Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Achmed Jones posted:

I will watch the dune movie and it will be good. a friend convinced me to re-read the book and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm having some trouble with my eyes so I dunno if/when I'll be able to. good thing kindles can use huge text size I guess

The Audiobook they have on Audible is e.deece, IMO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all based on a d20 modern campaign

I strongly approve your use of the "Snipe pages with a depiction of horrible violence" meme from the Pictures thread.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I listened to the first four Hitchhiker's Guide books. They aren't as good as I remembered them, seriously wondering whether to even try the fifth.

I also misread "Martin Freeman" as "Morgan Freeman" and was sorely disappointed.

:shrug:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

pointsofdata posted:

Are there any good, pulpy sci fi books which aren't like super racist or something. noir will do as well

I liked Into Thin Air which is martian noir.

Much better than the Altered Carbon books (with which it is noncontiguous) and Thirteen (with which it shares a continuity but not any direct plot).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:nice:

E: Boo that yospos.css doesn't fix that. Goddamnit, Radium...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The local PBS showed Blackadder and Red Dwarf after Austin City Limits, followed by Doctor Who. I once saw the one with the kiddo with the gas mask asking “are you my mummy” and noped the gently caress out so goddamn hard.

:shudder:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

we got the english pervert (are you being served, one foot in the geave) shows instead of dr who after red dwarf and blakadder

Those were Sunday afternoon by us (before Laurence Welk, after which was Red Green).

Sunday night was Keeping Up Appetences then Masterpiece Theater (rerun).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

...Usul has called a big one?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So I'm watching an LP of the 2009 Ghostbusters bideo shame. It starts with Janine taking a call the upshot of which being that the caller wants to summon a dead family member to ask the combination to a safe and that the Ghostbusters "don't do that kind of thing" and now I'm falling down a rabbit hole thinking about the overall weirdness of the Ghostbusters' business model, ethically speaking?

E: And that's setting aside the deeply problematic nature of their overall "gently caress the EPA" stance.

E2: Also, if they're walking around with nuclear reactors on they backs would it even be an EPA issue? Seems more like an NRC matter?

E3: Also Slimer was a loving Act One Boss not the goddamn mascot! Is this game following Movie Canon or Animated Series Canon (and, if so, which one?)

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 26, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
But, like, it's not clear to me that what they're doing is even legal. And this was back in the 1980s when businesses had to at least pretend that there was such a thing as laws? I mean, they still didn't follow them but the animate dead appear to be persons being kidnapped and held, outside of state supervision or accreditation, by private industry?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It's true. This man has no dick.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

I'm a fan of Elan Sleazebaggano™, a male Balosar slythmonger who was present on Coruscant, the capital of the Galactic Republic, during the Separatist Crisis. He tended to tour Coruscant's nightclubs to sell his addictive death sticks.

Oh is this what the signoff on Expounded Universe is from?

I've literally never seen any of the Stars War except the 3+1 (I played the Westend d20 RPG and read maybe the first two Zahn novels as well?)

:shobon:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
My favorite innovated was the different tiers of damage (Personal/Speeder/Walker/Fighter/Capital). It was like a more-nuanced version of the Palladium MDC (which was p.poo poo, IMO)?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Which (if any) of the Annos were worth playing? I'm running out of patience with Stellaris' weirdnesses and the limited ability to mod them away.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

El_Elegante posted:

ad astra was the most expensive and brilliantly polished turd I’ll see this year

Ad Astra Per Excremento?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

you can never put as much thought into the reproductive behavior of the Cars cars as people on the internet already have

i got probated for posting objectively hilarious rule 34 of a pregnant prius

I mean, they's buggos on a post-WALL-E earth aren't they?

Wasn't that the conclusion of the AV Club?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I say: suffer not the silica animus to live for ruin shall be its purpose.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Schadenboner posted:

I say: suffer not the simpsons to live for ruin shall be its purpose.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a definitive watch/skip list for Futurama?

I feel like I've tried to do watch-throughs of it but once I get to the ones where they make "Movies" (that were p.clearly just three or four epis taped together) I get real :flaccid: real quick?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sagebrush posted:

the zoidberg planet national anthem being the kirk/spock fight music is a nice touch

just watch up to the opera, which is a really nice and sweet ending for the series.

all the other stuff is bonus features

Devil Went Down To Fryland or whatever?

That one gave me v.legit feels IIRC?

Also the one with the rock doggo.

:(

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Was there one where the delivery company explodes and Fry is dead but they get one from an alternate reality where Lela and him hooked up based on a coin flip or some poo poo?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The Fool posted:

your mixing up a couple episodes

farnsworth parabox is a good one and has the coin-flip alternate dimension

fry being dead might have been from the first post-movie episode

I'm probably conflating from around the time I started losing interest in the binge?

E: Based on reviews of later seasons, I remain convinced that stopping my GoT watch with the season that ended with dragon lady on the ships or some poo poo was exactly the correct decision.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

haveblue posted:

maybe The Sting, where fry dies and leela thinks he's not really dead and slowly goes crazy and it was all a hallucination

Was that the space honey one?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

rotor posted:

the futurama movie where everything is D&D was really good and i love it

...Disenchantment?

:confused:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Starting to re-watch Disenchantment. This isn't as bad as I vaguely remembered it being?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
This is indeed q.-to-v.deece, I like the funny signs the stores have.

That was always good in Futurama too?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Just finished Embassytown and it makes no loving sense. What was at least an interesting problem (the absurd) washed away by MAGICAL VIRAL SEMIOTICS?

Protagonists journey from eager imperialist to anti-colonialist revolutionary was also completely unearned, like they got 85% of the way through and realized “wait, she’s a bit poo poo, innit?” and then she reads Space Fanon off-screen.

And the newly-enlightened noble savages even speak English because: of course they do!

:jerkbag:

E: Oh, and miss me with this “People totes just invent ideograms on the spot, guys!” poo poo...

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

:stare::hf::nfpa:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 9, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Based on listening to Steven Fry reading Sherlock Holmes Audible recommended me the Max Carrados stories (also read by Steven Fry).

They're like: "What if Sherlock Holmes was actually interesting and good and not just a loving cop?"

E: Also his superpower is blindness rather than cocaine and heroin?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 9, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I'm trying to make a Haddaway's "What is Love" joke but I really can't be arsed to give enough of a gently caress about the ReadyPlayerverse to actually do so?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

infernal machines posted:

well at least you took the time to tell us how lazy you are

I pass it along in the hope that one of you gently caress-givers about the ReadyPlayerverse may yet make this joke blossom!

:tipshat:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

indigi posted:

Ready Player None.

Insert Coin

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I just hope he doesn’t remember the TMNT/Simpsons 4-banger cabs?

:ohdear:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I don't really see the supposed drop-off in animation quality in Disenchantment between S1 and S2. Or in overall quality: it remaining p.-to-q.deece throughout. I hope it gets a S3?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Finally getting around to watching the back half of the last season of The Sad Horse Show.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 12, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I like this show's emotional honesty about how horrible Boston and Bostonians* are.

*: The residents of Boston, not the shoes which are q.-to-v.deece on the whole?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Finished The Sad-Brained Horse Show.

I feel like they shoulda ended it an episode earlier than they did?

:geno:

E: Don’t get me wrong, it was a good episode and even a decent final episode but it feels almost like it cheated by not having the second-to-last episode be the last one? :shrug:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Oct 13, 2020

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Jabor posted:

and then the writer gets hit by a speeding vehicle

"Shaggar'ed again!" (as the kids say these days).

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Rewatching Fall Of Eagles. Goddamn does this series have strong beard energy.

Also Patrick Stewart Lenin!

:3:

E: It's especially :lol: because, being a mid-70s BBC production, it's full of faces I'll recognize from 10-15 years later when they were some bit role in Yes, Minister or House of Cards or Jeeves and Wooster or some poo poo.

E2: Holy poo poo, Vera Ivanovna is Aunt Agatha! Maybe she was undercover heightening the contradictions? :aaaaa:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Chris Knight posted:

as did alien resurrection

I'm sorry, what did?