Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night i finally watched rise of skywalker. I liked it, they tied up loose ends, it wasnt actively bad like prequels

then i put attack of the clones on today to nostalgize, made it ten minutes and turned it off in favor of RLM's review of it. better in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so holy poo poo i'm watching Atomic Blonde (2017) and its not scifi but is one hell of a cold war artistic color balance cold war nutshot asskicker movie and i literally never heard of it 4 hours ago

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Achmed Jones posted:

I watched fury road again last night and it was a very good decision. furiosa doesn't scream much but fury road is always worth watching

i jerked off a bit on the nzb site and got the super high res color and b&w versions and ngl the black+chrome edit is really, really, really good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
this movie is 97% Severe Bangs and Makarovs and i love it

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

there are so, so, so, so many fights in that movie.

im actually 39 minutes in to this film in real time and i feel like ive watched seven hours of straight up no holds barred rear end beating so far

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok its over and holy poo poo what a loving good god drat action spy movie. wowwww

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

try anna for more of the same. it was deece.

i will!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
last night's feature film: The Old Guard (2020)

i guess im on a charlize kick

I enjoyed it a great deal and it was fun without feeling superhero-ey, and is obviously set up for some sequels, which i will also watch.

one of the queerer comic-based films that ive seen too. it's good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Yeah ive got like 3 versions of fury road including black+chrome. its gorgeous

indigi posted:

is the new Bill and Ted worth seeking out

i heard it's funny and not a disappointment, which is about as good as we get these days

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

so if i want to try out that ridley scott raised by wolves show if have to get hbo max? a regular hbo subscription won't cut it, really? it doesn't even appear when i search on prime video.

pm sent

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I am intrigued

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i knew a guy who was going to buy a new car. He fancied himself a captain of industry dork that was all into the Capitalism.

He made a spreadsheet of MSRP and Horsepower and a third column that was column A divided by column B, and sorted low to high on column C

and then blindly went and bought that

And that's how this dude I worked with bought a brand new Chevy HHR, which blew the turbo 5k miles in.

Anyways he was really into Torchwood. That's the point of the story.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here we gooooo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
watched s01e01 of Raised By Wolves last night. holy poo poo. not what i expected at all. looking forward to continuing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
it feels like a super hosed up Lost In Space or something. really good premise and I for one always appreciate a good religious cult in space dimension

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Casual Encountess posted:

why is it always space catholics? every now and again there's like space mormons in the expanse or like in ender's game, but nobody else. I think there's space muslims in Pitch Black but I can't recall any other muslims in space. where the space protestants at???

the literal cornerstone of protestantism is schism and freaking the gently caress out and starting your own splinter organization when you have the slightest disagreement with management. They're intrinsically unsuited to space travel, which requires large, collaborative projects to be pulled off flawlessly.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

y'all know that before the protestants end of monarchy there were continuous, frequently violent schisms in catholicism? for like 1 month in the 15th century there were 3 popes

yeah and we GOT IT OUT OF OUR FUCKIN SYSTEM and now the only real divide in incense and chanting land are the weirdos who don't acknowledge vatican ii. It's ok to bicker, just don't make it your modus operandi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

anyway Jonny290 have you seent he anime Death Parade? it's like a buddhist version of The Good Place

neato. queued

also commenting on the 40k ref above: big agree

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a RBW question
why did Mother blindfold herself when she went in the snow nursery with all the kids

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
e2 watched. hell fuckin yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its already signed for s2 so yeah i hope they can hold it together

---

https://the-delta-flyers.captivate.fm

this is a dumb little podcast with garrett wang and robert mcneill (harry kim and tom paris on voyager). its technically an episode recap type show but they spend most of their time just talking about what it was like to work on the show. its not edgy or super enlightening, just two nice guys remembering the old tv show days. pretty pure

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Casual Encountess posted:

it annoyed me that the plot of altered carbon hinged on space catholics

Mass Effect

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Uptime Sinclair posted:

i will probably never watch the nurse ratched show because why. why would anyone

did they really do a grimdark gritty nurse ratched origin story

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hell yeah

---

also i expect a lot of people, particularly parents, are going to Not Like The RBW First Episode at all. I of course adore the show so far

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ngl i am kind of holding for an eizouken dub

i know, i'm a lovely gaijin piece of poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anime oppression in the scifi thread is anti japanese racism. you can probate or ban me for this post but that doesnt make it any less true

i will try to not absolutely poo poo this thread up with eva clips or w/e but banning video from the land of the rising sun is hamfisted and dull

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Glorgnole posted:

i thought this show was going to be really goofy but it actually mostly works and i'm into it now

the focus on eyes is really revealing and interesting

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
here. here's my eva post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y

please give us 3.0 + 1.0 already Anno-sama

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
redline is so loving good yes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my top 3 drawn works are the original eva series (obvs), heavy metal, and the secret of kells. the latter i watched on a nice handful of mushrooms once and it was a pure ray of wonder the whole time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my hair is now long enough that i can do a bun

i cant pull of the samurai topknot just yet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont watch the netflix dub. its bad.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i tried watching eva on netflix. is it like mega abridged or something? the opening made no sense, the boy being a giant pussy made no sense, and his chaperone chick being all thirst bait detracted from everything too idk.

NGE is a show about major depression, isolation, and self-determination, masquerading as a giant robot show. there are cool fights yes but thats not the point.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
haha

who's a very special dragon?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
started a fun new show but discussion is embargoed itt so just idk just watch whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
right now i'm watching abraham lincoln: vampire hunter which is definitely not one!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
halftime update: holy poo poo this movie is good and i hate every single review that's all BuT iT tAkEs iTsElF tOo sErIoUsLy like thats the whole god drat point you absolute hack

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
im kind of all over the place these days but here's the latest stack

note that media from that island nation off the coast of china is not included here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol the first aeon flux i downloaded was the 3d version so it's left and right frames. anyways

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
btw lmaooo the prequels suck so loving bad yall. i mean you knew this but. oh my god

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i cannot think of one character in the 90s movies that i actually have any affection for but i guess i might grumble and say obi wan? like he's an enormous anal retentive nerd that quotes jedi glossaries all day but yeah i guess he's one of the least bad roles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that's actually kind of hosed up now that you mention. god they feel so 99