Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i need to be a part of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KoRMaK posted:

thought this was an echi thread

ill take one

apparently fish loving threads are now frowned upon because fish can’t consent so you won’t be seeing a new thread from me for a while

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
siick

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

good poo poo my friend, you can expect “revenge”, btw 😏

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

blender's latest additions kick rear end. they made the ui not suck. they added a cloth magic tool. they did some magic to make the fast renderer even more capable. they have some machine learning stuff that removes the black dots you get while the viewport is still rendering when you use the fancy renderer. they have great and easy physics simulation stuff. the video composition stuff is great. and more.

i love blender. go give them some bucks.

e: oh and nice stuff OP

the UI hasn’t sucked for ages but with 2.8 they really accepted that people from other programs want to be able to walk in, and they did it.

I love blender too. the denoiser makes poo poo look amazing.

the new sky/sun simulation is so good too. need to experiment with it more.
honestly it’s such a massively capable program. it’s an example of great software, somehow it’s got the ability to do so many things more than just render, but it’s also not “bloated”. and fast too. i could go on and on, and i do

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:worship:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored Online posted:

op doing the lords work itt

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

may not look like much but that was by far the most involved render of the set, i learned motion tracking for camera, compisiting with a shadow mask, privacy blur masking, all at 60fps

good poo poo! there’s the tutorial where the guy puts a mincraft hole on a street and i’ve been wanting to delve into it, want to make a video with the kids coz i reckon they’d be stoked to have a personal video where they were doing something etc. but i’ve watched it and know what’s involved, it’s impressive as heck what you’ve done, but thank god for the motion tracking huh? that’s one of the most impressive tools in blender considering it’s free huh

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://giant.gfycat.com/NeedySeveralGlassfrog.webm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I do have an “official” rodtronics rainbow color ramp (gradient and banded) but just flung that one together, with the emission cranked up the values hardly matter. but that’s the first time i’ve applied it over a 3d shape rather than 2d so i was surprised to find that it worked how i wanted it to just by taking the average of the x y and z texture coords as the input value for the color ramp. also i’ve used both fog and streaks for the glare 🤜🤛 you deserve it, you put in way more effort for the greater good of the people here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also lol at these unsuccsefuo attempts at your name before i realised its jenny not jennifer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
rename it to a gif it’ll work

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
never made the donut

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'll time you :argh:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://giant.gfycat.com/SharpMadAmericanpainthorse.webm

I needed to make a couple mods 🤷‍♂️
e: tried but failed to have the motion continue over the loop. oh well. couldn’t tell that it’d failed until it had rendered

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 22, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I certainly don't have the time capicity to do many of these but if anyone wants their name rodtronics style ill give something a shot. first in first serve.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

President Beep posted:

echi hit me up!

aight I'll do what I can to bring something worthy of your presidency

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ok.. I'll find time to do you three. hope I ca live up to your standards

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

nice, can't wait to see what echi has in store

https://i.imgur.com/MHOO0Q6.mp4

I like this :hmmyes:

lol nervous posting these tbh, no one gonna get offended if a rodtronics post aint up to scratch but these of mine better be good enouf

https://giant.gfycat.com/AltruisticGrimAmericanrobin.webm

:matters:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yes you own the rights

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress theres a good reason I dont post too many rodtronics and its mostly I have no good ideas
sorry mate you'll have to put up with these
https://giant.gfycat.com/HardSilentEastsiberianlaika.webm

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

some very nice colours n shades my friend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh my god why didn’t i realise anything i contribute has to be a rod

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

i have a set of balls, now i need my name on a rod

have an idea brewing which is going to be... rod like. but kids on computer so can’t see how gross it’ll look for hours. plus there’s a queue.. and this idea is good enough to give everyone their own one. sick but true

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
poo poo jen you’re bringing more variety and skill to the game in the past few weeks you’ve started using blender than I have since i started like 7 years ago

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i used to gently caress around with 3ds max back at v3 and i desperately wish i had old renders i made coz it’s so hosed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wonder if people gonna change their mind about wanting their name on a rod
https://giant.gfycat.com/CompassionateShadyBrontosaurus.mp4

echinopsis fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 30, 2020

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh god its so fuckin stupid I spent so long on that just to have it look like a weird shiny veiny plastic sausage oh my god what am I doing with my life

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
in case you're wondering those are hand painted veins, I couldnt trust something so important to external or procedural textures

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:supaburn:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you're very welcome. I am running out of steam with ideas, so you may end up being the final boss rod

time will tell

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

amazing. thats so close to those "satisfying" endless loop gifs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

NoneMoreNegative posted:

hell, someone has to make the animated idents for the sixty "contributing companies" that pop up at the start of any modern blockbuster movie

🤔

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this owns. love the stuff youre doing

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jenny Agutter posted:

yeah i got the moths from him. if you start blending i recommend starting with the donut tutorial, it goes fairly in depth in a lot of the blender workspaces and systems and you'll have a much easier time following other tutorials afterwards

maybe i should donut

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i love that owl so much

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress mate you’re murdering it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy