Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So my main take away from this thread has been, if you can not tell if your pizza is a liquid or a solid you've probably made a pretty bad pizza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Son of Rodney posted:

Let me blow your mind by telling you that there is food thats ONLY dough and people actually eat it. It's called bread or something idk.

Dear god. like eat it without even a little cheese and tomato paste... the hell.

Some people are animals. :colbert:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AHH F/UGH posted:

I ate a pizza tonight. It was a hand tossed crust, with hearty marinara, mozzarella and pepperoni on top. The crust was brushed with garlic oil.

This is the worst pizza thread, and yet that pizza sounds... yeah drat pretty decent.

I'm confused, was the pepperoni made out of like eel or hagfish or some such?

did the chief vomit on it?

did it not have pineapple?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

These genuinely make my brain hurt

The first one looks weird as hell and a bit gunky, but I could actually imagine it tasting decent.

The second one looks like you just chucking a hunk of cheesecake or something instead of one quarter of the pizza.... WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Outrail posted:

I'm going to regret this but what bit were they using?

If it was a bit of pizza (:dadjoke:), then very thread relevant!!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

It doesn't even look that bad, but is that lemon?!

looks more like some kind of thin baked Casserole then a pizza, but I mean it at least looks edible.

Having everything in line looks pretty weird though

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Never has there been a pizza of more woe
Than a pizza made in Amerigo

-William Shakespeare
playwrite/pizza reviewer

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I went to a restaurant recently during the one week Ireland was allowed go outside (turns out it was a bad idea, who’d have guessed) and went to a really good pizza place. Wood fire oven, god drat you can’t beat it. Why do I read this thread before bed. Flipping hell I’m starving now.

May all your dreams be of pizza!

...but you know, like good dreams about good pizza. Not nightmares about getting eaten by any of the abominations in here or nothin.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

j.peeba posted:

I’m snacking on this rn. It’s ok but I long for a chocolate homer :(

This looks like it would be a great, it's the forth day of a hike and I found this at the bottom of my pack, snack.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

What people don't expect when they first order this, is that the two disembodied hands come with -and are the tastiest part of- the pizza.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Get this.

I’m a two-slicer.

drat centrists, pick a side and stop ruining everything!

:argh:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

laserghost posted:

Name one single topping on this, I dare you

A substance that was meant to be, but can not legally be identified as, cheese.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

SuddenCactus posted:

cant tell if the top right is barbecue sauce or chocolate sauce

If it's gravy, 100% would.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

von Braun posted:

fish on pizza sounds like something a serial killer would enjoy tbh

Why you gotta go do serial killers dirty like that, but yeah that seems pretty much right.

The double crust pizza definitely seems to be for more wholesome stoner peoples though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Is that a potato cake? This looks like a "this is all we had in the fridge" meal, and yet the plate suggest an actual sit down restaurant.

So many question about what lead up the creation of this disaster.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Light Gun Man posted:

this might be an actual pizza rule most everyone can agree on

Probably cheating but:

-removing image as for some reason it appears to be loving with loading the page-

Could work.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 18, 2022

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Light Gun Man posted:

i meant like, the rules for what constitutes a pizza. that is clearly a stack of multiple pizzas, which is probably a little messy but hey, fine.

It's actually obviously a single pizza with a "stack of multiple pizza" topping. Under the ancient rules of pizza this still clearly counts as a single pizza!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Someone posted a pic in here, I think the post below, and I just can't load this page fully. It's constantly loading. The pic never shows up.

Just removed the image. Not sure what happened there, usually ImgBB seems to work fine.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Named "Meatastic", this is a pizza made of deep fried ham with cheese on top with even more meat
Looks like it's pretty much just a chicken Parmigiana, but with ham. Done right really nice, would recommend.

This dish already has a perfectly usable name people know, why are you calling it some thing else confusing everyone, restaurant people!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

So this is one of those ones where it's just like, what does the pizza add to this?

Like Couscous and eggs sure. Add some spices or sauce to the couscous and that's a very fine eat. What does the pizza add? It's all just going to fall off immediately you fools of this creations!!!

The pizza part just makes everything more difficult about this simple fine meal, which is the exact opposite of what pizza is meant to do! How do you add too really simple good things together and just make it so, and just needlessly add complexity in, where it has no rights to be.

Although it's still obviously pretty edible, so not the worst thing posted here. So that's a plus at least.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Bold choices were made, and it's pretty visually interesting, I'll give it that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Powerful Katrinka posted:

KFC did a dill pickle chicken sandwich a couple years ago, and I'm a disgusting garbage person who enjoyed it and wishes it would come back. Part of it is just that I like dill a lot, it's my go-to herb for a lot of recipes

Dill is indeed very good. I think you'd really have to know what you're doing to use it well on a pizza though.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I don't know how you can fail at a toasted cheese sandwich so badly yet so confidently.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Devils Affricate posted:

That would be an open faced flatbread sandwich.

Would a pizza by any other name, smell so mouth wateringly delicious?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Soup, no matter how chezzy, on a bit of circular flat bread is not a pizza, and yes this a hill I will die on.

An idiotic stances mayhaps, but I shall die a correct idiot. I am fine with that.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AARD VARKMAN posted:

not sure what's on either of these

Yeah all of these actually look like they could be really nice, but no idea what's going on with any of them.

Would 100% try a slice from each one.

Despite their wetness you can tell the stuff that was meant to be cooked was cooked.

Middle one curious as hell what the fucks going on. All symmetry lost. chaos reigns. What are those god drat lumps!!!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

LvK posted:

I know that this isn't what it is, but half of the first one looks kinda like a chile colorado pie and, drat, with some modification I would *gently caress up* a chile colorado pizza.

I mean yeah sort of seems a split between a tomato/chill/meat thing, and a thick spiced cheese sauce over :shrug:.

Like it gotta be worth a try.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

I like how you can see there is a perfectly fine Margherita pizza underneath.

The idea of a cheese pizza when they already put cheese on pizzas obviously just confused them a bit, which is very understandable.

While it ended in a travesty of pizza I do commend their effort and presentation.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

HELLOMYNAMEIS___ posted:

Mämmi, bacon and ham.

Ah another in that most fine category of "is this a medical textbook photo or a pizza?" images that I never knew existed till recently.

Thanks thread!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

That's just a homemade kebab pizza.

And not even a good one, where's the drat chili sauce.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

TV Zombie posted:

Going through the thread and the other topping isn’t cooked baby mice right? What is on the left side of that pizza?

The bait for the baby mice obviously. Be amazed at the worlds first eco friendly edible mouse trap!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think they might be flags for two countries no one speaks of, filled with unspeakable horrors.

Don't have a union jack on them so definitely not the worst flag designs.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Ainsley McTree posted:

is that a pork chop

Pretty sure it's the sole of a child's shoe.

This is what happens when you're trying to do one of the spells that's all written in profusely vague rhyme and you suck at it.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Yeah that looks like the sort of pizza that you'd make late at night drunk, which you know you sort of hosed up, but still at the time taste amazing, so all good.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

AARD VARKMAN posted:

the world is crying out for new innovations in pizza

Agreed the world spends far to much money on stupid research into things like "health" and "space" and no where near enough money researching Pizza.

Where's the $10.8 Billion Pizza research machine stupid science people!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
That's the pizza that in the 80's you'd find in a sewer and it would turn you into a ninja turtle.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apparently I totally missed out on some new weird hipster restaurant trend.

Realistic 90's cartoon themed and located restaurants?

I assume the patrons are literally seated in the middle of stream of sewerage.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Cowman posted:

it looks more like they took a manhole and made a pizza

They're both very round. Not seeing a problem here.

Like you're not going to make a pizza out of a square shaped thing. Would be lunacy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tnuctip posted:

Damnit was going to say quiznos

Are we sure it's not quiznos, doing psy-ops or something to make subway look bad?

Have the foretold fast-food wars finally began?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I like the laziness with this one. They knew they were making garbage and they didn't for even a second care: