Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

well-read undead posted:

but they will

battle passes, too
god I hope not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1781997881446285675

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I just twigged that Dr. Chickenfucker probably wasn't bullshitting about being able to grow the Enclave Scientist a whole new foot :o:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
watched Freddy Got Fingered, and it was worth watching just so I could find out for myself what the deal was. some great absolutely lol moments (for me), but I can see why people would want to avoid it. almost wish I'd seen it in the theatre when it came out just to see what a group reaction would've been like.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
tom green pulling a several million dollar prank on the studio system is impressive, in a lot of ways

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

:toot: 4K80 just dropped babe.

Been a long time coming... Had a quick page through the timeline, there's a lot of film grain here, I'll have to pick up the DNR version when they put it out for comparison.

edit: also withe SWPosting, lol how Obi just walks this off

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 21, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

NoneMoreNegative posted:

edit: also withe SWPosting, lol how Obi just walks this off

good god

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Chris Knight posted:

watched Freddy Got Fingered, and it was worth watching just so I could find out for myself what the deal was. some great absolutely lol moments (for me), but I can see why people would want to avoid it. almost wish I'd seen it in the theatre when it came out just to see what a group reaction would've been like.

i still reference “daddy would you like some sausage” to myself whenever i cook sausage

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
also Julie Hagerty as Tom's mom was just perfect casting

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Chris Knight posted:

Julie Hagerty
:allears:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

freddy got fingered is a classic, just not in the way people usually mean when they say "classic"

a fgf dvd was one of the first birthday presents i bought for my wife

mystes
May 31, 2006

Apparently netflix is adapting One Hundred Years of Solitude?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG45GfgD2JU

It seems like it's going to be a series rather than a movie

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Fool posted:

movies don't have seasons

the movie is just the ova to the series

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I just twigged that Dr. Chickenfucker probably wasn't bullshitting about being able to grow the Enclave Scientist a whole new foot :o:

oh poo poo

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
oh man i love meetaal

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

PARKING FOR THE DEAD

https://x.com/deapthoughts/status/1781438408054989156?s=46

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Duh that’s where I park my dragula

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

yeah lol when i went to the memorial the first time in college and saw those i couldn't stop laughing

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

maybe don't make/remove the lot. it's right by student housing, so it's a functional area, but

edit: I thought those were still in a field, did they expand to the field?? iirc the one I saw was overlapping several spots on top of the hill there

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

drat, all my campus is known for is the blowjob snow sculpture

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

my alma mater does a burning-man-lite in one of the parking lots every year

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

maybe don't make/remove the lot. it's right by student housing, so it's a functional area, but

edit: I thought those were still in a field, did they expand to the field?? iirc the one I saw was overlapping several spots on top of the hill there

the university admin has always been in a game of trying to make the shootings disappear so it was likely a fight to get them to add in the bollards

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

the university admin has always been in a game of trying to make the shootings disappear so it was likely a fight to get them to add in the bollards

yeesh drat

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
take the worst parts of Guy Ritchie & Tarantino, mix them up in a blender with some whack colour grading presets, and you get the Paul Walker vehicle Running Scared. there's a potentially good flick buried in there somewhere, but writer/director Wayne Kramer won't give it to you.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Last night's watch:

We're All Going To The World's Fair (2021)

I didn't know what to expect going in to this. "horror/drama" on the box. Neither of these.

This is a meditation on doomscrolling, on depression, (possibly schizophrenia), and youtubes with 11 views. The first film where they directly credit an ASMR artist in the opening credits. neat!

I'm not going to recommend - or un-recommend - it to anybody, because it's super polarizing. 1/3 of the reviews are "i loved this and it really spoke to me", 1/3 are "i fell asleep halfway through", and 1/3 are "this movie sucks there's no monsters or murders at all? wtf".

I very much enjoyed it and it's made me think about the level of online i maintain, and the possibility of ramping that down and going and talking to another person in real life now and then. It's a flawed film though, and some cuts and scenes are jarringly bad. But 90% of it is methodically gorgeous and really thoughtful. Suspect non straight cis folks will get even more out of it (as directly indicated by comments from the NB producer about its intent and themes)

Personal score 8.5/10 considering a nice trim runtime and a sparse but effective soundtrack. Nice to see ones like this being made.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

take the worst parts of Guy Ritchie & Tarantino, mix them up in a blender with some whack colour grading presets, and you get the Paul Walker vehicle Running Scared. there's a potentially good flick buried in there somewhere, but writer/director Wayne Kramer won't give it to you.

I enjoyed that movie when it was new and your assessment is totally fair

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

Chris Knight posted:

the director saw tony scott's domino and said "GET ME THAT COLORIST"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
good to see the old lessons being passed on to the new generations

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Sagacity posted:

the director saw tony scott's domino and said "GET ME THAT COLORIST"
haha, at one point i legit thought to myself "man, this script would've been perfect for mid-90s Tony Scott"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

et online posted:

But though Rebel Moon follow-up films have yet to be confirmed by Netflix, we do know that Snyder has created R-rated “director’s cuts” of the two that exist already. Those don’t have a Netflix release date yet, but Snyder says the edits are finished — and that they are pretty different films from the two parts of Rebel Moon we’ve already seen. 

“Tonally, they’re completely different. They're each an hour longer,” Snyder says. "They’re three hours each, and there are tons of scenes that aren’t in the initial versions. We went so far into the weeds with it to the point that even within the body of the movie, a line that was the same in PG-13 as it is in R might be a different take of the same line. Emotionally, it's more like a parallel universe than an extended version. Things happen that in the R-rated version that don't happen in the PG-13. The event order is all different, so it's really an interesting exercise.”

Snyder even says, “we definitely made four separate movies. There’s no doubt about that.” 
lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I’m watching the first episode Sugar. it's shot amazingly, the score is perfect, I’m loving in love with Colin Farrel's character. calling him OP is a severe understatement. plus now I’m really craving a glass of bourbon

e: and he's a Virgo? 😍😍

e2: and he's drinking Whistlepig??

indigi fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 22, 2024

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

indigi posted:

I’m watching the first episode Sugar. it's shot amazingly, the score is perfect, I’m loving in love with Colin Farrel's character. calling him OP is a severe understatement.

lol I'm looking forward to you going :thunk: but a little bigger each episode :o:

Also;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cen0rBKLuYE

I loved DP1, 2 I thought was fun but a lesser movie, hopefully the teamup here can elevate 3.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

from what I've heard the story has a bunch of MCU poo poo shoveled on it so I'm not hopeful

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol I'm looking forward to you going :thunk: but a little bigger each episode :o:

Also;

I loved DP1, 2 I thought was fun but a lesser movie, hopefully the teamup here can elevate 3.
extremely specific lol:

The Fool posted:

from what I've heard the story has a bunch of MCU poo poo shoveled on it so I'm not hopeful
if they spend a bunch of time clowning on the mcu that might be fun

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah if they shoveled it in specifically to take the piss out of it that might be good

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Fool posted:

if the MCU poo poo is shoved in for Deadpool to be Deadpool about it then it could be amazing.

since Disney is at the helm and the mouse does not have a sense of humor this could be a problem

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

given that an issue of secret wars shows up in the first trailer this movie might be the tva or the beyonder just nuking the mcu as a coherent timeline and doing the battle planet as an excuse to launch into something else. I mean kang is already off the table and he was their next big bad

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The Fool posted:

the cast list includes marvel superstars like Pyro and Shatterstar (who was killed in DP2?), so i think it will be fine

also looks like Huge Jackedman finally has the comics-correct wolverine hair, so i'm looking forward to it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Also;

him intervening to save the homeless guy and his dog then tucking in that drunk SMILF is so saccharine I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Roosevelt posted:

Shatterstar

when he died in the showing of DP2 i went to someone in the audience screamed "No!"