Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
Either hack it into pieces with a big knife. Or hang it upside down, over your mouth. Or even both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Toxic Mental posted:

Carbonara pizza looks pretty good tbh

The one upthread looks pretty bad.
In general it could be great, there is a video of that Roman michelin star pizza guy making carbonara pizza and that one looks great enough that I don't want to post it in the bad pizza thread.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

If a Chicago deep dish pizza is a pizza and a white pizza is a pizza then a quiche or a German onion pie are pizza.
Calling a frittata a pizza is only a small step further.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

The others have chicken and steak. With the pizza one you'd have to fill the pepper with what, just a pile of cheese?

They could have gone with croutons or bulgur or small pasta or some other wheat derived starch for the pizza style one. All make more sense then rice.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Those quartered pizzas are nice to get the kids to try new toppings. Also, for some topic, like artichokes, I actually like having a quarter and couldn't eat a whole pie.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Saw this add on the window of local pizza place:

Pizza Beef Hawai:
Texas Beef, Cherry Tomatoes, Pineapple, Coconut-BBQ-Sauce, Macadamia nuts, Dutch Gouda.

It wasn't on their website and I am not entering this place, the pizzas are bad and the place mostly survives due to their advertising gimmick.
Those are on their website:

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, I could see that working; Like, just bake a pizza base, layer some spaghetti bolognaise on top and away youbgo.

Reinventing the trencher is good. But using a pizza as one is inferior to using almost any other kind of flatbread.
There used to be a fashion of serving a dressed salad on normal pizza. Fine in theory, but you are very restricted in choice of dressing to make it fit. And even then then you end up with a soggy and uncomfortably cold pizza by the time you get around to eat it.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Grab Im Moor posted:

It's not a thing in Germany. The closest toppings are either salami or sucuk (turkish spicy sausage). If you order peperoni on your 'za here you'll get pickled green peppers.

I remember a place that served peperoni pizza in Munich. Worst pizza I have ever actually eaten. The place also was a grimy streetfacing standing room only operation with very odd decoration choices. And they charges 25% more then the other street facing pizza place next door. Though when I travelled by 10 years later they had a sign out stating that they hadn't increased prices in 20 years.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

ephex posted:

Do you remember where it was or the name? I'm intrigued to find it and test it to post some pictures here.

Not the name, but it was near the corner of Dachauerstaße and Lothstraße behind the supermarket. And i just checked street view, and it seems to have been replaced by an Asian food place.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Cookbook from the 80s, introducing pizza with the most representative pizza topping: bacon, canned mushrooms and parsley.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Until he adds that loose corn, I would say that the only crime is calling that a pizza.