Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the plot summaries of hunters of dune and sandworms of dune are hilarious… but that nullentropy thingy the tleilaxu master has was a chekov’s gun that hadn’t been fired… frank was totally going to do something like that wasn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lotta young peeps at the Top Secret! show, and one guy laughing so hard I wear he must've never seen it before

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that was a rough looking print though

i had forgotten the density of gags though, it's amazing they managed that through the whole film

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 26, 2024

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

top secret is one of the greatest films ever made imo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i hope the director's cuts of Dune will be made and released in theaters. there was one specific scene of Feyd talking to the baron about the emperor where the dialogue was clearly adred and the rest of the scene is cut away from shots of him. every single scene is a visual feast, but (the studio I presume) more than fat was trimmed from the film

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

theflyingexecutive posted:

i hope the director's cuts of Dune will be made and released in theaters. there was one specific scene of Feyd talking to the baron about the emperor where the dialogue was clearly adred and the rest of the scene is cut away from shots of him. every single scene is a visual feast, but (the studio I presume) more than fat was trimmed from the film

i read somewhere that villeneuve doesnt like directors cuts

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

quote:

“I’m a strong believer that when it’s not in the movie, it’s dead,” he told Collider before “Dune: Part Two” opened in theaters. “Sometimes I remove shots and I say, ‘I cannot believe I’m cutting this out. I feel like a samurai opening my gut. It’s painful, so I cannot go back after that and create a Frankenstein and try to reanimate things that I killed. It’s too painful. When it’s dead, it’s dead, and it’s dead for a reason. But yes, it is a painful project, but it is my job. The movie prevails. I’m very severe in the editing room. I’m not thinking about my ego, I’m thinking about the movie. … I kill darlings, and it’s painful for me.”

There will be no extended versions.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Truman Peyote posted:

top secret is one of the greatest films ever made imo

its not even one of the best ZAZ films

which ok is a really high bar to clear

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cerv posted:

There will be no extended versions.

yep

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wat

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

the people who made top secret. also airplane, naked gun, hot shots

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zucker,_Abrahams_and_Zucker

top secret is among the best on this list though

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
though I've since turned the corner on liking it (and like it quite a bit), I feel like I'd be getting a lot more out of Book of the New Sun if I were reading it along with someone to talk about it with

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
man I keep forgetting Ruthless People is a ZAZ film!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

which ok is a really high bar to clear

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

not on my watch, pal

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Top Secret is in fact the best Zucker Bros film.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

top secret is good but i wish that i'd watched it as a younger person, or rather, when it was more timely

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's a cold war era movie that makes a bunch of references to WWII and, like, 60s era american music, idk how timely you're going to get but you're looking at going back almost 40 years

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

we found your manager impaled on this electronic device. our surgeons did all they could but it took them over two hours just to get the smile off his face.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

infernal machines posted:

it's a cold war era movie that makes a bunch of references to WWII and, like, 60s era american music, idk how timely you're going to get but you're looking at going back almost 40 years

yes, correct. cold war era movies hit better when they are watched while the cold war is in recent cultural memories. ww2 things are more relatable when the veterans are still alive and are your grandfather(s). 60s american music is what our parents liked, and so is what was played in the car. it seems like you got my point after all :shrug:

it helps when the things a show makes oblique reference to are things that are still around, even if it's just on nick at nite.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I finished season 2 of Barry. It's the right amount of silly and 30 minute episodes means there is very little filler. The writing isn't perfect but I'll give it a pass because it's not meant to be taken so seriously.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Achmed Jones posted:

top secret is good but i wish that i'd watched it as a younger person, or rather, when it was more timely

lol

NoneMoreNegative posted:

agreed I saw it in the cinema age eleven with Fatha on a camping trip and it's still a solid favourite all these years later

This is not Mel Tormė

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

https://y.yarn.co/64d17634-fa8c-4f00-ab8c-b3683e8fe12b.mp4

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

:five:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao Lesley Nielsen's face when he opens the cockpit door and Elaine is huffing away on Otto's Emergency Inflation Pipe

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/paynushurts/status/1772579432802185231?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/punished_stu/status/1772673734022730219?s=46&t=aXw7W5TiwDaOVtqp-9FOLA

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Huckle Cat has called a big one from the deep desert.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

9.5/10. Huckle cat does not have the Eyes of Ibad.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

9.5/10. Huckle cat does not have the Eyes of Ibad.
so you’re saying… eye bad

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Busydune

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Saw mention of MANN & MACHINE, I'd never heard of it and for early nineties tv sci-fi that means it was unbelievably niche (or poo poo)

The full series is up on YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgeGcX2U-sIF9zCdz_9Eg28Nlbp1GAtEu

edit: lol ouch

quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_%26_Machine

The series was pulled from NBC's schedule after only four episodes. The remaining five were aired in a burnoff as summertime filler.

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 27, 2024

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Saw mention of MANN & MACHINE, I'd never heard of it and for early nineties tv sci-fi that means it was unbelievably niche (or poo poo)

The full series is up on YT: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgeGcX2U-sIF9zCdz_9Eg28Nlbp1GAtEu

edit: lol ouch

jesus the audio is awful

also lol at the intro MANN :bahgawd: ~and machine~ :biglips:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lmao TESLA level coding in the prototype policebots

(It was a little person with a machinegun)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
city swallowed by crime wave as criminals deploy unstoppable new tactic of "crouching"

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

haveblue posted:

city swallowed by crime wave as criminals deploy unstoppable new tactic of "crouching"

why did we let rare release goldeneye :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

why did we let rare release goldeneye :argh:

didnt oddjob actually have the same hitbox as the other models? i read that someplace but havent played it in decades