Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

rjmccall posted:

oh and i tried the second episode of lucifer, and thirty seconds in he refers to himself as beelzebub, and just like that i'm out again

I doubt your average viewer understands the reference enough to care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

ok its over and holy poo poo what a loving good god drat action spy movie. wowwww

i will!

settle down beavis

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wear the man bun and become Jonny Snow 290

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Hardly anything sticks anymore in general because poo poo that happened six months ago feels like years ago

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Data is a really crappy name for an android, it's like naming your cat fluffy or some poo poo

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

You don't want to break even with a movie like Tenet, you want to make all of the money

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The decline of community institutions would probably shock many people.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'd rather Peter Jackson have kept making insane horror movies

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

lord funk posted:

the witches was the only movie i walked out of as a kid, after the boy was horrifyingly mutated into a mouse as bald secret witches cackled. i just turned to my parents and said "i'm leaving now" and walked out of the theater

I guess that just goes to show you were born a pussy and you'll die one too

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

fart simpson posted:

this is maybe a weird nitpick but the thing that bothered me most about the chess show is how the main character never really has a coach or even people to practice with except for a couple extremely short periods of time. it's kinda implied she's read a bunch of books on her own off screen, but the show portrays her just as a unique genius who was able to become the best player in the world by pure talent & instinct. you never really get the impression she was studying or trying very hard, and all the players she ended up winning against were also talented & took the game seriously while she just got wasted all the time but it didnt matter because she was naturally so much better than everyone else. she sobered up like 1 day before her world championship match and that was enough to win

the truth of it is boring

A lot of times talent is just being good at figuring out what you need to do and then streamlining practice and memorization

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I'm still amazed they hosed up the sequel trilogy, you would think there would be like a billion layers of oversight for something so high profile

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

It really sucks Westworld went down the tubes because season 1 was a good and relatively self-contained story.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Roosevelt posted:

thats me when mcdonalds forgets to put the sauce in with my chicken nuggets

I'm devastated when I get home from Wendy's and there's no honey mustard in the bag

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

Yes ig-88 slams the elevator doors in palpy's face and is startled when he uses the force to pry them back open.

thats really dumb and corny

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Do you think the Enterprise has a sonic turdbuster?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

indigi posted:

something that's annoyed me about S2 of Doom Patrol (3 episodes in) and seems to be happening with this season of The Expanse is Breaking Up The Team So Everyone Can Have Solo/Duo Adventures. don't do that, I like the team to be together. do you hear that, Rian Johnson, director of The Last Jedi

They do this so they don't have to pay the whole cast for every episode

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

'Fannish' is a way worse word than fandom

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

i just found a sears ad from '91 and looks like normie vcrs were about $300-350 idk

That's about what I remember, $300-400...

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

also yall pls watch butt boy its super good

Congrats on your biopic

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

that's stupid, is it like a roko's basilisk thing

In that it's a thought experiment, I guess. There's ultimately no way of telling whether anyone other than yourself is truly conscious or just an imitation of consciousness.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

lol so it's just a fancy term for robot

Vaguely yeah, a related problem is whether robots can truly be conscious or just behave in a way that's indistinguisable from it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Wasn't there a sex scene in Jackie Brown

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

What if I'm really into Limp Bizkit?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol i wonder how much worse the guantanamo bay one is now

I think I saw that one and they were only there for like 5 minutes of the movie

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Didn't his ex wife also edit the initial trilogy? I can imagine no one wanted to question George on the prequels which is why JarJar exists lmao.

Supposedly this ties in to why there hasn't been a release of the OG trilogy in like 20-30 years, only the special editions

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

holy loving poo poo lmao

The real poo poo sandwich is that the fact that there was a Clarice Starling show stuck in development hell is the reason Hannibal never tackled the Silence material

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

they ended up releasing the one for justice league so there's always hope

the butthole cut?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

still amazed that the original mortal kombat movie theme song still loving rips so hard

The Immortals is just a pseudonym for Lords of Acid

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I treid reading Hitchhiker's Guide when I was like 9 or something and didn't really get it because I had zero exposure to that kind of humor

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Starting a restaurant in the Tenet universe where I suck turds in my butt and spit out gourmet food

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I find it hard to believe there's an 18 year old posting here

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

An e-sports career is only slightly more realistic than 'winning the lottery' as a career.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

There was like a 3 day period where we thought we detected a Dyson Sphere, before someone came up with a better explanation for the data. No one really cared.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

it's an incredibly slow burn and everyone i've recommended it to has bounced off. but it's the best tv show on the planet

I can't believe Rhea Seahorn hasn't won an Emmy

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

My pet theory is Lalo ends up emtombed in the superlab, BCS is a hard show to make predictions about though

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

haveblue posted:

literally every time I see that show come up I have to remind myself it's not related to resident evil

same

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

still waiting on a superman movie where he beats bizarro to death while crying

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The theaterical version is widescreen, all of Zack Snyder's footage was originally shot in 4:3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

PCjr sidecar posted:

shut the gently caress up about the butt boy movie

They're making a sequel and offering you the lead