Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
im looking for something new to watch and my favorite fantasy thing ive seen lately is shrike screaming in the geralts's face

can anyone recommend another show with badass and pissed off women in it? or give me a spell to move to an alternate reality where shrike won and she's the witcher now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

consider phlebas perhaps as an anthology adaptation would be the most viable for general appeal, but thats not really the culture material i want to see happen. pretty sure in a few years player of games could work as some sort of esports political intrigue show

i think you are right but both of those shows sound horrible

i think the main thing that i like about banks's writing is the way he makes it easy to imagine things that could not possibly exist or be coherently rendered by any reality-adjacent rendering engine; Lededje's infinitely intricate skin is fascinating and easy to imagine but there is absolutely no way to ever actually put it on a screen, same with Azad and the assassin cloud and probably hundreds of other extremely memorable scenes

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

PCjr sidecar posted:

sma and a drone who looks like a human for reasons have to hunt them down

banter!

would

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

pointsofdata posted:

Are there any good, pulpy sci fi books which aren't like super racist or something. noir will do as well

Company Town by Ashby fits this description I think and I liked it

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

rotor posted:

please vote 5 ... to lure!!!
Vot acepteed^ thinks aot

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

Jonny 290 posted:

also has the most authentic "using a ham radio" scene that i've ever seen in a film, just about, ever. She sets up what appears to be a Diamond HFV-5 dipole antenna which is very popular in Japan, tunes into a valid voice frequency on the 6 meter band on a radio that looks exactly like an Icom 7000, and uses what would be a valid (though fictional) Japanese call sign. i smiled so big

man thats cute as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

if im reading a book written by a cis hetero man and there is sex in it i will simply close that book