Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

last night i finally watched rise of skywalker. I liked it, they tied up loose ends, it wasnt actively bad like prequels

then i put attack of the clones on today to nostalgize, made it ten minutes and turned it off in favor of RLM's review of it. better in every way

everything with palpy was so much fun, but its all a mess trying to wrap things up cause they didnt plan anything at all for the trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

so if i want to try out that ridley scott raised by wolves show if have to get hbo max? a regular hbo subscription won't cut it, really? it doesn't even appear when i search on prime video.

i think if you sign in w/ ur tv provider u get it if you have an hbo subscription? idk? I got it as part of my att cellphone plan lol. probably wouldnt get it otherwise

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

better or worst than doctor who, a show so bad it could easily pass as a cruel imitation by jocks of what nerds like

torchwood is dr who x 10. its really bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

am I the only one who has no patience for weekly releases anymore? like I want to watch Raised By Wolves after the positive reviews it’s gotten here but I think I’d rather wait til all the episodes are out and watch them all in a few days

i think the way they're doing it is kinda smart cause they're protecting you from binging but also giving you 2 eps each release day. if there was more content to fill out the other days i dont think people would care as much.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Uptime Sinclair posted:

finished last ep of raised by wolves s1 last night and welp lol

my wife got very angry

it was hilarious

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

Battle of Balls Deep

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

i have tried to read walden like SO MANY TIMES but i just cant get past like 30 pages of talking about how to stay warm

it's extremely bad.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i was just gonna say that raised by wolves was dumb because its about magic space worms and religious nutjobs but thats basically what dune is, so its not the premise just the terrible, terrible, terrible execution.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dexter has probably the worst series finale of all time. tng has one of the best.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

the pilot of lost is one of the best pieces of tv ever, too bad about the rest of the show

I recently watched dexter and I couldn’t get over how bad the cops are at their jobs

Lost had 3 seasons of plot and then the network asked for 2 more and it fell apart. The pilot is legit great cause JJ directed it and hes a fantastic visual storyteller. he cant write for poo poo tho

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

wealth is a hell of a drug

also I have watched the first two episodes of raised by wolves and it seems pretty stupid? looks nice but the writing is baaad

it gets really bad and the end is hilarious.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Ted Lasso is real good. watch it before you cancel your free apple tv

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
nobody should watch std

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Amethyst posted:

star trek should have been cancelled after credits rolled on "in the pale moonlight"

Avery Brooks is so goddamned good and Sisko is the best captain

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Fool posted:

I liked atlantis and Jason momoa continues to be cool

atlantis is great fun

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

was this movie any good?

the action stuff was good but the rest was really bad

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I'm watching Ad Astra, I'm halfway through and just watched the space monkey scene and have a feeling that it was the high point of the film.

i laughed for a solid minute at that scene. its the most glorious shlock ive ever seen. but yeah, thats the only thing in the movie worth watching and the impact doesnt really work unless you watch the boring as poo poo pre-monkey stuff

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
reminder that if u havent watched it yet, The Vast of Night is super good and appropriately spoopy for halloween

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah maybe tone back some of the callbacks, but the boba fett armor but actually its timothy olyphant was good. if the guy at the end is bobba fett its gonna be dumb. i dont care at all about him and i hope his character canonically dies off screen

when the krayt dragon died i was like ok now loot its corpse for a pearl cause that gives u big attack and damage bonuses and then oh of course thats what they do cause the fan service can never stop.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a special kind of bad that could only have happened in the early/mid 90s

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
tony soprano is a giant baby and i guess thats the point of the show but i didnt really care enough to watch it past the first 4 or 5 eps.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

watched the first episode of raised by wolves

this is going places

quit while you're ahead

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
raised by wolves ends with the female android giving birth to a flying snake monster which eats blood/robot goo. she and the male android get in a shuttle with the snake and try to crash it into one of the holes in the planet, but it turns out the planet is hollow so they just come out the other side, the final shot of the season is a comically bad cgi flying snake monster flying away into the sky.

Shaggar fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 10, 2020

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
like it gave me a pretty good laugh, but its really not worth watching the show to get there.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Im watching thru legion again and then im gonna watch thru fargo again

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

fart simpson posted:

why not watch something new

there arent alot of new things worth watching

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
justified loving rules.

bosch the tv show is ok and bosch is never presented as a house/holmes type savant. bosch is an rear end in a top hat whos just smart enough to use the system to hide his crimes. if hes better than other cops its just because he actually does the work, not because he sees the things other people dont. hes an rear end in a top hat to his co-workers because he thinks they dont work as hard as he does and hes an rear end in a top hat to people he thinks are criminals because he has mommy issues.

the hero of the show is a defense attorney who spends her days fighting abusive cops, which of course would include bosch.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

TOOT BOOT posted:

the truth of it is boring

A lot of times talent is just being good at figuring out what you need to do and then streamlining practice and memorization

yeah. the trope of the natural genius is stupid. I think it comes from people not seeing all the practice that goes into stuff. like with sports most people probably played some or they see or hear about practice all the time so they get it. but with nerd poo poo the practice goes on in a room somewhere that most people will never see so they can't comprehend that mental skills require the same amount of practice and discipline as physics ones.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol. she made the best chess move

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
even then his character was a hockey player, so atleast theres some notion of physical training if not specifically for golf.

if they were to make that movie in modern adam sandler times tho, it would definitely be just a drunk dude who walks on to the course at a tournament and hits a ball perfectly.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
starcraft 2 is the good version of chess

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

bump_fn posted:

always happy to see a justified reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clgNsC48ln0

FX puts out some quality shows.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
in that last ep of fargo i liked the little touch of the smirk on the dead cop's face

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
unironic best movie of the year was The Vast of Night.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

matti posted:

is sopranos an actually good show? never watched that un

i tried to watch it 2 or 3 years ago and i couldnt get into it. tony is such an embarrassing baby and it doesnt matter if thats the point its just too boring to watch

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

heck yes this rules

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lord funk posted:

aww, dune was the only movie i have looked forward to seeing in an actual theater in a while. oh well

dune will still be in theaters but you wont have to go to theaters to see things with other people anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it apparently only costs like $150 to book a theater for a private showing. i bet i could convince my bubble of 5 people to go and see dune for 30 bucks each.

granted that's not imax but still better than watching it on a tv

$30/person for a private showing isnt bad at all. i'd pay that. maybe $40-50 for a private imax showing