Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Uptime Sinclair posted:

indigi’s probe caused me to learn that cspam has its own animated probe av. neat. i wonder what such a thing would/should look like in yospos

perhaps moose milkie’s av in a kennel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

maybe ben sisko is just having one big long midlife crisis throughout DS9. he begins the series being listless and unable to connect with his son. then he finds religion, gets a fancy new star ship, gets a new girlfriend, and has several health scares/disassociations with reality.

he even builds a sail ship, sails it around the neighborhood, and then shows it off to his biggest rival to prove a point.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok finally finished dunc pt 1

i'm deciding that paul and his mom go off into the desert and live happily ever after with the cool sand guys, so i don't really need to watch part 2

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

VilDune didn't have a chance, trying to follow up on

now that i’ve watched denisdune i’m tempted to go and watch daviddune.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

sounds like my kinda thing, i don’t care what’s happening in movies, i just want pretty pictures

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the more that is explained about dune the less it makes sense

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

the real play is bicycles.

easily serviced, efficient, silent. can go more places than a motor vehicle.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mad max but it’s roving bike couriers in the post apocalyptic streets of new york city

they fight over liquor and spare parts

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mystes posted:

I don't think anything about the mad max movies actually makes sense if you think about it at all, so I would suggest turning off your brain

yeah i had to shut off my brain after the start of mad max fury road.

i was thinking "what's the deal with all these weird looking guys? why are they painted all white? why do they need this guy's blood?". but it's not supposed to make sense, i just gotta vibe with it

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

how much you think they get for that?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i watched the first fallout episode, i enjoyed it well enough. the brotherhood power armor is not that great cgi though, it looked not great.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

I don't know if this is the joke you're making but the power armor is real people in real costumes.

no way it looks like poo poo

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Agile Vector posted:

one of the suits walked out on stage at the game awards next to the main cast

I mean, I'm sure it being flung into the distance in that one scene was cgi, but there's no way they could render a full goggins on-stage in realtime

i'm mostly thinking of the scene where they're walking across the airfield in the first episode. it looked very marvel movie to me, in a bad way.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i watched that show.

they end the series on a big cliffhanger

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

what

maybe it was a mercy killing lol

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah i liked it too. i thought their treatment of the android was pretty good, i found it more grounded than data from tng

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

qirex posted:

dark matter apparently had sufficient audience to continue, it got canceled because there was split ownership between two production companies and scifi didn't like that

it didn't get really stupid until the very end [SPACE JAPAN!]

yeah that plot line didn't do a whole lot for me either.

why can't we have like space korea?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol at least once a month I look through the Kindle Scifi/Fantasy deals section, usually 7 or 8 pages of book deals starting with more well-known stuff but as you get to the last couple of pages :eyepop:

i'm the tribal tattoos

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

its good that in the modern age of kindle self publishing you can choose exactly the amount of weird sex stuff you want in your pulp sci fi/fantasy. back in the day authors would just surprise you at random 3/4 the way through a book. or randomly in sequels since dune is on everyone’s minds

yeah it seems like romance kinda stuff is a bit more common/accepted.

they've turned from bodice ripper covers with ripped fabio dudes to just kinda boring covers though it's interesting. i just pulled this one from goodreads, but half of the new romance novels these days just have illustrated, sedate covers designed to catch millennials.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

for fallout, i’ve only watched the first episode, but why does nobody immediately clock the raiders? like presumably they’ve been swapping couples for generations, you’d think it would be incredibly obvious

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hell i have a soft spot for all the tng/ds9 filler episodes.

like the one where the alien artifact slowly transforms the ship is my jam. so 90s.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

and then there’s the one with his parents dying, over and over again

poor daniel

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

oh yeah there's one with teal'c dying over and over again too isn't there.

does sam get a dying over and over episode?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

real vampires cant gently caress, if you are readin a book and theres vampires bangin its not canon

checks out, twilight vampires aren’t real vampires.

they need inhumanness so they become an allegory for human’s thirst for power.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

people were talking about 4:3 and 16:9 tv shows so i'm importing that discussion over here.

what's the deal with the star trek releases and this? i figured they were all 4:3 since it was broadcast tv, and that's what the dvds from the library i've been getting have all been. i think the release netflix had was widescreen, and with new special effects, but i have no idea how they got there.

the dvds are also weird, you can tell they're bad quality for a dvd. like i also picked up stargate sg1 and the quality is much better, actually looks ok on my laptop screen? it's also widescreen but i have no idea what the did with that either.

also on a side note, when i got the dune dvd (shut up i don't have a way to watch blurays) it also kinda looked worse than you'd expect a dvd to. like mad max looked much nicer than dune did.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

ok i’m probably just misremembering then it’s been a while.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

man i tried to re-watch that recently and i do not remember the main characters being such creeps. they’re constantly being extremely problematic with women and outright harassing some of the characters/extras

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

sorry, i’m talking about psych.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

and yet when i do this they kick me out of the store?!?!

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

found this on randomwaffle

why is paul atreides on the bridge of the enterprise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

hell yeah i love sex and violence!