Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

decypher posted:

Carr unlikely to play this week with that groin, right? He’s going to try and play but that’s a situation to monitor closely. If he cannot go, don’t even consider Agholor.

To me the second WR spot is between Cooks or Kupp

Edit; Carr got a limited practice in today which is an encouraging sign. I would, however, recommend to not play Agholor.

Yeah Agholor was a distant 4th for me as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Same dumb question I have asked about 5 times this year, but now it is for the finals:

Stafford (Q) vs TB
Lock @ LAC

I think TBs defense is better, but Lock is pretty bad. Leaning Stafford but I think Lock has a higher ceiling and lower floor.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
The last six weeks TB has given up the most points to wide receivers. They’re giving up 50pts a game on average in PPR to the position during that time. TB defense is not playing as well of late as they were to start the season.

Id monitor Stafford’s practice ahaha what am I saying. Stafford will start this week, and he’s got a decent matchup. I would personally not trust a rookie over Stafford in a decent matchup.

Edit:

All my words yet you already summed it up well:

Pain of Mind posted:

Leaning Stafford but I think Lock has a higher ceiling and lower floor.

decypher fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Dec 24, 2020

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

Same dumb question I have asked about 5 times this year, but now it is for the finals:

Stafford (Q) vs TB
Lock @ LAC

I think TBs defense is better, but Lock is pretty bad. Leaning Stafford but I think Lock has a higher ceiling and lower floor.

Lock is turrible and a playing Stafford would be my choice

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Watson or Hurts? 4 Point pass TD league with bonuses for big yards. It's such a debate for me!!!!

Also debating Lev Bell vs Gibson vs Zeke in a PPR.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Watson or Hurts? 4 Point pass TD league with bonuses for big yards. It's such a debate for me!!!!

Also debating Lev Bell vs Gibson vs Zeke in a PPR.

The Cowboys are really interesting on defense. They actually score pretty well fantasy points wise but notoriously cannot stop the run in real life. Hurts can get it done through the air and on the ground, and although it feels like he has a safe floor, can't forget he's still a rookie with limited experience and could also be completely horrible. I like his chances of having good production, though, especially on the ground.

The Bengals are a dog poo poo, god awful team and won't be able to stop Watson. Ignore last game. Every season some random poo poo team beats a super great team having a bad time. Steelers are dog poo poo right now too and the Bengals took advantage. The Texans are going to have their way with the Bengals. It's going to be a massacre, and Watson will be the reason why. Watson is due for some positive touchdown regression as well. Perfect timing.

As for the running backs, hmm. I am in a similar boat. I have Gibson and Zeke, and am mulling over Zeke. I think Zeke's volume will be safe regardless of what we saw with Pollard recently, and I'm hoping Zeke "makes a statement." I'm totally going on a hunch. If Gibson is out, I think I'd start Bell over Zeke, especially in PPR.

I am praying for a healthy Gibson so he can win us a championship. I want to start him so badly, but I don't know if I can.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

drat, really having a tough time deciding a QB for my championship.

Baker @ NYJ
Hurts @ DAL

Both could have massive games and both have been balling out lately.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

MakaVillian posted:

0.5 PPR championship game, need 2 WRs from this group:

Thielen @ NO
Kupp @ SEA
Cooks v CIN
Agholor v MIA

Would usually roll with Thielen and Kupp but Kupp has taken a back seat to Woods lately and hasn't been a top-25 WR since week 11. Seattle's defence hasn't been terrible for a few weeks and there's always the Jared Goof factor. I'm leaning to Thielen and Cooks.

Oh also should I start the Bills D (@ NE) or trust the Texans D against CIN?

I would go with Kupp and Cooks

Yeah the Seattle D has improved but tend to get carved up by WRs. Thielen has NO’s defense which is spooky

I’m rolling with the Bills this week. I wouldn’t trust Houston

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

drat, really having a tough time deciding a QB for my championship.

Baker @ NYJ
Hurts @ DAL

Both could have massive games and both have been balling out lately.

Same boat and Im all in on Hurts. My championship game roster is thus:

QB - Hurts
RB - Cook
RB - Swift
WR - Allen
WR - Samuel
TE - Kelce
FLEX - Either Gallman or Gibson
K - Koo
DST - Cleveland

Bench:

R.Wilson
Mayfield
Gibson
Gallman
Mattison
T. Johnson
Chicago DST

Im not feeling good about my WRs.

TommyGun85 fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 24, 2020

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.75 ppr for rb, 1 ppr for te

KHunt @NyJ
Fournette @Det
Logan Thomas vsCar

Currently have Hunt in, but his last week score doesn't inspire hope.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Need a flex if no RoJo covid miracle, half ppr:
Logan Thomas vs CAR
Rashard Higgins @ NYJ
Hunter Henry vs DEN
Wayne Gallman @ BAL

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

MacheteZombie posted:

.75 ppr for rb, 1 ppr for te

KHunt @NyJ
Fournette @Det
Logan Thomas vsCar

Currently have Hunt in, but his last week score doesn't inspire hope.

I like Lenny Fours here.

freeman posted:

Need a flex if no RoJo covid miracle, half ppr:
Logan Thomas vs CAR
Rashard Higgins @ NYJ
Hunter Henry vs DEN
Wayne Gallman @ BAL

I really like Logan Thomas out of these options.

Needing to pick Defense of the two facing teams that are trying to lose:

Browns @ Jets
Bears @ Jags

Also need to pick a QB:

Justin Hebert vs DEN
Baker Mayfield @ NYJ
Jalen Hurts @ DAL

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

I like Lenny Fours here.

I really like Logan Thomas out of these options.

Needing to pick Defense of the two facing teams that are trying to lose:

Browns @ Jets
Bears @ Jags

Also need to pick a QB:

Justin Hebert vs DEN
Baker Mayfield @ NYJ
Jalen Hurts @ DAL

Thanks! Leaning Browns here.

Dst:

Tampa @Det
Philly @Dal
Pitt vs Ind

Kinda leaning Tampa since Detroit has no coaches

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Cowboys defense will be without some of their starters: talented young safety Xavier woods , another woods, and now chronically broken Vander esh their super good linebacker.

Big bump for Jalen Hurts!

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Pick a QB:

Allen @ NE
Mayfield @ NYJ

Pick one to sit no PPR:

Josh Jacobs v Mia
Ridley @ KC
Aiyuk @ Ari
TY Hilton @ Pit
Fournette @ Det

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

dxt posted:

Pick a QB:

Allen @ NE
Mayfield @ NYJ

Pick one to sit no PPR:

Josh Jacobs v Mia
Ridley @ KC
Aiyuk @ Ari
TY Hilton @ Pit
Fournette @ Det

I say Mayfield, but that's because I'm going against Allen in my championship game.

I'd sit Aiyuk. SF has the 3rd string QB starting this week. I imagine more screen passes and a focus on the running game in this one.

I feel like I need home runs here because I'm facing a team who has averaged 140 points per week compared to my 120 points. I stole most of the possible RBs on the waiver wire to keep him from them (he is starting Dobbins and Giovani Bernard.).

I can always drop someone for the waiver wire for WRs.

RBs:

Kamara vs MIN
J Taylor vs. PIT

WRs:
Woods vs. SEA
Lamb vs. PHI
Coutee vs CIN

Bench::

Bowden vs. LV
Wilson vs. ARI
Ahmed vs. LV
Brown vs. SEA

DTaeKim fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 24, 2020

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018

dxt posted:

Pick a QB:

Allen @ NE
Mayfield @ NYJ

Pick one to sit no PPR:

Josh Jacobs v Mia
Ridley @ KC
Aiyuk @ Ari
TY Hilton @ Pit
Fournette @ Det

I'd stick with allen. He got you this far most likely and the jets are acting a bit better lately.
Your other options are really ty or aiyuk. I'd lean towards sitting TY because they'll manufacture touches for Aiyuk. But you could go either way and feel okay about it.

DTaeKim: I'd probably go Wilson over lamb or coutee if you want to swing for a possible 2 TD game. Assuming you have a flex.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Do I go with Gio Bernard or David Johnson for my RB2 assuming James Robinson isn't 100%?

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Dango Bango posted:

Do I go with Gio Bernard or David Johnson for my RB2 assuming James Robinson isn't 100%?

They have both had many previous "good" opportunities where they do nothing, so it is hard to feel confident playing either of them. I have the same decision and I am going to go with David Johnson assuming Duke Johnson is out, I think he is less likely to get <5 than Bernard.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Pain of Mind posted:

They have both had many previous "good" opportunities where they do nothing, so it is hard to feel confident playing either of them. I have the same decision and I am going to go with David Johnson assuming Duke Johnson is out, I think he is less likely to get <5 than Bernard.

David Johnson’s floor has been rather consistent this year! Duke still hasn’t practiced, so David looks like he’ll get the “full workload.”

Bernard has a decent matchup as well, however as mentioned before is on a dog poo poo team. You’d be lucky to not be forced to start Bernard.

Both backs are involved in the passing game as well. All things considers at this point, give me the back on the better offense.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

0.5 PPR. Championship Game. Got a W/T flex spot to fill.

Do I take a gamble and plug Kittle in?

Darius Slayton, Laviska Shenault, and Kendrick Bourne are my other options.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
I have the worst question, a kicker question:

I have an underperforming kicker (Prater). A waiver move will cost me $5 and it did not seem like my team was play-off bound so I never replaced him. Now I am in the finals where the difference between winning and losing is about $250. Is it worth replacing Prater with a better kicker? Normally kickers feel like they are fairly random, but he has only made 3 field goals in the last 5 weeks and has been on the injury report with back issues. There are a bunch of kickers with high projections available. I am leaning on replacing him since winning is more fun than not winning, and I don't want him to tweak his back mid-game and get nothing.

Top Options (no penalty for missed kicks, any field goal under 50 yards is 3 points, 50 and higher is 4):

Prater vs TB - not a top option, but there is no guarantee he does worse and it saves $5
Succop @ DET - most sites have ranked in the top 5 this week
Fairbairn vs CIN - most sites have ranked in the top 5 this week
Blankenship @ PIT - worse matchup, but he has been solid all year
Bass @ NE - he has done well with how prolific the offense has been, is weather a concern?

I am leaning one of Succop or Fairbairn, but they are kickers and I already wasted too much time thinking about this.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 25, 2020

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Can’t decide on a defense, too many options:

Bills @ Patriots
Saints vs Vikings
Cardinals vs 49ers

I have the Bills in there now but the Cardinals look like a super tempting matchup.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Pain of Mind posted:

I have the worst question, a kicker question:

When we’re talking about kicker projections, it’s usually only a matter of a field goal, at most. Switching to a better kicker is really about squeezing out every single point you can from your allotted roster spots, even if it’s three points.

If you feel like you’d like a better chance at a few minutes extra points this week, yeah, I’d pay the five bucks, and I’d go with Fairbairn.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Can’t decide on a defense, too many options:

Bills @ Patriots
Saints vs Vikings
Cardinals vs 49ers

I have the Bills in there now but the Cardinals look like a super tempting matchup.

I’d stick with the Bills.

Edit: Lemme restate that a bit. I’d stick with the Bills for the floor, the Cards probably have a higher ceiling this week.

generic one fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Dec 25, 2020

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Shroomie posted:

0.5 PPR. Championship Game. Got a W/T flex spot to fill.

Do I take a gamble and plug Kittle in?

Darius Slayton, Laviska Shenault, and Kendrick Bourne are my other options.

I think I’d take Kittle on a snap count over any of those three. Maybe that’s just me, though.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Battle of the broken tight ends - Gronk or Kittle?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’ve had Tonyan in for Kittle since he went down. Thinking of just rolling Tonyan again because of the risk. Worth it? 0.5 PPR.

Artonos
Dec 3, 2018
All Kittle questions basically boil down to does he get a TD. If he's on a snap count he'll probably be playing in the red zone but won't get his normal volume.

Trubisky @ JAX
Goff @ SEA
Matt Ryan @ KC

My dynasty league I ended up with three qb's and it's a weird situation. All three have good matchups. Trubisky has somehow looked more consistent lately though even though he's probably the worst of the 3.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Gotta pick two FLEX in .5 PPR, and Gaskin's COVID/Robby Anderson's flop last week have me in overthinking-it mode:

Myles Gaskin @ LV
Robby Anderson @ WSH

Alan Lazard v TEN
James Conner v IND
Nelson Agholor v MIA

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

tarbrush posted:

Battle of the broken tight ends - Gronk or Kittle?

Kittle is going to be on a snap count and with have Beathard "throwing" to him. At the very least Gronk has a better QB and matchup.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Vargo posted:

Gotta pick two FLEX in .5 PPR, and Gaskin's COVID/Robby Anderson's flop last week have me in overthinking-it mode:

Myles Gaskin @ LV
Robby Anderson @ WSH

Alan Lazard v TEN
James Conner v IND
Nelson Agholor v MIA

I think you’ve got it right. Vs WFT is tough but it’s championship week and you gotta get those points.

James C is an absolute no.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MakaVillian posted:

Kittle is going to be on a snap count and with have Beathard "throwing" to him. At the very least Gronk has a better QB and matchup.

Yeah, the process says it has to be Gronk. But recognize that it’s the TE position so the outcome could be whatever.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

0.5PPR

Pick 1 RB

Darrell Henderson Jr (LAR) @ Seattle
or
Nyheim Hines (IND) vs Pitt

Seattle has meh run D, Pitt has (had?) good D.

Cam was the #1 RB for LAR but is out with injury.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Pick mr a flex in .5ppr

Malcolm Brown @SEA
Coutee v.CIN
Hardman v.ATL
Latavius v.MIN

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

0 ppr. Pick 2:
Antonio Brown @DET
Keke Coutee vCIN
Rashard Higgins @NYJ
Russell Gage @KC

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Worthleast posted:

0 ppr. Pick 2:
Antonio Brown @DET
Keke Coutee vCIN
Rashard Higgins @NYJ
Russell Gage @KC

Higgins and Gage.

PPR Flex
Gibson(Q) vsCAR
J.Wilson @ARI
L.Thomas vsCAR

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Chernabog posted:

Higgins and Gage.

PPR Flex
Gibson(Q) vsCAR
J.Wilson @ARI
L.Thomas vsCAR

Oh, Wilson. He seems to be the number one back. Gibson might be limited and Thomas might be a tight end.

Worthleast posted:

0 ppr. Pick 2:
Antonio Brown @DET
Keke Coutee vCIN
Rashard Higgins @NYJ
Russell Gage @KC

I might lean Brown and Gage because I expect more passing than the other two, but it's close.

Quiet Feet posted:

Pick mr a flex in .5ppr

Malcolm Brown @SEA
Coutee v.CIN
Hardman v.ATL
Latavius v.MIN

Coutee is on a streak I'd probably stick with him.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

0.5PPR

Pick 1 RB

Darrell Henderson Jr (LAR) @ Seattle
or
Nyheim Hines (IND) vs Pitt

Seattle has meh run D, Pitt has (had?) good D.

Cam was the #1 RB for LAR but is out with injury.

Give me the guy against the worser defense who is likely to get more carries.

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
PPR flex spot:
Dobbins v NYG
David Johnson v Cin

Tight matchup that could come down to a few points difference. Originally going with Dobbins but worried Johnson might have a bunch of catches again with Duke out.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

Bud posted:

PPR flex spot:
Dobbins v NYG
David Johnson v Cin

Tight matchup that could come down to a few points difference. Originally going with Dobbins but worried Johnson might have a bunch of catches again with Duke out.

I would lean Johnson as well, an easier matchup and Dobbins still loses a lot to Edwards/Jackson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So in order for me to have the option to start Pollard tomorrow, I'm sitting Drake today and if Zeke is active I'll have to play DJ Moore instead of Pollard. Any of that sound dumb?