Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
lol?
lol
lol!
View Results

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

infernal machines posted:

i'm pretty sure that means we can now continue doxxing his parents

oh thank christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lol

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"dear richard's parents. your son is a poop man. signed the internet"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
mr. and mrs. keyanka, i write to you with a matter of grave concern regarding your son richard, he's fallen in with a bad crowd.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
dear Richard’s parents,

did you know that ebaum’s world sold for fifty million dollars? just saying.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Management posted:

dear Richard’s parents,

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Management posted:

dear Richard’s parents,

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

The Management posted:

dear Richard’s parents,

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

The Management posted:

dear Richard’s parents,

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

SmokaDustbowl posted:

he didn't bungle it he went for the long con

see my popsicle stick for being an all day sucker

WYR:

10 years of GTR leases and fancy delivery cookies

or

52 million dollars

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

on the one hand, obviously the money is better. but I don't doubt for a second that lowtax would've tried to "invest" it with some dude named cornelius that could get him in on the ground floor of a really great opportunity. he's dumb enough that he absolutely would've lost it all within 2 years and/or ODd on mystery pills

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Given how this place has been managed and Lowtax's financial woes over the years I don't see how he wouldn't have immediately pissed away a $50 mil buyout if he had gotten it and likely have found a way to not pay any taxes on it so he'd be even more in debt

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the cargo hold doors open, only to reveal that the entire shipment of mangosteens is rotten

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

WYR:

10 years of GTR leases and fancy delivery cookies

or

52 million dollars

Are the cookies fancy or is it just their means of delivery which is?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think it'd be more inexplicable than that- it'd be one of those bankruptcies where as far as you could see he had absolutely nothing approaching even the most entry-level, skidoo dealership owner levels of wealth

like a non-modded GTR that somehow he spent more money on than a GTR Nismo, a McMansion on a cheap lot that somehow cost $10m, so much unpaid back taxes that it could trick you for a moment into thinking we had a 80% wealth tax

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

Are the cookies fancy or is it just their means of delivery which is?
both probably, but this is nothing new to cookies and cookie delivery vectors

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it was interesting growing up in the 80s in canada and all manner of foodstuffs (cookies included) would be sold in simple yellow packaging with big black lettering as a store brand for one of the largest grocery chains at the time. while hearing (mostly from americans) tell of how the soviets had boring lives because of communism lol

no name 4 eva

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
good news! no name still exists

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

quote:

no name

quote:

maria

:thunk:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it’s one of those really dumb comforting things, that it does. it probably seemed more prevalent as a child because we lived in a backwater province with not much grocery selection so... sometimes that was the only choice!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
no name ripple chips are great

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

most no name things were/are fairly solid recipes/offerings.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

let me blow your mind here

no name is the brand

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i feel like it’s going to see a resurgence over “president’s choice” after the past few years lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no name is the brand

no im sorry that is illegal

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I've been eating crackers from a brand with no name

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

President Beep posted:

the cargo hold doors open, only to reveal that the entire shipment of mangosteens is rotten

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

President Beep posted:

no im sorry that is illegal

mr. president, please. you've had enough screen time. now it's bed time, bed time for the president. sir, please!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

their twitter game is also pretty good considering brand twitters tend to be the most atrocious "how do you do fellow consumers" garbage

mostly just puns about their packaging and responding to people with gifs themed like their packaging

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just noticed that lowtaxs announcement that also says the sale will happen this month got pulled

lol

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

https://youtu.be/_7jVLp-n9ww

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Management posted:

dear Richard’s parents,

you can add whatever Cracked made before it spun down

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Achmed Jones posted:

just noticed that lowtaxs announcement that also says the sale will happen this month got pulled

lol

it disappeared earlier this week most likely because announcements expire unless the admin sets a toggle for them to be persistent. lowtax probably did not. its not like it matters. goons weren’t the people watching his lovely stream or posting his mom’s address.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

lowtax...lied?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Do announcements actually expire by default? That's a feature I wouldn't expect these forums to have.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i know moocow. still processing this. wow.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Fame Douglas posted:

Do announcements actually expire by default? That's a feature I wouldn't expect these forums to have.

yeah. they’re only up for like 5 or 7 days by default. this was something mentioned in qcs threads where people were griping about announcements in their bookmarks.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

iirc they didn't used to, then people complained a lot in qcs when there were a couple persistent announcements at the same time and jeffrey changed it so they expire by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Fame Douglas posted:

yeah

stickies do too, actually. you can set them to be stickied for a certain amount of time or indefinitely, and iirc the default is a week or so