Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

This is the worst pizza in this thread.

This isn't pasta. It's Fandangos.

Actually, that's not even brand name, Pepsico Fandangos. It's the cheapest corn snack you can get, that people usually call styrofoam.
Not that I don't like some styrofoam every now and then, but this looks like the dryest, blandest pizza imaginable.

fake edit: Oh it's a parody account, phew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Are those Fandangos? Edit: Literally in the post above

This pizza outed all the brazilians itt

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
We're all Brazilians itt

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

as the mestre taught: those who live by the pizza, die by it. it could not have been any other way.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I get that the blade is just a big Final Fantasy calzone, but the part that you're supposed to hold is the one part that has toppings on it? It couldn't be any more of a failure in its conception or execution.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
what if the blade is just all plain dough with nothing in it

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Dokapon Findom posted:

I get that the blade is just a big Final Fantasy calzone, but the part that you're supposed to hold is the one part that has toppings on it? It couldn't be any more of a failure in its conception or execution.

You're supposed to eat it off a plate.

Like if you tried to hold it by the handle like an idiot, the handle would break.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

You don't know that, it could be stabilised in the center with a big piece of wood.

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Nettle Soup posted:

You don't know that, it could be stabilised in the center with a big piece of wood.

What is this, a pizza for termites?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Soul Dentist posted:

We're all Brazilians itt

The real Brazilian was the catupiry pizza we made along the way

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I mean, it's a Brazilian site so that could very well just be the latest pizza sensation in Sao Paulo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Desert Bus posted:

Tiny clams?

Edit: pasta lol i need new glasses.

No, small pastries.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Frozen pizzas have traditionally been poo poo in Finland, but I recently discovered a new brand who basically hand make pizzas which are then frozen and sold in a few stores around the county. Their pepperoni pizza is legit some of the best I've ever eaten. Pepperoni, pickled red onion and mozzarella.

It's a bit expensive at ~9€ a pizza, but considering lovely mass produced crap is 5-6€ a pop, I'm not complaining.

The outfit is called Pizza Backen, and like most good things, they come from Turku.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

^ City of Turku is widely regarded the rear end in a top hat of Finland (Suomen persreikä)

Light Gun Man posted:

what if the blade is just all plain dough with nothing in it

Yes, then it means that the blade has simply not yet tasted and consumed the enemy lifeline (toppings). We get that often at Pará Lanches.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Frozen pizzas have traditionally been poo poo in Finland, but I recently discovered a new brand who basically hand make pizzas which are then frozen and sold in a few stores around the county. Their pepperoni pizza is legit some of the best I've ever eaten. Pepperoni, pickled red onion and mozzarella.

It's a bit expensive at ~9€ a pizza, but considering lovely mass produced crap is 5-6€ a pop, I'm not complaining.

The outfit is called Pizza Backen, and like most good things, they come from Turku.

With the exception of hästburger then. Went there a few weeks ago and terrible in addition to holy shitass expensive.

Gotta say though not gonna pay 9€ for a frozen pizza. I'll keep going for doktor äckel then.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Is a hawiian pizza a two-topping pizza? If a pizza place sells two-topping pizzas for X dollars but charges X+1.50 for a "hawaiian" and you order a two-topping ham and pineapple, should your order be upcharged? What if the "hawaiian" has extra cheese and toppings and they change the two-topping request into the premium pie?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dokapon Findom posted:

It's making me so mad

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Soul Dentist posted:

We're all Brazilians itt

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_scqfhr1LQV1rr7xss.mp4

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

500excf type r posted:

Is a hawiian pizza a two-topping pizza? If a pizza place sells two-topping pizzas for X dollars but charges X+1.50 for a "hawaiian" and you order a two-topping ham and pineapple, should your order be upcharged? What if the "hawaiian" has extra cheese and toppings and they change the two-topping request into the premium pie?
It's like ordering a "Cape Codder" instead of a "vodka and cranberry"

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I think browning one side and flipping onto a non-hot pan and then finish cooking more like a regular pizza after adding the toppings would give a better result and avoid the butane step

Need to figure out something with the crust though. Probably have some extra mix to put around the browned edge

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Justin Credible posted:

I think browning one side and flipping onto a non-hot pan and then finish cooking more like a regular pizza after adding the toppings would give a better result and avoid the butane step

Need to figure out something with the crust though. Probably have some extra mix to put around the browned edge

I would pay that person to prepare and serve me his cabbage'za.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Maybe a touch more to bind it, but really it doesn't look awful and probably is good. Not sure if it's really a pizza, don't care.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Maybe if you added some flour to the cabbage it'd fuse into a stiffer crust that could hold together more. As is you might would probably be better off eating it with a spoon.

I think internet people making food more for the theater than the final product probably overuse blowtorches. They're very exciting to see but just leave it in the oven longer.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I made a couple cauliflower crust pizzas and I think the cabbage crust pizza sounds better. I am having a hosed up week and I might try to make this. I have cabbage and spam. I am halfway there.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's an okonomiyaki

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

SlothfulCobra posted:

Maybe if you added some flour to the cabbage it'd fuse into a stiffer crust that could hold together more. As is you might would probably be better off eating it with a spoon.

I think internet people making food more for the theater than the final product probably overuse blowtorches. They're very exciting to see but just leave it in the oven longer.

i make a cabbage fritter thing like that and yeah, maybe a couple tbsp of flour and another egg would make that pretty solid. shredded carrots and onions are also good.
the torch is something commonly used in japanese cooking, though. but as you say it is probably unnecessary here. i think using butane is pretty gross in general as it usually leaves some of the fake butane safety detection smell on the food but they'll just blast a bowl of ramen or steak cut up into little pieces like you're a baby with those things
having said that, the cabbage pizza looks good

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

His Divine Shadow posted:

Gotta say though not gonna pay 9€ for a frozen pizza. I'll keep going for doktor äckel then.

Yeah it's definitely not an everyday thing, but on the rare occasions I eat pizza, might as well pay a few euros more to get something really good.

But then again, I normally eat Dr Oetker's Casa di Mama pepperoni pizzas so vOv

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SlothfulCobra posted:

Just for argument's sake, would avoiding using flour not potentially be the point of the cabbage crust pizza? (Allergies, etc)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Please get an utensil other than a potato peeler

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'd put it under the broiler at the end.

Truthfully, I love the guy's videos. I make okonomiyaki every so often and that cabbage peeler tool is awesome. https://www.instagram.com/don__cabbage/

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

My issue is with that pizza is there's almost no seasoning, and just putting raw tomato paste is hosed. Where's the basil or oregano? Parmesan? Garlic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spechtie
Feb 24, 2024