Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

oh god i'm buying watches for all the kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hell yeah, gimmie dat cheap watch

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Pulcinella posted:

In terms of fitness bands, I really liked the Jawbone Up. Jawbone drove themselves out business with its design, though. To take it on or off you had to bend the electronics out of place. They would die after about 3 months and Jawbone went broke replacing them for free.

my wife had one of these.

it charged via a 3.5mm headphone jack and if you lost the cap on it it looked goofy as hell (wife lost the cap)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

jabro posted:

Did they announce a price for the SE? Only saw for Series 6 and Series 3.

Series 6 starts at $399. Series 3 sticks around starting at $199. SE starts at $279, with 24-month Apple Card financing available.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

TyrantWD posted:

This Fitness+ service makes me think Apple are going to buy Peloton.

Going to kill Peleton you mean.

The subscription part is the valuable part of Peleton's company. Anyone can buy a nice $1k bike and pair it with apple fitness

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

track day bro! posted:

wait did I miss something about the air having touchid?

yes, it's in the power button

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Might replace my 2018 iPad Pro with a 2020 Air

It's just a dedicated PUBG Mobile machine now anyways.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xabi posted:

I can’t really see the point in that.

I like the small bezels but yeah, losing 120hz would suck. hmm

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xabi posted:

The 2018 already has the small bezels?

no the top, they just kinda spread out the sides. similar to current cheap ipad i think

kinda bummed nothing about appletv but oh well

edit: ah poo poo, I have a the 2017 pro. I bought it in 2018.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

badjohny posted:

When does apple fitness + launch? I would be a new Apple TV with that. Just add HDMI 2.1 and a new remote and call it a day.

all they said was "before end of the year"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ChadSexington posted:

So, iPhones, Apple Silicon MacBook(s), AirTags, and AirPods Studio next month?

Seems they could have put one or two of those for this event. Minor updates to the Apple Watch and iPad don’t really merit a special event IMO.

I would bet an iPhone event next month but the Apple Silicon products get their own launch event later this year. They are going to really need to take their time to explain the benefits of Apple Silicon, show off benchmarks and really make a hard sell for these products to encourage people to make the switch.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Curious here, what would you like to see the AppleTV add or do that it doesn't?

edit: A new remote WOULD be nice. I hate the current one so so much.

Honestly nothing, I just wanna pick up a current 4k on clearance lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

store is up now

Apple Watch SE doesn't have the always on display, so it looks like it's the S5 guts with an S4 screen? Is that right?
https://www.apple.com/apple-watch-se/