Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

^burtle posted:

Made me laugh that the GW Discord Admins posted an announcement that people need to stop making GBS threads on all the Space Marines.

Is that an official discord? Had no idea they even had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Next IG release will have female heads available, 100% sure. The sausage fest is finally over. Just look at the new special catachan sergeant.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

I really want a Lt. Mira for my Badass Ladies of the Imperium display!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Kitchner posted:

Is that an official discord? Had no idea they even had one.

I had assumed it was but I just went digging through the Rules channel and it says unofficial so I screwed that up. Maybe it is the Reddit Official.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

inscrutable horse posted:

I really want a Lt. Mira for my Badass Ladies of the Imperium display!

I'd kill for some less buff Scion arms as well. Sister heads work great on the bodies but its the arms that just makes things look weird.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
The thing with AoS faction terrain is that they're essentially a free addition to your army, so other than the real world cost of the model there's no reason to not take it.

If they cost points or used detachment slots they'd be a bit harder to justify.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kitchner posted:

If basically 2020 is the year of the marine and 2021 has basically nothing but chaos and xenos releases it would be pretty cool (though Grey Knights, Astra Militarum, and Ad Mech would miss out).

Admech is fine! They got new stuff this year, and a new extension to their codex. If anyone needs an update, it's Eldar.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Or Dark Eldar. Have heard enough salt about that in one of my discord servers to fill a small jar.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

I said come in! posted:

Admech is fine! They got new stuff this year, and a new extension to their codex. If anyone needs an update, it's Eldar.

:wrong:

We need primaris skitari

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
MORE TAU DRONES

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I was digging through my old 40k books to get some ideas and inspiration for what I wanted to do with my Indomitus Marines. Turns out I have an 8th ed. rulebook I don't remember buying. Huh.
Also, 2nd ed. codexes are amazing to look thought now.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

I said come in! posted:

Thats true actually, so if 2021 is the year of Xenos and Chaos, it means it's only Grey Knights and Astra Militarum who miss out, my two biggest and oldest armies.

I suspect though they will want to get out updates to the imperial and chaos weapons ASAP, so I am cautiously optimistic that Grey Knights and AAstra Militarum will be early next year. It's either that or Chapter Approved this year is going to be a big change for a lot of armies.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I think they will make 1or 2 books a month with models until they have covered them all. And then introduce something completely new. The problem is design space since they can make different design for each faction but they can't make them play so different from each other. It's all variation of the same themes with different names and slightly different profiles. Shooty, melee, psychic . Fusion, melta , haywire, lasgun, bolter, big shoota ect. All stats and you pick the one that suits that army's playstyle the best. What I mean is I can make shooty orcs, vehicle orcs or melee orcs. I can make shooty Marines, melee Marines and vehicle Marines. It is all supposed to be balanced in terms of gameplay. I could introduce squats and give them primaries stats and have them follow white scars rules with different names and they would play like crazy tough dorfs on trikes but it is not "different".

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
I submit some Imperial Knights for a banner image

They're knights, they're imperial and they're from House Taranis.

Here's a Belisarious cawl for the obligatory Admech banner

The ever present Magos Dominus

Take a pick of Cadian lieutenants

Frobbe fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 14, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/14/codex-space-marines-weapons-and-wargear-updates/

Loads of updates on weapons, the bit that surprised me the most is they confirmed that everyone will be getting the updates in October, including Xenos races that have flamers and meltaguns etc.

Most of the changes are already known thanks to leaks (e.g. D2 heavy bolters, 2 shot multi-meltas, 12" flamers) the one I was shocked to see is that Hunter-Killer missiles are now S10, so it looks like putting them on my Cadian Sentinels all those years ago has finally paid off.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Kitchner posted:

Loads of updates on weapons, the bit that surprised me the most is they confirmed that everyone will be getting the updates in October, including Xenos races that have flamers and meltaguns etc.

Surprising in a great way.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Maneck posted:

Surprising in a great way.

For sure, turns out I picked a good time to start a Chaos Army.

Or a bad time. I did the same with Grey Knights, I got back into 40K and decided to expand my grey knights because they were considered bad and if I played them against friends it's not too bad. Then they got PA and became ace. So they become my army for use in the league I signed up to.

Then I got a chaos army just to have a fluffy army to play against my girlfriend with, now Chaos are getting buff.

The only guys who have stayed bad is my Cadians. Poor guys.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Yes , I am dreaming of hitting Ragnar between the eyes with my Sororitas Rhino on overwatch with a HKM. It's like are you sure you want to charge.. I do have a 6 in my magic dice pool :)

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Speaking of space wolves, I just saw that not only is the Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought sold out online, but all the Space wolf dreadnought kits are sold out too. Not "temporarily out of stock" but sold out.

EDIT: Blood Angels Tactical Squad also Sold Out.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Sep 14, 2020

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i managed to drop a whole tray of paints on my hexmark destroyer kitbash and may have to start over on the arms and use putty to fix the legs which is pretty frustrating haha :suicide:

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
So how much do these new weapon changes effect Sisters? It seems like Retributors are going to benefit a lot.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Kitchner posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/14/codex-space-marines-weapons-and-wargear-updates/

Most of the changes are already known thanks to leaks (e.g. D2 heavy bolters, 2 shot multi-meltas, 12" flamers) the one I was shocked to see is that Hunter-Killer missiles are now S10, so it looks like putting them on my Cadian Sentinels all those years ago has finally paid off.

Stormshield change is so great. I’m not sure I want them to change other faction 3++ though, if that’s something which is planned. They’re kinda necessary in some cases.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Gaussian posted:

So how much do these new weapon changes effect Sisters? It seems like Retributors are going to benefit a lot.

Well hand flamers are going to be 12" range but S3, which means that the seraphim with handflamers can actually deep strike and fire now. The melta rules help sisters a lot too, being able to shoot twice with a multimelta and do 14 damage with two miracle dice is crazy.

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Stormshield change is so great. I’m not sure I want them to change other faction 3++ though, if that’s something which is planned. They’re kinda necessary in some cases.

Sort of mixed feelings, I'm sure the storm shield will change for everyone because it's in the article, but how many non-power armour models have a storm shield? Crusaders? Pretty much everyone is a Space Marine or a Chaos Space Marine in power armour

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Kitchner posted:

Speaking of space wolves, I just saw that not only is the Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought sold out online, but all the Space wolf dreadnought kits are sold out too. Not "temporarily out of stock" but sold out.

GW's use of labeling of stock status can be misleading. In each instance, the box is likely being updated with no changes to the components in the box.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013

Gaussian posted:

Yeah for sure. Buy 2 boxes of rets and make one mm and the other one bolter and they will kick rear end. Even immolators with that loadout will be so much better now. Just having access to D2 damage not in the form of blessed bolts will help so much.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Slab Squatthrust posted:

I mean, I get that people are shocked by the amount of new Marine stuff. But the Necron release is also huge, and everything we've seen is excellent! If we roll through next year and don't see anything else for xenos, then maybe complaining about the lack of them in 9th will be reasonable, but for the love of everything it would be great for this thread to be the one place on the internet not screaming about how GW hates xenos players, while conveniently ignoring a massive xenos drop of both models and what looks like some excellent rules from what we've seen.

The Xenos drops would have to be massive to even match the amount of Primaris stuff considering there's practically 1-for-1 Primaris release to any given other faction release. I don't think "drat there's a lot of Primaris stuff and Xenos keep getting trickles" is an unfair complaint.

I'm not asking for massive Xenos drops though really as my main squeeze is Sisters and they just got a redo. More thinking about how Primaris constantly gets potential army soft spots filled by scads of new options every month. Hard to not look sideways at them when you can think of multiple useful tools you'd like in your faction and Primaris keeps getting fixes for problems they never had. (melta rifles hello)

Nancy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 14, 2020

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Maneck posted:

GW's use of labeling of stock status can be misleading. In each instance, the box is likely being updated with no changes to the components in the box.

That's true.

In other news, does anyone have a recommendation for where I can buy accessories that are like scrolls and books and stuff to stick on my word bearers? Been trying to buy only GW bits in case I ever actually go to warhammer world again but it's frustrating buying flagellant and plague monk bits and bobs. Basically anything like scrolls and pouches and purity seal type things that aren't marked with aquilllas or whatever.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Didn't flgs have like bit trade days before? Where you brought your old sprues and traded with other people. Check on the FB page on your local flg if someone in your area has stuff?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

MRLOLAST posted:

Didn't flgs have like bit trade days before? Where you brought your old sprues and traded with other people. Check on the FB page on your local flg if someone in your area has stuff?

I've bought some stuff off bits sites but if someone knew a third party company making loads of super applicable accessories of scrolls and stuff I can just buy it'd be easier for me, I'm just being lazy.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Kitchner posted:

I want a cool new murderfang kit so badly, that's one of my favorite units in the game

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Spanish Manlove posted:

I want a cool new murderfang kit so badly, that's one of my favorite units in the game

It's possible, but GW often marks things as sold out only to release the same model with new box art/data sheets.

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.

Kitchner posted:

That's true.

In other news, does anyone have a recommendation for where I can buy accessories that are like scrolls and books and stuff to stick on my word bearers? Been trying to buy only GW bits in case I ever actually go to warhammer world again but it's frustrating buying flagellant and plague monk bits and bobs. Basically anything like scrolls and pouches and purity seal type things that aren't marked with aquilllas or whatever.

Kromlech has good bits that you might like, including chaos books (open and closed) and candles.

You can find their stuff at Bits of War.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Yeah, we'll likely see a lot of kits suddenly go out of stock as they rebox them with the new designs/datasheets.

I wouldn't worry about it too hard, they've gotten good at announcing when they're discontinuing stuff, or at least you'll hear about it quick when they shunt something into Last Chance to Buy.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

SpaceViking posted:

Kromlech has good bits that you might like, including chaos books (open and closed) and candles.

You can find their stuff at Bits of War.

Awesome, thanks. If anyone knows of any scrolls or anything let me know.

Kitchner fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 14, 2020

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Charles Get-Out posted:

The Xenos drops would have to be massive to even match the amount of Primaris stuff considering there's practically 1-for-1 Primaris release to any given other faction release. I don't think "drat there's a lot of Primaris stuff and Xenos keep getting trickles" is an unfair complaint.

I'm not asking for massive Xenos drops though really as my main squeeze is Sisters and they just got a redo. More thinking about how Primaris constantly gets potential army soft spots filled by scads of new options every month. Hard to not look sideways at them when you can think of multiple useful tools you'd like in your faction and Primaris keeps getting fixes for problems they never had. (melta rifles hello)

Yeah, part of the problem is that GW treats "Xenos" as a faction. GSC getting fleshed out doesn't really benefit Orks, Necrons, etc. When releases are SM>Chaos>Imperium>Xenos, that's an awful small slice for monofaction armies.

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ork Skorchas and burnas felt like a pointed omission in that article. Gives me a bad feeling about it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Contingency posted:

It's possible, but GW often marks things as sold out only to release the same model with new box art/data sheets.

oh yeah makes sense. Well i love my goofy boxy boy anyway.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kitchner posted:

It's amazing how much painting I've not done despite the fact I can barely leave the house.

Me in March: Well poo poo, at least I'll be stuck at home and can get some painting done.

Me in April: Now that I'm unemployed I'll have so much time to finish my AdMech army!

Me in September: *has literally not even opened a pot of paint this calendar year*

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Lasting Damage posted:

Ork Skorchas and burnas felt like a pointed omission in that article. Gives me a bad feeling about it.

Likewise Thousand Sons warpflamers. I've still got a squad to build and might try and magnetise them, 12" range suddenly makes a squad of warpflamers pushing an objective seem interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Lasting Damage posted:

I think they're only updating the things that share gear names with the gear in the codexes as they're published. So, meltas get the upgrade, and then anything called a "melta" gets the upgrade as well. But anything that's a flame weapon but uses its own name for it has to wait for that faction's codex. Tau get the flamer upgrade because unlike most xenos, and unlike the other things on their wargear list, their flamer is actually called a "flamer" and not, I dunno, an "incindiary projector" or whatever it might have been called if the people doing the tau codexes hadn't randomly decided that their flamer is just a flamer and doesn't get its own xenotech name. Burna Boyz don't get "flamers," they get "burnas," so they're out of luck until their codex hits.

GW seems committed to the general idea that any piece of gear with the same name has the same stats across the whole game, hence Space Marine chainswords getting renamed from "Chainsword" to "Astartes chainsword," to accompany their stat buff.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Sep 14, 2020