Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
his name is a posting word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
also watch the old guard on netflix

if charlize theron is the new liam neeson I’m ok with that

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I liked how seemingly half the movie is spent retconning the last jedi and only then can the real plot begin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it was a comic book, op

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Uptime Sinclair posted:

indigi’s probe caused me to learn that cspam has its own animated probe av. neat. i wonder what such a thing would/should look like in yospos

> jail -u [target] -c stop.timeout=21600

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
one of the movies most entirely eclipsed by its theme song, justifiably

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeet the Police

ACAB (all cops are ballistic)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it was a good joke

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
doesn't she specifically tell him she already tried that

also the best part is the little eye rolls she does every time she has to euthanize him in robot training

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
they all but renamed the movie LIVE DIE REPEAT because nobody knew what "edge of tomorrow" actually means

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
finally watched solo

an agreeably average star war

and yes donglover is the best part

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there are space jews in Hyperion

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
didn't protestantism only happen because henry viii wanted to divorce his wife

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
dune uses fictional religions that are remixes of real-life sources. in pitch black they literally identify as followers of the same islam that exists in the real world

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
gruesome broomstick murder

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
12 episodes of a half hour show with commercials removed is less than 5 hours, that's not unreasonable if it's something that really grabs you and you have nothing else to do that day

12 episodes of a streaming drama at 50-70 minutes per is a bit much though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
AT&A

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's a sequel to the movies and you should be imagining the alyssa milano character is actually dana (sigourney weaver didn't want in until it was too late)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Schadenboner posted:

It's true. This man has no dick.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FMguru posted:

general grievous - an entirely cgi robot character - is the only person in the entire prequel trilogy who seemed to be having any fun at all

and he's treated way better in the animated series too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
at the time he was clearly a parody of dick cheney but reality turned the tables

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

weird that james camerons ex wife would know exactly whats needed to entrap someone in an underwater tomb

:thurman:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roosevelt posted:

is this describing the calligraphic S i would draw on my notebooks in middle school?

yes. the brain damaged space necromancer drew a Cool S

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

El_Elegante posted:

put a train in a tunnel

waves wash over a man and a woman rolling around the sand

the bit in Cars where the main character and his love interest go on a nice drive and enter a tunnel together was an incredibly weird and tangled bit of symbolism that I don't want to think too hard about

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there are very few futurama episodes that are straight up bad and even those have a couple of decent jokes in them

but yeah, almost all the candidates are after the first cancellation

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Fool posted:

your mixing up a couple episodes

farnsworth parabox is a good one and has the coin-flip alternate dimension

fry being dead might have been from the first post-movie episode

maybe The Sting, where fry dies and leela thinks he's not really dead and slowly goes crazy and it was all a hallucination

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
my favorite joke in the entire series is from whichever episode it was that had the history museum

VO: "here we see a 20th century assembly line, where cars were assembled by primitive robots"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i love how they changed the tone to one of reverence

one day alice; bang, zoom, straight to the moon

Space travel began with one man. A man with a dream.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Unless something is done quickly, the trapped robots will be dead within 300 years."

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there will probably be theaters in most countries outside the US at that point tbh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
vin diesel is a big nerd

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ready player one 2: a new challenger approaches

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the list is on wikipedia and I had never heard of any of them besides the dune books

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
lost sputtered out around season 3 because you can't write a story for a potentially infinite length of time. at that point the episodes got so trash they were able to go to the suits and negotiate how much longer the series would last, and then the plot started moving again

they still beefed the ending, of course. it was so bad and so famously bad that the joker makes fun of it in one of the batman video games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

infernal machines posted:

i'm pretty sure heroes was conceived and pitched as an anthology where they follow a different group of mutants every season. after the first season blew up the network told them they had to keep the characters people liked, and welp.

matches what I remember too, there was no plan for anyone past the conclusion of season 1 so they just started making poo poo up as they went along. I guess that means it was ahead of its time because anthology shows are fairly common these days

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the best ending I have ever seen is probably frisky dingo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sounds more like it learned the wrong lessons from the BSG reboot (I haven't watched it but intend to)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the miniseries and first 1.5 seasons of bsg are one of the best scifi tv shows ever made. after that, it has its moments but it's never as consistently good again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
big battlefleet goth gf