Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

indigi posted:

I'm not sure why exactly - it has an impending cyberpunk dystopia vibe - but this seems relevant to this thread

https://twitter.com/beesmygod_/status/1379940286927937540

https://twitter.com/Strange_Sunset/status/1379954282703638532?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it’s for inbound communications from other players so it’ll filter out some other player screaming gamer words

some people do stream snipe just to try and get bad words on the air just like prank callers and radio

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the real use would be for games to have it on by default so people don’t bounce off multiplayer immediately because, well, the internet

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I’m not looking up time stamps but leaving tattooine?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

maybe immediately after they escape the trash compactor, the characters shower between scenes there

“kid, it’s not that kind of movie”

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

inception was explicitly “dumb set piece: the movie” so it is his best film imo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

they got harrison ford to do it (twice!)

lol at the way literally everyones expression in the rise of skywalked was pure "i am so loving done with this poo poo"

Harrison Ford apparently needed several dump trucks of cash to actually show up for that one.
i mean, good for him.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Truman Peyote posted:

try to maintain some dignity man

he tried to land on a southwest 737

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

right, because thats the mandate from disney. the mandalorian managed to initially escape from it, but disney wrangled it back into line and its gonna get stuffed full of bullshit.

fake edit: lol cgi luke just popped into my head

hey they credited mark hamill so it’s fine!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

It sounds bad because machines can't feel

this reminds me nier:replicant is coming out for pc friday

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fart simpson posted:

you’re transported back in time into lee harvey oswalds body right before the shot. it’s all lined up. do you pull the trigger?

is it aimed at Ted Cruz’s dad or GHWB?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

they're all the same show though and nothing lasts past 2 seasons so there's 0 chance of any story. i can just go back and watch lexx if i want a good cancelled-too-soon show

Lexx was cancelled 2 seasons too late

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The Fool posted:

this

but also, Netflix is really bad about making GBS threads out mediocre shows and then cancelling them

I have not been able to get excited about anything they’ve produced in the last year

even the movies I’ve like it’s been “yeah, this is just ok”

well theres another season of the Witcher coming?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

here's every episode:

the boat goes through some locks, there are ducks, look at this beautiful pasture land!, boat goes through more locks, now there's a swan, more locks, ok that's gonna do it for this episode.

sounds like a tv show for dogs

yes I know there’s a dog channel in cable packages for like $5 extra

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'm from baton rouge, which was once the televangelism capital of the world (really), and i think watching that might cause me to burst into flame

go tigahs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

SmokaDustbowl posted:

it's halloween month!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mbo5vHy8dw

I'm scared of sadako

quoting is making a copy right

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:rip:

now for some reason I’m imagining a modern direct to streaming remake where you have to to like and subscribe

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

fringe seems like one of the shows where you really want to find a watch list which is only like a seasons worth of stuff

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

I'm shocked not that he got kicked off of his recent show about teen girls with superpowers but that he got it greenlit in the first place, it's like if you know you have a problem maybe figure out a different story to tell?

the poo poo he did to that lady who dared to get pregnant on buffy was so bad

they should regreenlight it but gender swap every single character he came up with

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

indigi posted:

it’s very depressing that none of the male leads of these shows did jack poo poo to support their costars

the male leads probably didn't want to rock the boat either

its not like say emilia clarke and jason momoa where momoa had been in tv for over a decade and would feel comfortable yelling down at a pair of loser writers that some how tricked grrm to let run a tv series

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

oh, right, i never watched angel so didn't think about him, he absolutely could've

indigi posted:

e: also if you’re a single person and you’re too afraid to call out harassment/abuse cause you don’t want to “rock the boat” you’re a pussy and should be labeled as such

this is essentially the entirety of hollywood. look at weinstein ffs... its a very hosed up industry

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

It was pointed out to me the other day that if you ask a zoomer "what's that old cartoon with the sitcom family that became popular when the millennials were kids" they will probably say Family Guy

based on the age range of millennials I think this indeed may be more accurate than the simpsons.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

also, i love patrick stewart, but it's really apparent that he's old as balls and sometimes seems to have trouble delivering his lines.

and instead of building a set for his quarters on the starship, they just put him back in the french chateau set and said it's a holographic recreation of his home on earth. wtf. (1) nobody else on the ship has a holographic room, and (2) i don't even know whether to blame that on the show being cheap or patrick steward being old as balls and needing to sit in an easy chair whenever possible.

he apparently hasn't done stage work since 2016 so that probably indicates hes got approximately zero energy. i saw him in waiting for godot in like 2014 and he definitely still had a ton of energy then. thats only 2 hours though, a shooting day for a tv set is far longer. when did picard start production?

as an aside, we waited at the exit to see if we could get our programs autographed. my sister in law however brought a picard figure in box. stewart was signing programs, got to where she was going to be close to next, looked her right in the eye and turned around to sign programs on the other side. better story than him signing it imo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Picard was 2019 apparently, I thought it was a few years earlier for some reason. 72-77 or whatever are definitely years where you’d expect an exponential slow down

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

one tiem ms jones went to buy a star trek white noise generator for me that had engine noise and some bleeps and bloops and stuff. it was gonna be such a great gift

it turns out that it was an april fools joke on thinkgeek iirc and i am _still_ disappointed by that fact a decade or whatever later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKBvaOLDem0
plus a rpi, a cable and a speaker

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

maybe generations. generations changed a lot of details in sets because “good enough” for 80s/early 90s OTA tv is pretty poo poo on film

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lower decks covered the magical cures between episodes thing https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Much_Ado_About_Boimler_(episode)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

i really don't give a poo poo about watching poker, to me the point of the card playing scenes is supposed to be that his entire character is swagger and luck, he's not a good card player, he just wins because he's james bond

also an allegory for the empire, except instead of swagger its racism

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

that’d be too much like Austin Powers

though it’s been 20 years and boomers would love it

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mystes posted:

I have absolutely no idea if this a joke or not, lol

except the entire old eu

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

qirex posted:

p sure there’s just like an open call for anyone remotely famous to do a cameo on that show

it wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a line

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if any series other than mandalorian needs that unreal engine set…

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mystes posted:

I can't wait for Data in 2023 and McCoy in 2024.

it’d make way more sense to have series’s from the kelvin universe cast but they’re way more expensive than the guy they had in discovery. (it’s probably be possible though, however paramount isn’t Disney and trek isn’t wars)

i thought the movie timeline split was a clever way to do all the new series but nope! discovery and this are before TOS :psyduck:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cotton? wtf

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Computer. Tofu dog. Ice cold. Defrosting in my sink.

majel barrett voice: appointment with counselor troi scheduled for 1700 hours

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

duz posted:

since the pandemic started, i have been watching every scooby doo movie and tv show, i feel this has been a better use of my time than trying to watch new star trek

same energy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-8zmGr0geQ

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

also the Behind The Laughter episode is one of my all time faves and it's in season 11

sure but only being able to do meta jokes is an indication that you’re out of ideas

then they keep the show going for another 2 decades and counting

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Doom Mathematic posted:

Despite Behind The Laughter, season 11 is the nadir.

when do you stop acknowledging seasons because it keeps going down

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

hooo boy no it is not. it gets far worse from there.

the simpsons is like an F-104 in a zoom climb. it just gets steadily better and better until season 8, the zenith, which contains the single best episode, "you only move twice."

then it suddenly stalls. season 9 still has a bunch of good episodes, slightly more good ones than bad, but it's clearly faltering. season 10 has some memorable jokes but is the first one where you have more bad episodes than good, and it contains the episode that marks the inflection point: "when you dish upon a star."

and from then on it's just in a ballistic freefall, engine flamed out, spinning and gyrating out of control at 80,000 feet per minute

you could just link the right stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rDARfprCww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

a lot of people have made charts from the imdb episode ratings, e.g.

IMDb appears to have the frank grimes episode as the top rated. I’ve always thought that episode was a bit overrated and is too much of an inside joke to truly be number 1.