Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

was this any good? i heard bitcoin was featured in it

it was featured in it the same way dollars are featured in other shows, it is just the name of the currency

also the seventh tremors movie just came out and it stars napoleon dynamite alongside michael gross
napoleon dynamite replaces jamie kennedy as the sidekick so it is at least an upgrade
it is so low budget that the stunt crew are the only featured extras and one of them kept switching between an undercut and having her hair pinned back to look like an undercut if you weren't paying attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

its a pretty fun, dumb movie

duz
Jul 11, 2005

duz
Jul 11, 2005

wasnt one of them related to the building owner which is how they explained away the apartments?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

this comes right after a fake one take fight scene where tony jaa runs across building roofs fighting mooks
it is quite the movie

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

i rented the captain america vhs a lot when i was a kid. that was a different era. i think MCU is only for the modern ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs8rFsmhNTc

pff, get out of here with that matt salinger nonsense, give me reb brown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6UJ6hdT7g

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I liked keanu in dracula. he was a stupid noble after all

agree, i thought he was fine as his character
sure they could have cast a better actor but that is almost always true of any role

duz
Jul 11, 2005

i like westworld, it has robots shooting at things and things shooting at robots

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

so does terminator watch t2 instead

i have already seen that tho

duz
Jul 11, 2005

first episode of the new adaptation of the stand dropped yesterday and its doing that thing where they keep cutting back and forwards in time, i'm not sure i like that part of it but i also had to keep referring to the cast list of the previous adaptation so i could remember which character was which so i might be biased
will have to see how it feels in the next episode

Achmed Jones posted:

i ran out of melville films so I'm watching the five venoms again and not falling asleep this time

Shaw brothers rules

ive been slowly watching their films on amazon prime and i just watched five elemental ninjas, they make fun movies

duz
Jul 11, 2005

echinopsis posted:

poo poo man that means it sounded perfect sorry your ears are hosed

tenet must have been real memorable coz i was talking to my gf who saw it with me at the movies and took me about 5 minutes before she was like "oh the one with the hot black dude" lol

actually dude from the twilight movies was good in it

robert pattinson is great in everything he does, only reason i'm exited for yet another batman reboot is cause he's the batman

duz
Jul 11, 2005

spent the weekend watching the lord of the rings trilogy, still amazed they managed to make them so good and not gently caress it up like they did 10 years later with the hobbit

duz
Jul 11, 2005

if you read the article it's 100% conjecture, they made up something to be mad about to drive clicks

duz
Jul 11, 2005

quote:

Here's why Netflix cut the scene where Tod (Chad Donella) mimics hanging himself from their version of Final Destination.
It is likely that Netflix cut this scene out due to its triggering contents.
If they chose to cut the two-second scene on the plane
if Netflix removed it in order to avoid controversy

the jerkiest off of jerk off motions

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

they actually did remove the scene though

no, the scene is missing
there is currently nothing to indicate that netflix removed it or ordered it removed despite the article title

duz
Jul 11, 2005

netflix are a bunch of shits but they dont edit movies, thats the sort of thing that gets the dga to shut you down

duz
Jul 11, 2005

bump_fn posted:

it’s missing on the netflix service why would you think the filmmakers gave them a special cut instead of the version on blu-ray and dvd

because thats how netflix works, the filmmakers upload the digital copy that netflix provides
sometimes they gently caress up and upload the airline version or something

duz
Jul 11, 2005

that is all true and still is not a sign that they broke dga contracts and started editing movies without notice

duz
Jul 11, 2005

yes, there should be statutory licensing for all copyrighted works

duz
Jul 11, 2005

indigi posted:

are there any Kung fu movies (old or current) that primarily star women

e: I mean actually good ones, not ones with women for marketing/titillation purposes

this year i watched the three jeeja yanin starred in, chocolate, raging phoenix and this girl is bad-rear end!!
the first two look to be on tubi and other places, the third is an action comedy and was rather fun but doesn't seem as freely available

duz
Jul 11, 2005

he got really method with playing kirk, huh?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

chris evans is indistinguishable from captain america to me, boring boy scout who looks like every hockey player business school bro in canada, maybe he's a weirdo but i bet his idea of a freaky night is doing it with the lights on

his dad is a dentist and that really fits with him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwL8wlBMflA

duz
Jul 11, 2005

echinopsis posted:

as far as i could tell, you’ve got people who are
under direct influence from max who are driving down a road and you’ve got kids innocently playing on the street and she tries to save them before they get hit

was it really any deeper than that?

it mirrors a real life situation where the idf killed four palestinian children playing soccer, except this time the israeli is saving them instead of killing them

duz
Jul 11, 2005

rjmccall posted:

wizards have so much teleportation magic that makes that train pointless. like maybe it’s traditional but shouldn’t wizards have their own older tradition that isn’t a magical clone of muggle tech?

i think in-universe, children aren't supposed to be using any sort of teleportation magic which must make vacation travel with a child even worse knowing you could have just teleported there

duz
Jul 11, 2005

mystes posted:

Dear scifi thread, nothing about the world of harry potter actually sense if you think about it. It's all just written to be whimsical and based on what JK Terfling needed to happen in the story at any given time.

It's meaningless to start analyzing it and that was my point in comparing John Wick to it. I absolutely wasn't trying to start a harry potter derail and you should all be ashamed.

so are you trying to say that in the john wick universe assassins just poo poo wherever they are and shoot at the poo poo to make it disappear?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

i, uh, heard this takes a very very bad turn in the third act

duz
Jul 11, 2005

echinopsis posted:

bad as in, she starts being a chud?

or bad as in she stops being a rapist murderer

or bad like, just heaps of foot closeups?

or bad like U G L Y by daphne and celeste

shaggy comes in and says “it wasn’t me”?

from wiki cause im not typing it all up

nina = her friend who was raped and committed suicide because no one believed her
al = the guy who raped her friend

When alone with Al, she handcuffs him to a bed and attempts to carve Nina's name into him with a knife, but Al manages to free his arm and suffocate her with a pillow. Al's friend Joe helps cover up the death by burning Cassie's body in the woods. Cassie's parents file a missing person report, and when questioned by investigators, Ryan lies and says he doesn't know where Cassie was the weekend prior.

At Al's wedding, Ryan receives scheduled texts from Cassie stating that her plan isn't over. It is revealed that Cassie informed Jordan where she would be if she were to go missing and who is responsible. The police find her remains in the woods and arrest Al at the wedding.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

The_Franz posted:

on opposite day

nobody i watched it with liked it, including one weeby guy

we assumed you included yourself in that

duz
Jul 11, 2005

i forget which thread posted the fight scenes from it, but i finished the high&low movies and they are pretty awesome, more movies need 100 v 100 fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl8EPQBloDI

duz
Jul 11, 2005

sorry, im drunk, i dont mean the fight scenes were awesome, i meant the movie series was awesome, kind of like logh was cause there's a couple dozen main characters and im a sucker for that
the fight scenes were a firm pretty good, the shear number of them helps bump up the average

duz
Jul 11, 2005

yes, genndy tartakovsky does good work

duz
Jul 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/OQueen35/status/1344883911218794496

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

hey so, what's wojack

elmer fudd's antitheft device

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the watch is a bit of a letdown, probably will keep watching it tho cause i like the aesthetic and its not bad, just dull
its a la croix of an adaptation, made by someone who heard the idea of pratchett

duz
Jul 11, 2005

infernal machines posted:

so i guess it's just a trend in comedy writing then? don't write any jokes, just make absolutely everything "situational comedy"

yes it is, when you cast an snl actor you can tell them to riff instead of writing jokes for them to tell

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sweevo posted:

cg has ruined the movie industry. it's too easy to add whatever bullshit you want, so everything ends up being written by idiots who think 10x more effects = 10x better movie

i think it is more that it is too easy to demand the effects crew add whatever bullshit
when you need to have the physical effects done in advance of shooting, you have to know what you want and then when shooting you know where to put it and what it looks like
if you are a lazy/busy director you can skip all that planning and just tell the effects crew to put something there after you have finished shooting and make them figure it out

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

yeah that was the worst part of new ghostbusters imo. it felt like they were all improvising jokes, which is fine sometimes, but paul feig was like "omg you're all so funny let's just leave it all in" instead of having a script or an editor

like there's a scene where they're walking through the subway and it's dark and spooky and in any other film they would have been mostly quiet because they're meant to be nervous. but in this movie they're just cracking bad jokes one after the other and going on and on about how it smells like pee. it was like a bad podcast

there were scenes where you could see a sliver of the other actors and their movements wouldn't match up between cuts because they were using different reaction takes, it was bad

duz
Jul 11, 2005

rotor posted:

i watched an uwe boll movie the other day because i was tired of scrolling around on netflix and it had burt fuckin reynolds in it wtf

in the name of the king is a trilogy
no, burt isn't in the others

duz
Jul 11, 2005

the 3d in dredd is amazing because the drugs they use gently caress with the 3d, it is a great combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

SmokaDustbowl posted:

then you should watch my little pony or little witch academia

so im a spider, so what started airing, hope its good so i can watch it along with the new season of slime and have a nice isekai block once a week