Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

an AOL chatroom posted:

heck yeah! It's the first time in years we haven't had to spend every minute telling people how to make their Function keys work, that they can't just click on ISPF options, how to remap their keyboard to get insert/enter/backspace, or why they can't resize their window.

It's not a 1:1 replacement for ISPF, there's still a lot of things you need that for, but this was the year to change the environment.

drat that looks nice. Too bad I can't configure my test z system with everything required to use it.

I wish I'd known about this back when I was learning the z-specific portion of my job, I would up learning a bunch through trial and error and bugging people with simple questions. You'd be surprised where z/OS can turn up in various jobs/organizations. I never expected to work with it as a Java programmer but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU