Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Oh hey Parma got relegated. I guess they came and went :dadjoke:

:cumpolice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
https://twitter.com/ASRomaEN/status/1389567974097530881?s=19

:rip: Mkhitaryan

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Smalling also lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
He was such an absolute oval office at Inter but they were at the peak of their power at that time so it was almost justified. Should be a real shitshow with this team.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jose Rouminho

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

So Crotone and Parma are down mathematically, but 11-18th are all still very eligible to get relegated. Benevento are currently at 31 points, with Udinese in 11th at 39. I think not every scenario is possible given the schedule and who's playing who but pointwise it's very close. Sampdoria, Hellas and Inter are the only teams left that have "nothing" to play for really.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The next Coppa Italia won’t have any Serie D or C teams in it. We rarely have any giant killings but it’s pretty crappy to straight up exclude them.

There’s still the Coppa Italia Serie C but like the name implies it’s just Serie C teams.

At least the league straight up admitted this was about money.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Well that sucks

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wonder if we’ll ever see a Serie C team make it back up to Serie A with that kinda consolidation

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

With Milan winning today Juve aren’t in control of their own future.

Atalanta - 72
Milan - 72
Napoli - 70
Juve -69

Remaining matches

Atalanta - Benevento, Genoa, Milan
Milan - Torino, Cagliari, Atalanta
Napoli - Udinese, Fiorentina, Hellas
Juve - Sassuolo, Inter, Bologna

It’s hard to say how this will play out. At full strength Juve has the hardest run, but Inter are done for the season and Bologna will likely be safe by then as they would need to lose all of their remaining fixtures and Benevento would need to win all of theirs. So not as bad as it looks. Sassuolo still are playing for a European spot.

Milan, Atalanta and Napoli are potentially playing against teams fighting for survival until the last day. That will probably change with whatever happens midweek.

Atalanta and Juve play the coppa Italia final in between the two final match days which is good news for Milan only, just on physical condition.

Should be a good showdown.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Buffon is leaving Juve at the end of the season. He said he might retire but knowing him I bet he goes for one more year where he can win something. If he had won the CL with PSG I guarantee he would have retired right then.

In other old man news Ibra is out for at least the next two matches, probably all three. I can’t deny his impact on the team but he’s going to finish having played 19 out of 38 league matches. I can’t believe he’s managed to re up his contract on the same salary.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
stolen from the Pro Cycling Megathread

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

stolen from the Pro Cycling Megathread

The Giro usually delivers, lol

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
The hell is happening with Inter's owners, who are obviously dirt poor, asking players and staff to agree to not get paid for a couple of months?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Alexeythegreat posted:

The hell is happening with Inter's owners, who are obviously dirt poor, asking players and staff to agree to not get paid for a couple of months?

Knock em down to B, take away two of their titles, imo

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I think it's not even that they're asking the players for a delay on payments, they're asking the players to not ever be paid those wages.

The short version of the story is that the Chinese govenment passed a law limiting foreign investments and sporting investments, so the ownership group simply aren't allowed to spend in order to meet their current obligations to the club.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Sandwolf posted:

Knock em down to B, take away two of their titles, imo

:hmmyes:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Speaking of B, Venezia beat Chievo today 3-2 after 120 minutes in the playoffs meaning we will be spared that particular brand of garbage next year.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Monkey paw curls as they get promoted when Juve gets yeeted from the league.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
e sempre cosi

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

e sempre cosi

cmq sempre Juve merda

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Venezia/Lecce is tense as gently caress, but at least I’m watching it on a dark blurry stream with no sound.

Luckily Big Francesco Forte just scored (I think)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

He did! It’s all coming up Veneto for the final :getin:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Venezia vs Cittadella (of course) for the Serie B final then.

Looks like Sunday and Thursday. Pray for Venezia, who are good lads and have the best kit.
https://twitter.com/veneziafc_it/status/1395487314823065605?s=21

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Cittadella is a nice place but it would be insanely annoying to me for them to get promoted before Vicenza (if that ever happens). Cittadella is a suburb of Vicenza.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Youtube recommended me this and it's cool and good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oFgmtz6EwU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
why is napoli below milan on the table?

does GD work differently in Italy (there’s a good chance I’m being an idiot here)?

edit: I guess it’s head-to-head first, never mind

paddyboat fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 23, 2021

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

paddyboat posted:

why is napoli below milan on the table?

does GD work differently in Italy (there’s a good chance I’m being an idiot here)?

edit: I guess it’s head-to-head first, never mind

The first tiebreaker actually goes to the higher latitude city. Something, something northern conspiracy...

Looks like Juve are squeaking into 4th unless Atalanta get something in the last 10 minutes or so. So Champions League unless they just straight up get kicked out of Serie A.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Napoli ruining what could have been something joyful for everyone

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

It's Napoli, there is never any joy

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Never in doubt.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Stupid Naploli

Im happy for milan, especially Big Franck

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

What an asinine ending to a season though. Just failures compounding to give us the result that everyone expected anyway.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Venezia won away at the evil Cittadella 0-1
:ck5:

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
Atalanta complete psychological subjection to Franck Kessie. What a hero.

I will probably remember this season forever, like I remember Beckham and Ronaldinho playing together in those big white collars.

Auguri

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Gigio is loving off for free hopefully to a foreign club. Mike Maignan from Lille is his replacement; he’s having his medical today.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Big Ron is doing the Instagram song and dance and honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Juve. This season feels like it was a disaster and we don't deserve a CL spot truth be told. I'm not sold on Pirlo but I feel like we'll have him for at least one more year at least.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Guys like Ronald, Lukaku and Donnarumma who command enormous salaries and are top 10 in their respective roles worldwide were probably all going to gently caress off regardless because none of the big clubs in Italy can afford them anymore. I would actually include Conte in that as well. Inter might be able to swing both Lukaku and Conte for next season through that loan they got but I can't see that much longer after that unless they go deeeeeep in to the CL and win another title (entirely possible).

Robviously posted:

Big Ron is doing the Instagram song and dance and honestly I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Juve. This season feels like it was a disaster and we don't deserve a CL spot truth be told. I'm not sold on Pirlo but I feel like we'll have him for at least one more year at least.

Juve doesn't deserve a CL spot but Napoli deserves one even less. Milan on the other hand is blameless and every club should just give us their money and best players for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan on the other hand is blameless and every club should just give us their money and best players for free.

This but for Atalanta instead