Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/goal/status/1397850935934717954

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I'm shocked yet not at all surprised.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I wonder who Juve will have to sell here. Allegri commands a large salary for a manager.

Obviously selling Ronald would solve a lot of problems.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I haven’t seen this anywhere else, is goal.com legitimate? Sounds like some rag.

Also yeah sell Cronaldo to the glue factory imo

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Ronaldo was basically gone after this season anyways, was my thought. Maybe he hangs around to try to get a cup but at this point, they can't be trusted to finish a strong CL run even with Ron being Ron.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I'm wondering, Pirlo was a bit of a failure but given his newness how big of a failure is it perceived? Top 4 and a Coppa is not all that bad all things considered.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Seltzer posted:

I'm wondering, Pirlo was a bit of a failure but given his newness how big of a failure is it perceived? Top 4 and a Coppa is not all that bad all things considered.

I don’t think anyone’s calling for his head on a pike and by-and-large I think Juve fans were not dreading giving him another year.

But yeah I think it’s been pretty obvious he’s basically out of his depth at this level so quickly.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Seltzer posted:

The general consensus by Juve supporters that I've seen is that he was put into a lovely situation, he wasn't fully up to the task, but winning the Supercoppa, Coppa Italia and then sneaking back into the top 4 was a set of good results for him.

He was handed a horrible midfield, and Dybala missing most of the season was a massive loss. But he was also naive and dropped way too many points against the bottom third of the table.

trem_two fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 27, 2021

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I wonder where he goes next

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Seltzer posted:

I wonder where he goes next

Sassuolo are supposedly considering him as De Zerbis replacement.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
holy gently caress, Venezia did it with a 93rd minute goal and down to 10 men :gifttank:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

holy gently caress, Venezia did it with a 93rd minute goal and down to 10 men :gifttank:

Phwoar, very good.

E: oh poo poo they were down to 9! I’m dumb it wasn’t anyone on the pitch that got sent off.

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 27, 2021

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Gigi Galli posted:

Milan on the other hand is blameless and every club should just give us their money and best players for free.

if those teams will also take your worst players you might be Juventus

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Sandwolf posted:

I haven’t seen this anywhere else, is goal.com legitimate? Sounds like some rag.

Also yeah sell Cronaldo to the glue factory imo

In my experience Goal is a broken clock, but claiming it's confirmed makes it super suspicious especially since I'm seeing rumours of him going to Real Madrid to replace Zidane.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

SkySports reporting it as well

This is more about Conte out at Inter which seems peak :italy:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I like how Inter had a real chance of dominating the league for a few years and they're throwing it all away

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
That's true in many respects, but they're getting hosed over by the Chinese government pretty badly.

Best to stick with American hedge funds or eccentric Italian smut filmmakers imo.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ZekeTell/status/1398593503874236420

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

I was reading that Sarri wants 5 mil but Lotito is only offering 3. Would probably be good for Chelsea as I’m 100% sure he’d want to bring Jorginho to Lazio.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

I was reading that Sarri wants 5 mil but Lotito is only offering 3. Would probably be good for Chelsea as I’m 100% sure he’d want to bring Jorginho to Lazio.

Impressive that Sarri is negotiating like a dude who hasn’t been out of work for a year.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

Impressive that Sarri is negotiating like a dude who hasn’t been out of work for a year.

I mean he’s still getting paid, isn’t he?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

I mean he’s still getting paid, isn’t he?

And getting paid more than 3mil I’d guess!!

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
The prospect of Serie A games being played at the Stadio Penzo is very exciting. I hope Venezia can bribe enough people in the FIGC to allow it.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Dilkington posted:

The prospect of Serie A games being played at the Stadio Penzo is very exciting. I hope Venezia can bribe enough people in the FIGC to allow it.

It would be cool for sure but I bet they end up playing Trieste. It’s not exactly close but they could get there by boat pretty easily; very Venetian.

Speaking of promoted teams and crime, Lotito still owns Salernitana and has until the 25th of June to figure out a solution.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
also, the lights aren’t nearly bright enough for real tv coverage

riding to the foot on the vaporetto would be great fun, but that’s a looong boat ride from piazzale roma / mestre

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

paddyboat posted:

also, the lights aren’t nearly bright enough for real tv coverage

riding to the foot on the vaporetto would be great fun, but that’s a looong boat ride from piazzale roma / mestre

There used to be a direct-ish vaporetto on match days from Piazzale Roma; I bet they still do that. It cost a little more but you got to the stadium in a half hour or so.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I hate to compliment the fash but this is a great way to announce a new manager

https://twitter.com/officialsslazio/status/1402575536149381120?s=21

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Can you guys give me a quick summary of fonseca please?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Alessandria has won the serie C playoff final, taking the last spot in Serie B. They defeated Padova on penalties after 2 0-0 draws.

Eat poo poo Padova lol

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"

I hosed up getting the 2020-21 home kit with his name on the back

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Never get a player on the back of a kit, especially now.

If Sensi is ever fit (lol) he’ll be glued to the bench.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Reliable danish journalists, who usually know what is happening in Copenhagen, are saying Milan are close to Mohamed Daramy, for a fee close to the record of the Danish league. On one hand, he is a young talented lad, but on the other hand... I am still surprised such a big club is going for him. Had a fantastic u21, was a one man army against Germany especially. But he hasnt exactly been setting the league on fire for Copenhagen

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

Reliable danish journalists, who usually know what is happening in Copenhagen, are saying Milan are close to Mohamed Daramy, for a fee close to the record of the Danish league. On one hand, he is a young talented lad, but on the other hand... I am still surprised such a big club is going for him. Had a fantastic u21, was a one man army against Germany especially. But he hasnt exactly been setting the league on fire for Copenhagen

Milan's probably going to lose a few of their youth players in order to make a couple of transfers. There's already one leaving as part of the deal to make the Tonali loan permanent. I wouldn't be surprised if this is for the primavera team if true.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I highly doubt he would leave for that tbh. Seeing as there's also fairly big teams in Bundesliga and so on after him. But whatever, as long as we get 10m or more

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Woodenlung posted:

I highly doubt he would leave for that tbh. Seeing as there's also fairly big teams in Bundesliga and so on after him. But whatever, as long as we get 10m or more

Didnt' realize the fee was that high - definitely for the big boy squad then. Who knows!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

drat, Eriksen's body isn't even cold yet and they bring in a replacement.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Because nobody could’ve possibly predicted this, Lotito has not sold Salernitana but has given ownership to some sort of trust. The league, of course never considering such a wild and unexpected move, is deciding whether this is legal.

Clubs have to register for next season on Monday.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

Because nobody could’ve possibly predicted this, Lotito has not sold Salernitana but has given ownership to some sort of trust. The league, of course never considering such a wild and unexpected move, is deciding whether this is legal.

Clubs have to register for next season on Monday.

Lol

I saw that Leeds's owner made a cheeky low ball bid this week but Lotito ignored it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/DanishFootball0/status/1418256775552409610