Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Krakkles posted:

Missed a page, dig this car

starter took up the whole page, most likely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Steve French posted:

is this a joke about the size of my photos? I've sorta stopped bothering to thumbnail or resize photos when posting, probably because I'm mostly browsing on my phone

Yeah but it's fine. Booze may have played a role in that post.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Hermaphrodite posted:

https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/polycast-wheels

While looking this up I see that 17x9 aluminum repros are available for about $900/set.

Interesting. My first car (93 mustang) had something like this and I never thought about it until reading this. I remember them being heavy as poo poo and having this rubbery stuff on the spokes. The little triple strips around the perimeter were rubbery and you could move them with finger pressure. Always thought it was really weird.

OP, those wheels look cool as heck and I'd want to keep them too. I can't offer much on getting them cleaned, but you might talk to some wheel refinishers who specialize in that stuff and see what they say.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Dec 10, 2020

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I wouldn't go over 225 personally. Luckily that's a common wheel size and width for miatas and hondas so there's still some options that are decent.

Also, those look good. Ain't nobody gonna see imperfections when they're looking at them mounted and at shin height.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Steve French posted:

Second, I realized after taking off the brakes that the hub flange extends about 0.7", longer than the width of the spacer I'd intended to get. I can't wrap my head around any possible way that a hub centric spacer that's thinner than the hub flange is long could work and extend the flange at all, rather than at best just having a center bore of the right size and being completely flat. Given that, how important is it still to find something hub centric with the right center bore? Unless my brain is broken this weekend (entirely possible), it seems that the wheel is going to have the same engagement on the hub regardless of the spacer.

Sounds like flat spacer would work better in this case. I'd still rather go with the correct center bore if you can find it though. Wheel will have more surface area for mounting but otherwise I don't think your thinking is off base in regards to how the wheel seats against the hub since the center flange is still sticking out (just less).

e:

Steve French posted:

I forgot about the brake disc. D'oh.

Heh, that'll do it. It didn't look like there was that much space. :)

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you're worried, just put a jack under the lca and put a spring compressor (can rent at autozone or oreilley, do not get the "strut" compressor, get the ones with two separate clamps that look like this: https://www.harborfreight.com/macpherson-strut-spring-compressor-set-63262.html) on there, then lower the jack. I'd agree that it looks like it's mostly out but better safe than sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Steve French posted:

You say don't get the "strut" compressor, but is the one you linked not a strut compressor?

They have another kind of compressor there and every time they ask if it is for a mac strut and try to give that one instead. It's large and awkward and assume you have the full strut assembly off the car. This one is more generic, it'll work for about any spring, struts included.