Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
negative ppr? that kind of owns

a friend of mine has been trying to get me to join his league where qb yards and tds score the same as rb/wr

haha no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
every owner gets to make or rescind a rule each season, and it was mine to nuke PPR to negative points after going from 1 to 1.25 to 1.5 over previous seasons. short dump pass receptions and negative yardage screen plays should be punished, not rewarded. Only the longest catches and flashiest plays matter. im sick of ppr. gently caress ppr.

other fun stuff besides the tackle point increase this year is the elimination of conferences, the super kicker bowl, and a covid-19 roster point bonus week to week.

punters are also super valuable. Tress Way in Washington's garbo offense was up there with Kenny Golladay and Ezekiel Elliot last season for his PTTB and PIN10 skills. there's also mega punt bonuses if a punter hits a punt longer than 70 yards, or a kicker from 60

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Sep 11, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So 10+ rules change every season? Is there voting or does anything go? Can you just make sacks worth 10 points?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

It was disappointing to see CEH get at least 7 goal line carries to try for a second TD and not make it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RCarr posted:

So 10+ rules change every season? Is there voting or does anything go? Can you just make sacks worth 10 points?

this is probably getting a little in depth for a GDT, but there is a vote on all previous years rules to keep or cut at the start of each season. if rules are kept for more than 1 season they become permanent and persist in the league charter year to year UNLESS an owner rescinds them as their rule change for that season. commish doesn't like massive point changes season to season for the sake of some sort of historical record that means something so "sacks are worth 10" would probably be vetoed. PPR going negative is a big change that I had to ply with some beers but it worked.

originally my rule was going to eliminate the HC position because I don't like its incentives (you receive points from your HC inverse to their margin of victory, so lovely coaches are at a premium) and was told no way in hell :saddowns:

quote:

Arrest Bonus +10

If a player on your roster is arrested, you get +10 the following week. Arrested player must have been on your roster at the time of the arrest, and must be on your roster the week after the arrest (on the bench is OK) in order to receive the +10 bonus.Team owners must alert the Commissioner that they have a player who qualifies and provide evidence of the arrest and time of arrest.

Missed Kick Bonus +6 or +15
2 missed kicks in one game earns a +6 bonus.3 missed kicks in a game earns a +15 point bonus. Missed kicks can be FGs or PATs.Team owners must alert the Commissioner that they have a player who qualifies.

Mega Kick Modifier+15FGs of 60+ yards and punts of 70+ yards earn a +15 bonus

Team owners must alert the Commissioner that they have a player who qualifies.

Clutch Kick Modifier +10 or -10
During the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter or during overtime, a FG that holds up as the game winner gets that kicker a +10 bonus, and a missed FG that would have held up as the game winner gets that kicker a -10 penalty. Team owners must alert the Commissioner that they have a player who qualifies.

Food Poisoning LOSS
If your D/ST allows 46+ points, you automatically lose that week's matchup. Only points allowed by the D/ST are counted toward the 46 point limit.Team owners must alert the Commissioner that their opponent qualifies.

Free Agent Tariffs N/A
Your first 32 free agent acquistions are free but each one after that costs $1, which goes into the league kitty.

Preferred Customer Rule N/A Each year you get 1 keeper. First-time keepers cost your draft pick for the round the player was drafted in (Perkins draft), and if they were undrafted in Perkins, they cost your draft pick for the round they were really drafted in (NFL draft) x2 (i.e. drafted 2nd round in NFL draft means you lose your 4th round pick). In the case of an undrafted HC or D/ST, the keeper costs your final pick in the draft. If you keep the same player more than once, it costs your first pick in the draft.

Don't Hide Like a Rat -10 -10 points for every blank roster spot or bye player starting for every week. Special weeks (Kicker Bowl, Super Kicker Bowl, and any Coach's Challenges) are exempt from this

Fired Coach Bonus+25

If a coach gets fired while they're on your roster, you get a one-time 25 point bonus.

Numbers Like We've Never Seen in the History of Our Country +30

If one of your starting players breaks a single-game NFL record, it's a 30 point bonus.These must be legit, significant records. Stupid records like "First WR to have his first 200-yard recieving game after his 50th career start" will not count. What constitutes a "stupid record" is at the Commissioner's discretion.

Covid-19 Bonus+5
If any player on your roster be tests positive for the virus, they earn you a 5 point bonus for the current week.You must provide proof of the positive test, and once I have confirmed the receipt of this proof, you are free to discard your virus riddled player immediately (i.e. you do not have to keep them on your roster to keep the 5 point bonus)

commish has discretion, generally unless the rule can be tracked easily with ESPN it has to be pretty good or amuse the commish.

one year we had a rule where every owner got to secret vote 1 player on each opposing roster to "choke at the buffet line" (our league is the Perkins Buffet) and each player receovong the most votes had to be dropped or accrue a -20 team penalty each week. that did not get kept due to tears, salt, sadness and crying.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 11, 2020

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
You’ve got a Calvinball league.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeah pretty much. its the most fun I've had in FF in years, though, regular FF seems boring and stale in comparison now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Well I am liking Josh Allen a lot so far

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Literally every Miami RB getting touches and it's better than I would have expected for half of them and yet still makes them all totally, equally useless :lol:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Anyone else have Josh Allen in Sleeper and his stats aren't being updated?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Was doing that for me earlier for Dante Parker. Might just have to close out and restart it.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Should have trusted John Brown :(

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Quiet Feet posted:

Was doing that for me earlier for Dante Parker. Might just have to close out and restart it.

Thanks, tried it and that didn't work. Not worried, just a weird bug.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Starting Marvin Jones was a mistake!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Starting Marvin Jones was a mistake!

This but also every other decision I made!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

This but also every other decision I made!

Same

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Glad I didn't start Boston Scott (so far)

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Haskins is the only reason McLaurin isn't already a superstar. Washington offense bad

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Keith Atherton posted:

Glad I didn't start Boston Scott (so far)

I started him but my other flex options are pretty much on the same level right now

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Bears D is certainly not helping me out :mad:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1305220472116637697

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ah, yes. Crowder over Golladay and Sutton carrying my team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I apologize for not saying Nyheim Hines enough in these here threads

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Hurting my soul that I have Adams in one league and playing against him in another league. Whole lot of "YES! NO! gently caress!" today.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spoeank posted:

I apologize for not saying Nyheim Hines enough in these here threads

someone's spending a lot of FAAB next week

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Congrats to those who drafted Taylor

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Chernabog posted:

Ah, yes. Crowder over Golladay and Sutton carrying my team.
:yeah: he's the one bright spot on the jets and my team atm

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Me: "poo poo both Sutton and Mike Evans are looking iffy, lets check my bench for a safe flex play like, oh hey, Mack!"

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
If anybody still needs a flex or a WR3, Kendrick Bourne should get some looks today
Aiyuk is inactive and Deebo is on IR.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
loving Peyton Barber. Really??

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

This is why I hate fantasy. Last year I draft Adams first, he was basically a bust. Aaron Jones got a million touchdowns. This year I take Jones in the second, man what a steal! And now Adams is killing it against me. gently caress this stupid game

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

So glad the only Lions RB I don't have is AP

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I started Hines today in dynasty, in a rebuild year

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Went from beating a team by 15 to down by 15, have not scored a point since the second half started. :iiam:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

loving Peyton Barber. Really??

pack it in gibsailures

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

So very glad I went Goedert over Gesicki

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Even getting hosed by garbage time now

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

on the bored wop posted:

So very glad I went Goedert over Gesicki

I made my team name a gesicki pun so i felt obliged to play him wk 1 instead of picking up goedert :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

I made my team name a gesicki pun so i felt obliged to play him wk 1 instead of picking up goedert :/

sirrrrrrrrrrr noooo