Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

There is more, an expectation vs. reality meme. Isn't it true of all fast food?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

von Braun posted:

swedish pizza is great you just have zero taste

I had swedish food once. It was chicken, peanuts and bananas in spicy ketchup and cream sauce and it made me want to die.

This has nothing to do with pizza, I just wanted to share :shobon:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Valko posted:

I think we found a winner.

It manages to be both incredibly sad (the lack of color, the huge swathes of bare crust, the arrangement of the ingredients looked like they were angrily tossed there by an employee crying as they found out their spouse was leaving them) and incredibly gross (is that pus? It looks like pus).

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Valko posted:

There is more, an expectation vs. reality meme. Isn't it true of all fast food?

Is there a name for a guilty pleasure minus the pleasure part? The Pizza of Penitence.

WeaklyInteracting
Nov 15, 2011

baw posted:

in italy the pizza with french fries is called pizza americana

Only if the fries are of the freedom kind

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

The last thread is what gave us the Mestre da pizza and for that we will forever be thankful to the original thread op, bless his permabanned soul

The internet needed that video to get through during the struggles of 2016

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

For content here is another classic from that thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biIKpegx7h4

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Wow, stargazy pizza

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Not as nearly as atrocious as some of the things in this thread. But this is from a Canadian place I drove past once called Bourbon Street Pizza. You know. Bourbon street. Famous for its pizza and definitely not a specific selection of other badass foods.

Just looks bad. That crust is wild.

"Cheesesteak pizza"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Theres always that one night when you're on vacation in a new town and you decide to to order pizza and its usually horrible.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Fartington Butts posted:

Not as nearly as atrocious as some of the things in this thread. But this is from a Canadian place I drove past once called Bourbon Street Pizza. You know. Bourbon street. Famous for its pizza and definitely not a specific selection of other badass foods.

Just looks bad. That crust is wild.

"Cheesesteak pizza"

im not saying those are good pizzas but i dont think you get this thread

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Would eat both of those pizzas

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Telepizza is like a bottom of the barrel pizza chain in Spain. I guess sorta like Little Cesar's but not square. I've never had it but usually it looks like you get what you pay for.

They do have some "special" recipes though.

Telepizza - Comida a domicilio
https://maps.app.goo.gl/65McseK1rswKTjqx8

I'm not really sure what the goal was here.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
In Eugene, Oregon there is a pizza place that makes perfectly fine pizza, however they cover them in cold, raw tomatoes unless you specifically ask them not to:

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

other people posted:

im not saying those are good pizzas but i dont think you get this thread

they sure look good to me

other people posted:

I'm not really sure what the goal was here.

this too just lazy chip placement making it look unappealing

is that whole inner ring edible?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Extra Large Marge posted:

In Eugene, Oregon there is a pizza place that makes perfectly fine pizza, however they cover them in cold, raw tomatoes unless you specifically ask them not to:

I live in Eugene and this city is a pizza nightmare

Most of the pizzas are "how can we put as much garbage as possible on top of incredibly bland cheese pizzas"

It's not as bad as the worst pizzas here but it's still awful

my dumbass magachud coworker was espousing the virtues of this local place's teriyaki chicken pizza

and whatever this is

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Sep 13, 2020

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Nailed it.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Fallows posted:

they sure look good to me

this too just lazy chip placement making it look unappealing

is that whole inner ring edible?

uh I guess it is supposed to be filled with nacho cheese :/

https://www.telepizza.es/producto/pizzas/vulcano-nachos-999990006296218

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I think this was in the previous thread, but someone combined a picture of a reasonable looking pepperoni pizza with that one guy's picture who was maybe a mod but had lots of blackheads and facial hair, and it led to a picture of a pizza with hairy black pepperonis.

Anyone remember what I am talking about and could they post that pizza pic?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

A Strange Aeon posted:

I think this was in the previous thread, but someone combined a picture of a reasonable looking pepperoni pizza with that one guy's picture who was maybe a mod but had lots of blackheads and facial hair, and it led to a picture of a pizza with hairy black pepperonis.

i don't know the picture but i ask that it not be posted

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ordered this from a well reviewed place in London. The saddest thing is I’m sure it started life as a pretty decent pizza, but whatever happened in the 5 minutes between the store and my hotel room can only be described as a travesty.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

Gerblyn posted:

I had swedish food once. It was chicken, peanuts and bananas in spicy ketchup and cream sauce and it made me want to die.

This has nothing to do with pizza, I just wanted to share :shobon:

Flygande jakob, its good. Its not ketchup but a chili sauce

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Big "pubic hair" vibes off this one

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

von Braun posted:

Flygande jakob, its good. Its not ketchup but a chili sauce

Leave this place foul demon

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
What’s with all the gross black olives on all the pizzas? A few on a pizza are okay, they have too much of a tinny/metallic taste to be enjoyable in large amounts. A few green olives will take you further imo

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ordered this from a well reviewed place in London. The saddest thing is I’m sure it started life as a pretty decent pizza, but whatever happened in the 5 minutes between the store and my hotel room can only be described as a travesty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DELvF8KTfFg

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

shadow puppet of a posted:

Two questions, 1) what is it with Californians and acting the fool with black olives? "mm yum I have so much mealy black mush in my mouth right now, soo good"

extremely would

give me all the black olives on my pizza, just dump a whole loving can on there

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

extremely would

give me all the black olives on my pizza, just dump a whole loving can on there

:same:

I have been known to eat just a can of black olives, though, so my response isn’t likely to be typical.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Maybe try some dough next time.

Mushroom Pizza.

Flumph. :cthulhu:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

AHH F/UGH posted:

I live in Eugene and this city is a pizza nightmare

Most of the pizzas are "how can we put as much garbage as possible on top of incredibly bland cheese pizzas"

It's not as bad as the worst pizzas here but it's still awful

my dumbass magachud coworker was espousing the virtues of this local place's teriyaki chicken pizza

and whatever this is

Yeah, I noticed this too when I lived in Eugene. It was just really hard to find a regular pizza. Mostly just deconstructed progressive pizzas.

Though I did have a pumpkin pizza at one place, and it ended up being surprisingly good.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Saddest pizza I ever had IRL was "Mexican taco" pizza. It had bland ground beef, cheddar, tomato salsa, fresh lettuce, and sour cream. That's not what Mexican tacos are made of.

It should have been called Gringo pizza.

lambskin
Dec 27, 2009

I THINK I AM THE PINNACLE OF HUMOR. WAIT HANG ON I HAVE TO GO POUR MILK INTO MY GAPING ASSHOLE!

Picnic Princess posted:

Saddest pizza I ever had IRL was "Mexican taco" pizza. It had bland ground beef, cheddar, tomato salsa, fresh lettuce, and sour cream. That's not what Mexican tacos are made of.

That sounds like a very Canadian pizza.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
This pizza is based on a Korean TV show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUUvy5W0K4I

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
It’s my favourite character, Pepperoni

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
Cross post from THE SLOW MODE THREAD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJEoASUMZbI

caleb fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 14, 2020

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

that's a perfectly normal cheese pizza someone stuck some crickets into after it arrived. i can order a pizza and take a big poo poo on it but that doesn't really mean anything except that i enjoy making GBS threads on fresh hot pizzas.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

A Strange Aeon posted:

Okay I just spent an hour speed scrolling through the original thread posted in the OP with no luck. Did I make this nightmare pizza image up or was there a different bad pizza thread around the same time as the one linked?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

A Strange Aeon posted:

Okay I just spent an hour speed scrolling through the original thread posted in the OP with no luck. Did I make this nightmare pizza image up or was there a different bad pizza thread around the same time as the one linked?

This sounds like one of those google generated deep dream pics that creates all kinds of ungodly eyes and stuff on the source image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Picnic Princess posted:

Done right, a taco pizza can be really good, but a lot of places absolutely gently caress it up by putting on all the ingredients at once instead of leaving the lettuce and sour cream off til the end. Hot lettuce is nasty.