Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

science fiction

i prefer it hard

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
all based on a d20 modern campaign

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
oh yeah gotta post this in the new thread

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

e: for more hot Charlize Thereon but in sci-fi, I really liked The Old Guard that just came out. I don't know what the source material is but the movie is an action movie about a small group of immortal people dating back to Sumarian times that still do figthing poo poo. Not great, but its a fun shlocky movie

lol that was also her background in hancock

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

I feel like the final The Expanse book is gonna suck

the last one sure did yeah

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i'd argue that willingly leaving the safety and comfort of a post-scarcity utopian society in favor of exploring deep space and dying horribly of some bullshit like getting eaten by your klingon shipmate when a space virus de-evolves him into a monster is a confounding bias for midlife crisis events

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
where da moviez at

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Casual Encountess posted:

I just finished kitty and the midnight hour and its absolutely fine as a beach read. who doesn't love a good story about werewolves fuckin? i guess there's a whole narrative universe here looking into it, but i've really kind of enjoyed my library's "available now" button for finding real dumb poo poo to read quick on my kindle.

i keep putting off iain m banks because the hype is huge here, but altered carbon was bad and the quantum magician was like mildly better. i'm still working my way up to a ~*serious*~ novel.

can the werewolves transform just their dicks or what

because otherwise, gross

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

fart simpson posted:

degloving does it for me

i saw this up close once when i worked construction

we were up on a gantry and i had to get the guy back onto a scissorlift as he bled everywhere. dude ended up losing his first two fingats

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Kazinsal posted:

by far the best part of that movie. I saw it in theatres because my buddy was like "it's based on a really good light novel" and I thought, okay, he's not some kinda weird tentacles anime pervert, so I'll give it a go and by the halfway mark I was trying to guess the next way that tom cruise would get the dianetics ripped out of him

i liked the part where the mean lady told mission impossible that you can't cum the time travel into someone and stopped him right in his tracks lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Uptime Sinclair posted:

better or worst than doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

lol drat

though it was funny watching an entire cohort of nerds learn that they didn't actually like doctor who, just david tennant

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
tardis

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i am also cursed with this hair type

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i thought it was interesting that they had a portion of the movie where the groundhog day victim could actually die for real

the premise that you've spent hundreds or thousands or more days in a row violently dying (or not having consequences) and then suddenly having to reverse that thinking is cool

reminds me of the time i spent all night playing GTA and then hopped in my car to grab breakfast and just baja'd over a concrete wheel stop and clipped a dumpster leaving the parking lot

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

there are space jews in Hyperion

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yeah it owns

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i assumed the multi-year gaps in their release schedule was what killed venture bros

yeah yeah animation scheduling but that still seemed too long even for that

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i watched the entire run of other space today while working

the hot at&t lady is horny in it. also joel and croooooow are there

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
the version i downloaded has yahoo vanity cards at the start and end of each 'sode

they end on the yahoooooooooooooo one

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

my main question before I commit to watching it: just how horny is the AT&T girl

hornier than when she was on silicon valley

oh yeah pillboi from the good place is on the crew too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Carthag Tuek posted:

stop being gross dudes

that woman was literally harassed to tears by horny internet dudes like last week

leave her alone you nerds

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

qirex posted:

the legal rights of ghosts not being established I guess running nuclear equipment in an area not zoned for it was clearly illegal and actionable

yeah they conveniently leave out any mention of handling and storing fissile material. they even mention right in the beginning how they're all walking around with illegal unlicensed reactors on their backs, which seems like a contamination issue

maybe in ghostbusters 1985 you can just walk into any corner store and buy some plutonium

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i was always thrown off by the mayor of new york deferring to the archdiocese

taught me at a young age to never vote for a catholic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

rotor posted:

i remember being surprised, after many years of watching Dukes of Hazzard, that cops could just arrest you in whereever and that crossing the county line didn't mean poo poo.

state police don't care about county lines but the county sheriff sure does

city cops also can't arrest you outside of city limits

i mean it's trivial for them to just call up whoever has jurisdiction if you're getting near, say, the state line even. but it is a thing

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
but anyway those duke boys were actually able to operate so successfully as criminals due the poorly-funded law enforcement of their poverty-stricken rural county, which meant the sheriff's office was understaffed and filled with the incompetent and easily bamboozled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ah yeah, it looks like california allows that if they're pursuing a warrant or something

man i would be a terrible moonshiner

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

bustin’ bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin’ bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin’ bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin’ bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin' bustin'

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Xaris posted:

they suck and acting/dialog is dogshit, but at least lucas had a vision and passion for poo poo. these days i generally like more endearing-passion even if the final product is garbage because at least you can see some humanity behind it. that's more than i can say about the jjabraquels

yeah the new ones don't take any chances and are generally just kinda bland

like yeah the prequels are mostly not great but i'll take racist aliens and child murder over just dropped character arcs all over the place

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
ds9: you have gay sex in the airport bathrooms now

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
man it don't even matter when it's arcturian

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Improbable Lobster posted:

also i'm pretty sure a big part of my attachment to stars wars comes from having gay crushes on all the male leads before i realized how gay i am

yeah star wars rules

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Also I got fined £65 for driving down a controlled zone that didn't used to be there on my way back from the cinema and I'm blaming Nolan for that

lol this would deeply offend christopher nolan's libertarian rear end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

indigi posted:

wait, the bad guy from Wild Wild West is in this? now I'm excited

and in the third act? giant fuckin spider

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
reimagining fight club as a dudes rock movie

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

weird that james camerons ex wife would know exactly whats needed to entrap someone in an underwater tomb

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

you can never put as much thought into the reproductive behavior of the Cars cars as people on the internet already have

i got probated for posting objectively hilarious rule 34 of a pregnant prius

e: lol i forgot that the reason was "toyota prius vagina" as if that's actually a thing that could be offensive. humans don't have the ability to comprehend whatever it was

lol

also goddamnit jraph way to not link the rap sheet to the image