Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I like, never post, but I have something to contribute! I had an old v8 that had one of those type of chokes. It took me a while to get the hang of it but the idea was, you start the car and let it idle for a couple of minutes. Mine, you could hear the note and revs of the engine change as it warmed up, it got a little faster and louder. To fully open the choke I would then give it a good blip on the throttle, which kicked the choke open all the way, after which the engine would settle at its correct idle rpm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Steve French posted:

I picked up the wheels and tires from the shop today, and did some measurements, and made sure the wheels would actually fit over the existing hub. All seems good, and I think the longer dorman studs should work fine. Getting some clarification on the wheel spacers and then making some orders.

Rough fit, though with the rotor off and no spacer yet, so they'll sit about ~20mm further out once actually mounted up:

Holy poo poo I forgot what the car looked like with all the other futzing around going on, so awesome!