Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I have a 25 gal craftsman compressor and it blasted for about 20 seconds before it was empty. I had to take my parts and blaster to work to get enough air to use the soda blaster for any amount of time.

Also there are even lower cost options, I used this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007D30DO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Soda blasting does work very well. I would ask around though and try to find a professional but cheap blasting shop. If you were in Denver I could hook you up with the best place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

spookykid posted:

You're cracked in at least three places; the top two in the image are contributing to number three in the bottom. You have about a year before they go critical from what I can see.

e: there's a fourth on the second rib up high in the weld similar to number one, and it wouldn't surprise me if there's not a fifth in the same spot on the rear rib.

ee: if number two is a "notch" it shouldn't be there period. Full stop.

You're seeing shadows that look like cracks. But good looking out, and yeah sandblasting and powdercoating would be on the menu if he wants to re-use them later.