle is on the hot seat, it's Howie. His drafts have been dreadful

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/PFN365/status/1306740630769590274

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I haven't yet read the article but the wording here is weird.

"reached his limit?"

"struggle from here on out?"

doesn't seem like verbiage often used re: coaches

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Can't say I'm surprised

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

"some in the NFL", i.e., no one on the Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

that sounds like that shitbag mike lombardi