Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

ZombieCrew posted:

That pizza machine is makin Home Run Inn pizza. My fav frozen pizza by far.

I visited Chicago at the end of April and the first brewery I visited had a bunch of frozen pizzas you could choose from. I went with the Home Run Inn sausage and pep. It was pretty drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Isn't that dude an amateur wrestler whose shtick is being a pizza chef, and using the dough against his opponents?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

spechtie posted:

yeah, they shouldve used:

I don't remember this STP song.

quote:

floorpizza is worst pizza
https://i.imgur.com/ZMvun3Z.mp4

This thing looks like a product that would be sold in one of those commercials where a bunch of idiots in black and white are failing are very simple things, except it's also failing at said very simple thing. So it's both the problem and solution at once.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

2-D pizza can't sustain grandma. She demands man-flesh!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Still laffin' over here about the lovely pizza that person was trying to take out of the oven and then it plopped on the floor face down.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I just enjoyed a small Home Run Inn frozen sausage pizza. It did not fall on the floor, as I am not an oaf, but I probably would have animalized it if it did fall face up.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I wouldn't blame you, those are the best frozen pizzas I've had. I really miss back when I lived in the Midwest, I don't think they sell them at stores all that far outside of Chicago. I haven't seen them since I moved across the country, anyway.

They have them out here in NH, at least in a couple stores near me. Not a crazy amount of topping selections, but I don't know how many they have to begin with anyway. I first had their stuff when I was in Chicago last year, and was surprised to see them around here the other day. It's certainly a fine frozen pie.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 4, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Yellow colored margarine was illegal to sell in my state for over 70 years. It was also taxed extra and I want to say that restaurants weren't allowed to serve it either.

Here in NH (and I think some other states), it was mandated for a while that it had to be pink. The margarine companies got around the color laws by selling the white margarine with yellow food coloring, so you could make it yellow at home. One company had the coloring integrated into the bag. You popped the little dye bubble like a zit and kneaded it together in the bag the margarine came in.

I also just learned that Germany made margarine from coal in the 30s/40s.

quote:

Around the 1930s and 1940s, Arthur Imhausen developed and implemented an industrial process in Germany for producing edible fats by oxidizing synthetic paraffin wax made from coal. The products were fractionally distilled and the edible fats were obtained from the C9–C16 fraction which were reacted with glycerol such as that synthesized from propylene. Margarine made from them was found to be nutritious and of agreeable taste, and it was incorporated into diets contributing as much as 700 calories per day. The process required at least 60 kilograms of coal per kilogram of synthetic butter. That industrial process was discontinued after WWII due to its inefficiency.