Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Love too hear stories about US's terrible healthcare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

Only Apple Watch and iPad, neither of which I own. Laaaaaaame.

Seems like this is the best possible announcement for you then!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yo Tim send me one of those braided bands

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FCKGW posted:

oh god i'm buying watches for all the kids

And then buying more when they lose them in a week

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

With the blwatch, I might upgrade depending on how much I can get for my S4 on trade-in

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This dude is what I assume every SV idiot is like.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'd like to know what the hell is the top-selling Windows laptop, if that scrappy ARM chip is twice as fast.
I'm sure it's some Dell POS with a 1024x768 screen with some Intel CPU using a legacy name like Celeron or Pentium.

EDIT:

LegendaryFrog posted:

I actually just had to compile this for a work related thing.

It’s this one for 2020. No surprise, it is a $250 celeron craptop.

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Ultra-T...BVSG7ZFV4FX61K5
Lol called that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

That loving Notes app. GTFO.

--edit: So iPad OS 14 gonna release today or what?

It'll be whatever day the iPads are available, so probably Friday.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jose Oquendo posted:

I'll bet the GM will be available today or tomorrow for those who want to gently caress with it.

Most likely, yeah.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Binary Badger posted:

So what are they gonna do to the Pro if the Air is getting a 6-core A14X?!

It's an A14, not an A14X

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

badjohny posted:

A14 for low end iPads and iPhones , A14x for pro iPads and iPhones , A14z for Macs would be my guess.

I would be verrrrrrry surprised if the Pro iPhones get the A14X.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait if Watches are available Friday does that mean WatchOS 7 and iOS 14 are available Friday?

Oh he just answered that lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

badjohny posted:

only reason I would think is the rumor that they are going to have a new iPhone range above the current ones called the iPhone Pro. I could see it getting a beefed up chip in it if its true.

They have this right now. They use the same processors.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

priznat posted:

Man, kind of disappointed by Apple One. That’s not very compelling.

I just want music and more than 200GB icloud (and maybe news+). I got TV for free with my ipad and I haven’t even opened it. Lack of storage tiers between 200GB and 2TB is really lame.

There's good stuff on AppleTV+. Nowhere near enough to pay for it for more than like a month, but good enough to use the trial.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

iOS 14 GM is out for public beta people. I'm downloading it now.

Also WatchOS 7 and iPadOS 14.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

OldSenileGuy posted:

Is the procedure at this link ( https://www.redmondpie.com/ios-14-gm-ota-profile-file-download-released-without-dev-account/ ) legit to get the GM? I never jumped on the public beta, but I'm totally down to get the GM a day early.

I'm not clicking a bunch of blind links on some random site.

Just go here on your device and sign up. You'll have to download a profile from that site, and then restart, then check for the update and it should show up. Delete the profile after it has installed if you don't want to stay on the beta channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maneki Neko posted:

Stupid question, does Fitness+ require an actual AppleTV hardware or will it work on the AppleTV app on other devices (Samsung TV, Firetv, etc)
They straight-up showed someone in a hotel room (or facsimile of) doing it on their iPhone.