Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dr. Öetker's Chocolate Pizza has to be a contender.

But what if thin crust isn't your thing? Oh don't worry, the Doctor's got your back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

What the gently caress is wrong with Brazil?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's clearly jizza, not pizza.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

No scorpions don't eat that, it's way too much pizza for you :ohdear:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Porfiriato posted:

Sweden’s crimes against pizza have been well documented in this thread, but the last few posts make clear that Finland has a lot to answer for also.

TBF most Finnish pizza is just ... inoffensive. Made usually by immigrants from Middle-Eastern countries, it's not usually amazing but usually not horrible either. There are places that do high end "artisinal" pizza, and then there's also occasional pizza crimes.

It's weird because usually Kotipizza is good albeit expensive as gently caress. Here is their take on Finland's national dish, ham-pineapple-blue cheese pizza ("Hawaiian").

It's a bit funny, here in my town the nearest Kotipizza to me is across the street from a legit amazing pizza place. In my previous job we used to go to lunch at the amazing pizza place every Friday, and usually at lunch time there was a queue halfway around the block.

Here's a kale pizza from that place.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 26, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Armitag3 posted:

Gave it a shot!

Oh my god :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aardvark! posted:

to get the new mestre de pizza tag you must quote this with a bad pizza that hasnt been posted here before yet. lets see some content goons

tags may take a couple days to arrive

Sweden, what else?

Are... are those sugar cherries?

I kinda like this, it's cute :3:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:28 on May 27, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ephex posted:

Döner Pizza or as they call it... Dizza:

I'm not gonna lie.

I'd eat it. I wouldn't be proud of myself, but I'd eat it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Darkest Auer posted:

What's amazing about this ... thing is that it looks exactly the same whether it's cold or warm

Back when I was a teen, we had regular LAN parties in my parents' kitchen on weekends. One weekend the local supermarket was selling these "pizzas" (affectionately known as mudflaps in Finland) for 50 pennies a pop, because they were about to expire. We bought something like 40 pizzas, and I still remember the cashier's increasingly astonished expression as three nerds kept piling more and more pizzas on the conveyor belt.

In the end we ate maybe 10 of them total over the weekend and then had this pile of plastic pizza baggies that started to slowly expand as some mysterious gasses built up inside them and nobody wanted to open any because we were pretty sure whatever gasses a Saarioinen pizza puts out aren't something you want to inhale.

That's my pizza story!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

laserghost posted:

This tickled some of my own memories of all-night computer-staring parties with my friends, so I googled the pizza brand you mentioned and lol they really look like this?

Yep, that's the fella. The packaging is a bit different these days (it's a weird plastic wrapper, not a cardboard box) but the pizza has been identical since 1981.

I would guess that it was the first store-bought pizza brand in Finland.

laserghost posted:

This shitpie is packed into a cardboard envelope and it's supoosed to be premium?

You have to understand that for decades Finland was basically Soviet Union Lite, our idea of premium and luxury are a bit ... lower end than in some places.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:08 on May 27, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dr. Oetker's Ristorantes are pretty good in general. The pepperoni + pesto + something one is also very good, and their thin crust pepperoni has become my go-to for "I can't be arsed cooking, I'll pick up a frozen pizza" meals.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aardvark! posted:

all tags to date have been queued

a few things:

if you had a marquee, i put it first because i decided to. except sometimes i didn't
if you had 3 already i turned it in to a marquee with it... somewhere in the list
if you had 2 i put it at the end

if you want a switch w/r/t ordering or marqueeing remember 3 is the max gang tags so let me know what it is you want exactly changed/removed/reordered. :thanks:

Thanks, Aardvark!

Can you unmarque mine and replace the Sluggo is Lit! with a Maestre tag though?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You rock, here is a pizza as a reward

I don't know what the hell is going on here. It kinda looks like a normal kebab pizza and then someone mestre di pizza'd five cherry tomatos on top.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TontoCorazon posted:

I got too much Mestres de Pizza, could I get just one tag?

That one scrolling tag makes it :allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

TontoCorazon posted:

Look at this elitist gently caress who uses cum for dipping, some of us weren't born with your kind of opportunities.

lmao your gangtags just keep getting better

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not gonna lie: the car tyre looks like the most appealing topping here.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Lodin posted:

Best Oetker is obviously the Pepsalame. Such a shame that hardly any stores here carry them.

:cool::respek::cool:

That's my go to frozen pizza as well.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/9orVz10.gifv

This looks like a Simpsons episode.

It does from stupid to tragic to hilarious. Truly a saga in three acts.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain DIEgiene posted:

How does cheese fit with curries? I've thought about trying to make one on my own but the cheese seemed like it wouldn't work so well and that's basically the central point of a pizza for me.

Well I mean paneer is literally a kind of cheese and a staple of indian cuisine and curries, so probably quite fine. I've also made curries with other types of cheeses and it's perfectly fine. Go for it!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Aardvark! posted:

this is why I've always shied my eyes away from it, but it's my favorite local place, the one run by an Indian family that offers mexican food and sandwiches and all sorts of other poo poo.

they cook the pizza until it's god damned done :pray:

Holy poo poo.

I want to go to there.

E: what's that on the second pizza? Tofu? Or chicken chunks or something?

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Oct 14, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain DIEgiene posted:

Hoo boy....honey, I think we need to take out a second mortgage on this Papa John's

Just keep up with the payments or they'll repossess your poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Let's not even pretend anyone can explain catupiry.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Yeah I'm extremely not surprised to see this loving place in this thread.

A few years ago we bought late night kebabs from La Toore and maybe they figured we were so drunk we wouldn't know the difference (we weren't) because when we opened the containers, we discovered a handful of fries, a handful of kebab meat and a squirt of loving ketchup on top. And about 50 pounds of salt per serving.

It was the worst kebab I've ever eaten so this quality of pizza tracks.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 7, 2021

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ihmemies posted:

I live a few blocks away. I can confirm this place was poo poo in 2000's and still is. The only reason to go here is because you're heading home from a bar and this is the only place left open during the way. Well actually I wouldn't eat at Latoore even then but 🤢

Small world.

:finland::respek::finland:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PokeJoe posted:

how has it been open so long

Some of these places are essentially money laundering fronts or tax fraud schemes, but also a lot of people in Finland have really bad tastes. After all ham, pineapple and blue cheese is by far our most popular pizza. The blander the better, baby!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose Oquendo posted:

I live in one of those corn states and I've NEVER seen it in the wild.

Well of course you haven't, people eat the pizzas immediately. It's not like we're talking about a pepperoni pizza or some less popular topping here, GEEZ.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFJO8gW83BE

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Holy poo poo, pizz!

:piss:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Even if we assume that pizza is photorealistic, it doesn't even crack the top 10 of Worst Pizzas in the History of Sweden and that's without counting Brazil and other major league pizza criminal nations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

2/10 is right

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How the hell does "we put some poo poo on toast and baked it" count as something style pizza?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not gonna stand here and pretend I wouldn't eat pizza with Pepsi-infused pepperonis on top.

https://twitter.com/pepsi/status/1526912002110652417

I'm not proud of this, but there it is.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Von Pluring posted:

It’a not “anchovies and potatoes”, just a lovely translation.

This was news to me, as a Finn. I always assumed our anjovis was the same as the anchovy, but apparently you're right and it's a completely different family of fish.

Jansson's temptation is still loving vile, but apparently it could be even worse?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Non-Euclidean Pizza really was the inevitable next step considering Brazil and Sweden have been treating us to all kinds of eldritch horrors for years now.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

By popular demand posted:

How did they even get to 'howabout we burn trash while we bake pizzas!'? Did they build the pizzeria next to a garbage dump?

I had forgotten the bit where he's scooping up ashes from the left side of the oven and then flinging them all around the oven... while the loving pizza is still in there.

Not that you would probably even notice, considering.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Ran this last one through auto translate for you

The real stretch here is them calling that poo poo a pizza

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

People talk poo poo about pickles on pizza, but I once (while very drunk) bought a mince + pickle pizza from a pizza place in Turku, Finland, and it was so good I went back later when sober, and it was still extremely good. I've been chasing that high ever since then, and while I haven't found a pickle pizza that good since, I still do like it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Devils Affricate posted:

This is the sort of thing that made people uncomfortable about letting Sweden join NATO

Yeah not enough turkey on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Von Pluring posted:

This is just a gimmick pizza. No one would eat that. Some moron bought a pizza and put a lot of stuff on it. The toppings are not even baked.

I dunno man considering some of the Swedish and Brazilian pizza crimes we've seen in this thread that argument doesn't really hold much sway.