Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
hope kavanaugh dies next tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Old Ruthkanda's body lies moldering in the grave,
While we weep the sons of chuds unleash all the ammo they saved;
But tho she lost her life so you could all stay enslaved,
Her soul is marching on.

Ruthkanda was a succdem, fickle, useless, naive
but she was a girlboss and it's sinful not to grieve;
but now thanks to her ego, america gets no reprieve
Her soul is marching on.

She captured liberal hearts, with worthwhile opinions so few,
And prolly hosed scalia, which makes me want to puke and puke;
They'll canonize her as a saint, though she betrayed both me and you,
But her soul is marching on.

Ruthkanda was the weaponized idpol that you hate to see,
as long as you look the part, a liberator you need not be,
And soon thruout the Sunny South they're bringing back slavery,
For her soul is marching on.

The conflict she picked with Kap she looks down from heaven to view,
all she sees are two middle fingers and a haunting chorus of 'gently caress you'.
but the libs will bleet like sheep cuz they dunno what to do,
For her soul is marching on.

Ye soldiers of Freedom, then strike, while strike ye may,
The death blow of oppression in a better time and way,
For the dawn of old John Brown has brightened into day,
And his soul is marching on.

I refuse to be that maudlin, so I'mma leave that last verse as is.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

THS posted:

we might not like it, but the fact is if Trump nominates a reasonable candidate for the court, Democrats can’t afford to alienate moderate Republican voters by causing a fight over the president’s constitutional right to appoint a replacement justice. It’s unfair considering Merrick Garland, yes, but once Biden is in office we can talk about options for the court. Right now the most important thing is to win, and that means not trying to throw a wrench in the system to score cheap political points and act like Mitch McConnell.

A++ would read again

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Wakko posted:

if anyone who isn't a literal revolutionary marxist is garbage to you sure I guess? i don't see a lot of y'all in the huey newton thread though.

im not sayin making fun of liberals who deify rbg isn't funny as heck, or even good takes on a public figure dying on something awful dot com.

seriousposting "gently caress this lady for what she did to this country" is cringey for the same reason libs sobbing over how much this changes things.

oh, sorry, I didn't realize you still had an infection of decorumvirus lol

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

THS posted:

we might not like it, but the fact is if Trump nominates a reasonable candidate for the court, Democrats can’t afford to alienate moderate Republican voters by causing a fight over the president’s constitutional right to appoint a replacement justice. It’s unfair considering Merrick Garland, yes, but once Biden is in office we can talk about options for the court. Right now the most important thing is to win, and that means not trying to throw a wrench in the system to score cheap political points and act like Mitch McConnell.

lol

sum
Nov 15, 2010

POINT/COUNTERPOINT
POINT: It's bad that the lady who pretty much decides whether being trans is legal or not is dead.
COUNTERPOINT: The judiciary of a capitalist state largely exists to acquit the bourgeoisie of their innumerable crimes against human dignity.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Seriously though I'd take even odds that the Senate appoints some blackhearted 34 year old Federalist Society psycho before the election is certified to cast the decisive vote in the 5-4 per curium decision that actually mail-in ballots are illegal this year.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sum posted:

Seriously though I'd take even odds that the Senate appoints some blackhearted 34 year old Federalist Society psycho before the election is certified to cast the decisive vote in the 5-4 per curium decision that actually mail-in ballots are illegal this year.

Inshallah

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
All things considered she was bad at the end and hosed us, so lol at her dying like a loser.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I am kind of surprised the ginsburg store in Portland actually outlasted her.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

aaaaaah

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Just heard about this, pourin' one out for my homie Ruth Masturbater Ginsberg :rip:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/TimGrierson/status/1307209325845323776?s=19

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
LONG LIVE CMYK!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

paul_soccer12 posted:

hope kavanaugh dies next tbh

whoa hey don't wish death upon mr kavanaugh's daughter

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
so what time are the justice ted cruz confirmation hearings

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

poty posted:

so what time are the justice ted cruz confirmation hearings

That's a weird way of spelling Justice Trump.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
WOW, did not see an Obama nomination coming.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1307146028355014145

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I must issue a correction, I called rbg a decrepit idiot boomer but she was actually too loving old to be a boomer lol

Holy loving poo poo, what the hell was such a corpse doing in one of the highest offices of power? No wonder this poo poo house is going up in flames

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/twitersbadboy/status/1307307282603094018?s=19

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

I hate liberals, but in this case the amount of brain-worms wriggling on open display is impressive

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3-TSKKRaJA

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

TehSaurus posted:

Look I don't want to poo poo on a corpse or anything but there's no way she was dumb enough to believe there was any chance of this right?

The woman who was besties with Scalia? Who thought that conservative justices needed to have a powerful voice to give legitimacy to the SCOTUS?

Malkina_
May 13, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
The writers are really going all in on the plot, so at least it appears we will be getting another season, but I don't know if they can sustain this level of writing for much longer. I mean I still enjoy it, but if it continues going down the soap opera route I think the Trump show will probably be cancelled after next season.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

The woman who was besties with Scalia? Who thought that conservative justices needed to have a powerful voice to give legitimacy to the SCOTUS?

Oh, right. Of course.

I feel bad for the libs honestly. Can you imagine? Believing there might be a political solution? In 2020?

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

why are liberals getting insanely mad if someone points out that she should have retired in 2009? i keep reading defenses like "but she earned it" and i don't get it

is it really just "b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh precious celebrity who can't do any wrong"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

space marine todd posted:

why are liberals getting insanely mad if someone points out that she should have retired in 2009? i keep reading defenses like "but she earned it" and i don't get it

is it really just "b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh precious celebrity who can't do any wrong"

liberalism is built on a foundation of personal selfishness, of course they'd honor someone who sacrificed the public good on the altar of their own self-satisfaction

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Trump is president until January 20th, 2021 and the Republicans own the Senate until January 3rd. Even if the democrats took everything in one of the largest upsets of all time RBG's seat is getting filled by a conservative. Nothing can stop it.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

pure baby brained emotional imprinting. every politician is their mom or dad

space marine todd
Nov 7, 2014

Vermain posted:

liberalism is built on a foundation of personal selfishness, of course they'd honor someone who sacrificed the public good on the altar of their own self-satisfaction

yeah but this honoring seems mad selective! it's not as though they celebrate the supposed selfishness of people who don't vote for their poo poo candidates

loving liberals god drat

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

somehow fitting that a show for babies also posted about RBG, considering libs are toddlers demanding treaty treats

https://twitter.com/sesamestreet/status/1307326059671674884?s=19

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crane Fist posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1307101237779853313

lmao

"My dying wish is that I don't gently caress everything up really bad"

I think that it will be bullshit if they replace her before January but lol at everybody making a big deal out of this statement. If somebody has a dieing wish that has to do with their finances or a family trip or something something then yeah, by all means try and make it happen. But we aren't a loving monarchy, her dieing wish about who replaces her is irrelevant both in ideology and timing.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

typical democrat, making a dying wish instead of casting a death curse

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
My dying wish is that you dig up my tired bones and put them back on the bench forever, god I love powerrrrrrr

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
my dying wish is that you revive me and that all the pretty girls who rejected me agree to be my girlfriend

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

All this talk of wishes makes me wonder if there's some little child, born of liberals, who gets in contact with the Make a Wish foundation, and the rep is all "Do you want to meet John Cena? Do you want to go to Disney World?" and the little kid replies "I want to be the next RBG"

Smash cut to Trump nominating the dying child to the Supreme Court, while liberals look serious and say things like "It's the dying wish of a child. We can't defy Trump this time. It would be used as a cudgel against us"

And thus homework is ruled unconstitutional and birthday cake is named the official food of dinner. Justin Bieber's "Yummy" is ruled the best song of all time. The child's parents are wailing and gnashing their teeth: "Please, outlaw Gerrymandering! Make abortion legal! Make Anti-Racist Baby required reading! What have we been teaching you all these years? Please, do something!"

Democrats implore the child not to die until Biden is president. The kid dies on October 30th, and on November 2nd, new Supreme Court Justice Tucker Carlson is confirmed.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

yeah, you got it in one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Crane Fist posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1307101237779853313

lmao

"My dying wish is that I don't gently caress everything up really bad"

Quote From Justice Replaced Before New President Installed