Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

store is up now

Apple Watch SE doesn't have the always on display, so it looks like it's the S5 guts with an S4 screen? Is that right?
https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-se/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Pulcinella posted:

App clips can’t really be tested and iOS14/Xcode12 submissions haven’t been open so don’t expect you apps to be updated by tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm definitely holding off on iOS/WatchOS updates until the apps I use daily are updated.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Where's my A13 (Bionic) iPod Touch with 512 GB of storage, TIIIIMMMMMMMMM. :argh:

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

So they are skipping the GM beta release of iOS and going right to release. I have been using it for month and its pretty good, only thing that does not work as of now for me is Pokemon Go. I took it as a sign to quit playing the game finally.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

FCKGW posted:

store is up now

Apple Watch SE doesn't have the always on display, so it looks like it's the S5 guts with an S4 screen? Is that right?

S5 processor, S4 screen, S3 heart rate sensor(no ECG)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Apple's online store is getting crushed.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Man, kind of disappointed by Apple One. That’s not very compelling.

I just want music and more than 200GB icloud (and maybe news+). I got TV for free with my ipad and I haven’t even opened it. Lack of storage tiers between 200GB and 2TB is really lame.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Wow, gently caress that noise. You can only get the Watch 6 in Space Black stainless steel if you get the Hermes edition.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

priznat posted:

I just want music and more than 200GB icloud (and maybe news+). I got TV for free with my ipad and I haven’t even opened it. Lack of storage tiers between 200GB and 2TB is really lame.

There's good stuff on AppleTV+. Nowhere near enough to pay for it for more than like a month, but good enough to use the trial.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

.Z. posted:

Wow, gently caress that noise. You can only get the Watch 6 in Space Black stainless steel if you get the Hermes edition.

You can get a space black titanium for cheaper than that one though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

AppleTV+ is worth it for Ted Lasso alone.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

priznat posted:

Lack of storage tiers between 200GB and 2TB is really lame.
It is, but you’re talking about one dollar.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

badjohny posted:

So they are skipping the GM beta release of iOS and going right to release. I have been using it for month and its pretty good, only thing that does not work as of now for me is Pokemon Go. I took it as a sign to quit playing the game finally.

Never mind. Looks like GM builds are going out now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

iOS 14 GM is out for public beta people. I'm downloading it now.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering you get Apple TV+ free for a year with purchase of a new Apple product, there's no reason not to at least watch one show. Of course, we'll see what the landscape looks like in 2022, but free TV is always good.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I already pay for an Apple Music family subscription and the 200GB tier for iCloud. An extra $2.00 a month for TV+ and Arcade? Sign me up.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

You can get a space black titanium for cheaper than that one though.

Yeah, but from what I've seen the SBT is closer to brushed metal grey. I liked how SBSS almost matched the color of the screen.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

.Z. posted:

Yeah, but from what I've seen the SBT is closer to brushed metal grey. I liked how SBSS almost matched the color of the screen.

How about the graphite? It looks close but probably not close enough for what you're looking for.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

TheMadMilkman posted:

I already pay for an Apple Music family subscription and the 200GB tier for iCloud. An extra $2.00 a month for TV+ and Arcade? Sign me up.
Same situation here, and yeah they will probably get a couple more bucks from me every month.

I’m actually kind of curious to see the fitness thing. I assume it also works/has an app on the Apple TV.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It is, but you’re talking about one dollar.

Hm it goes from $3.99/mo to $12.99/mo in CAD, is it a much smaller increase in the states?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

priznat posted:

Hm it goes from $3.99/mo to $12.99/mo in CAD, is it a much smaller increase in the states?

No, my mistake, I was thinking of the difference between 50GB and 200 GB, which is two bucks so another tier would be in the middle. Whoops.

In the us 200GB is $3 and 2TB is $10.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

Also WatchOS 7 and iPadOS 14.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

jabro posted:

How about the graphite? It looks close but probably not close enough for what you're looking for.

Yeah it isn't, honestly I'll probably just drop back down to the Aluminum edition.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

No, my mistake, I was thinking of the difference between 50GB and 200 GB, which is two bucks so another tier would be in the middle. Whoops.

In the us 200GB is $3 and 2TB is $10.

Yeah a middle ground 1TB would be great. Also I have a couple homekit cameras and only one is getting stored on the 200GB plan. 5/6.99 for 1TB would be fine. With support for 3 cameras or something.

I like news+ but not 9.99 enough. But I suppose it beats subscribing to a bunch of paywalled newspapers.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Rageaholic posted:

Is the procedure at this link ( https://www.redmondpie.com/ios-14-gm-ota-profile-file-download-released-without-dev-account/ ) legit to get the GM? I never jumped on the public beta, but I'm totally down to get the GM a day early.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

FCKGW posted:

store is up now

The S5 already have the guts of the S4.

priznat posted:

Same, I already pay $25/mo for 2TB and Family Apple music. Not sure I have a compelling reason for Fitness+ for $5 more.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Apple watch chat: Earlier this year I picked up a S4 SS since I didn't feel the S5 was worth it. What does pulse ox do that I should be considering?

What's way more attractive to me are cheap S3 cellulars (I think they said S3 was compatible) for the family plan stuff and get my kids them. I have two unused voice lines with Tmo but I doubt they'll let me use those.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
Here’s hoping the green + blue make it to the MacBook Air too....

P0PCULTUREREFERENCE
Apr 10, 2009

Your weapons are useless against me!
Fun Shoe
Gonna laugh real hard if the iPhone delay is actually about getting the new touchID to work with apple’s phone cases.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

Here’s hoping the green + blue make it to the MacBook Air too....

Yeah, I'm really liking that green.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

drat, they’re still selling the S3. That watch will never die.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The A13 was already destroying the 865 in most benchmarks. The A14 is going to rip out its throat and poo poo down its neck.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 15, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wonder if the Oxygen sensor would be able to tell that my baseline was lower than most people my height/weight/age due to my lung issues. I'll find out when I upgrade my watch next in three years or more.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What is the internal storage on the series 6 watch?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

ratbert90 posted:

The A13 was already destroying the 865 in most benchmarks. The A14 is going to rip out it's throat and poo poo down its neck.

Just once I would love for Tim Cook to describe their new chip in those exact words.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

UltraRed posted:

What is the internal storage on the series 6 watch?
The 5, SE, and 6 all show 32GB.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

badjohny posted:

Just once I would love for Tim Cook to describe their new chip in those exact words.

Actions speak louder than words. :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rick posted:

I wonder if the Oxygen sensor would be able to tell that my baseline was lower than most people my height/weight/age due to my lung issues. I'll find out when I upgrade my watch next in three years or more.

There's really a narrow slice that's considered normal.

Anything 95%+ is normal.
90-95% is monitor and let your doctor know.
Sustained <90% is get to the emergency room.

*Usually* when you dip down into the 80s, you'd feel a vague sense of suffocation due to CO2 imbalance, but COVID has thrown a spanner in the works there since it messes around with surfactant production in the lungs. In this case it fucks with O2 pickup but not CO2 elimination. So even though your lungs are getting damaged and working harder, none of the usual symptoms of pulmonary distress presented. People were showing up at ERs with 85% spO2 walking and talking one minute and getting hooked up to respirators the next.

This pulse oximeter for people considered at risk for COPD, COVID, or with cardiopulmonary disease is a godsend and another data point to collate for trending. I just had open heart surgery last year, so this means I can stop having to manually collect readings on a separate device 3 times a day. Now if only they could magic my BP readings I'd have the perfect medical device on my wrist (I do have a bluetooth BP machine tho). My cardio loves the watch since there is a wealth of trending data he grabs when we do our checkups.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Proteus Jones posted:

There's really a narrow slice that's considered normal.

Anything 95%+ is normal.
90-95% is monitor and let your doctor know.
Sustained <90% is get to the emergency room.

*Usually* when you dip down into the 80s, you'd feel a vague sense of suffocation due to CO2 imbalance, but COVID has thrown a spanner in the works there since it messes around with surfactant production in the lungs. In this case it fucks with O2 pickup but not CO2 elimination. So even though your lungs are getting damaged and working harder, none of the usual symptoms of pulmonary distress presented. People were showing up at ERs with 85% spO2 walking and talking one minute and getting hooked up to respirators the next.

This pulse oximeter for people considered at risk for COPD, COVID, or with cardiopulmonary disease is a godsend and another data point to collate for trending. I just had open heart surgery last year, so this means I can stop having to manually collect readings on a separate device 3 times a day. Now if only they could magic my BP readings I'd have the perfect medical device on my wrist (I do have a bluetooth BP machine tho). My cardio loves the watch since there is a wealth of trending data he grabs when we do our checkups.

That is really cool that it can be that helpful for you.

I would be curious actually what my levels would look like in over the course of the day. I take in very little oxygen, but my lungs and heart manage to do pretty well with what they got still. At least as long as I don't try to do any strenuous exercise such as "walking up a single story of stairs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Usual procedure is to get the GM and then delete the beta profile for the year, right? I've been on the PB for a while now and have all been pretty solid, which is reassuring. I don't think any of my apps stopped working the entire time (a few small issues with NoMoRobo that were always fixed with a reinstall).